• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Terrible news! Asda pitta bread no more!

Daisyboo

S: 13st3lb C: 13st3lb G: 12st0lb BMI: 28.1 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
All the Asda's by us have discontinued Quark for the same reason :( and aparently the Co-op are phasing out Pasta & Sauces?!? :confused: sounds like there is a SW conspiracy going on!! :sigh:

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
S: 13st13lb G: 9st9lb
Well! It'll have to be Tesco pittas then lol, it's got virtually the same nutritional information as Asda ones.

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
They may have similar nutritional values but the ingredients are a lot more processed including various flours, oils and a long list of additives. :(

abigail09

Gold Member
S: 11st6lb C: 11st1lb G: 9st7lb BMI: 26.6 Loss: 0st5lb(3.13%)
Well! It'll have to be Tesco pittas then lol, it's got virtually the same nutritional information as Asda ones.
they arent a healthy choice

omg i love asda wholemeal pittas!!! i might have to stock up with loads and loads and freeze them. or have they already gone?!!!!

AndieG

S: 12st5.5lb C: 10st0lb G: 8st7lb Loss: 2st5.5lb(19.31%)
Oh no I never got to try them either, might a look tomorrow when I go to see if they have any. Oh well hope head office sort out a replacement for it.

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
They may have similar nutritional values but the ingredients are a lot more processed including various flours, oils and a long list of additives. :(
OMG you're right! It's got some pretty awful ingredients....

Wholemeal Wheat Flour,Water ,Wheat Flakes , Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1.5%) ,Yeast ,Sea Salt ,Wheat Flour , Preservatives (Calcium Propionate, Potassium Sorbate) , Acidity Regulator (Sodium Diacetate) ,Soya Flour ,Vegetable Oil.

Alternatively the Waitrose essential wholemeal pitta bread looks great!

Ingredients: Wholemeal wheat flour, water, soya flour, yeast, salt.

Not much fibre though.... About half as much as the Asda one... Sigh!!

lurverick

Now to maintain.....
S: 12st13.5lb C: 8st12.5lb G: 9st3lb BMI: 20.7 Loss: 4st1lb(31.4%)
my hubby couldnt get any when he went into our asda earlier...just a big empty space.

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
Allie!! So YOU'RE the one who bought them all!!!!

Harry'sMom07

Silver Member
S: 14st3.0lb C: 13st11.5lb G: 11st0.0lb BMI: 29.9 Loss: 0st5.5lb(2.76%)
Coo, I have an unopened pack in my freezer.... who'll start me at £10? ;)

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
Humpf, lol! Nah it's okay. I don't eat the Asda pitta breads anyway. I eat the food doctor cereal & seed pitta bread. Its not a HE but I count it as one anyway (plus 2 syns). Hasn't done me any harm and it tastes delicious, but yeah it's not a SW approved HE.

S: 20st5lb C: 18st11.5lb G: 15st0lb Loss: 1st7.5lb(7.54%)
On another forum that I visit (moneysavingexpert.com) it says that Asda have had issues with the supplier of their pitta breads and that they are out of stock of all types of pitta. Apparently they had to remove them from sale due to an issue. But it is being looked into and should be resolved shortly.

here is the link http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2440133

HTH

x

Last edited: