Terrible news! Asda pitta bread no more!

Circes

Strutting her stuff
Someone on Facebook has had an email from Asda saying that they have discontinued the wholemeal pitta bread due to costs and poor sales. :(

Well it was nice while it lasted!

All the Asda's by us have discontinued Quark for the same reason :( and aparently the Co-op are phasing out Pasta & Sauces?!? :confused: sounds like there is a SW conspiracy going on!! :sigh:

I reckon we ALL email asda's !!

Gutted - I feel like we have a right treat when we make our own chicken kebabs using them :(

Well! It'll have to be Tesco pittas then lol, it's got virtually the same nutritional information as Asda ones.

They may have similar nutritional values but the ingredients are a lot more processed including various flours, oils and a long list of additives. :(

Well! It'll have to be Tesco pittas then lol, it's got virtually the same nutritional information as Asda ones.

they arent a healthy choice

omg i love asda wholemeal pittas!!! i might have to stock up with loads and loads and freeze them. or have they already gone?!!!!

They may have similar nutritional values but the ingredients are a lot more processed including various flours, oils and a long list of additives. :(

OMG you're right! It's got some pretty awful ingredients....

Wholemeal Wheat Flour,Water ,Wheat Flakes , Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1.5%) ,Yeast ,Sea Salt ,Wheat Flour , Preservatives (Calcium Propionate, Potassium Sorbate) , Acidity Regulator (Sodium Diacetate) ,Soya Flour ,Vegetable Oil.

Alternatively the Waitrose essential wholemeal pitta bread looks great!

Ingredients: Wholemeal wheat flour, water, soya flour, yeast, salt.

Not much fibre though.... About half as much as the Asda one... Sigh!!

my hubby couldnt get any when he went into our asda earlier...just a big empty space.

Allie!! So YOU'RE the one who bought them all!!!!

Humpf, lol! Nah it's okay. I don't eat the Asda pitta breads anyway. I eat the food doctor cereal & seed pitta bread. Its not a HE but I count it as one anyway (plus 2 syns). Hasn't done me any harm and it tastes delicious, but yeah it's not a SW approved HE.

Back