Thank you ... and good night !

Thanks Chicken and Helen. Well the twins HATED their new school, it is heartbreaking and I just feel like the worst mum in the world for taking them away from a class they were happy in with lots of friends and putting them somewhere where the other kids wouldn't play "because they are too small". :( I can't even begin to say how gutted I am!

On the WI front I lost 3lbs, so can't complain at that at all.

Flopster would you have expected them to have enjoyed a new school on the first day? Do you think they actually hated it or were nervous/worried/scared?

If they did dislike it what would you put this on a scale of 1-10? Do you think that this will diminish after they have had time to settle in a bit?

I hope so.

Flopster would you have expected them to have enjoyed a new school on the first day? Do you think they actually hated it or were nervous/worried/scared?

If they did dislike it what would you put this on a scale of 1-10? Do you think that this will diminish after they have had time to settle in a bit?

I hope so.

Hi Chicken

Well I thought they may have been the centre of attention and enjoyed the first few days (my daughter in particular loves being the centre of attention) but actually the other girls were really quite mean from what I can gather.

My son it transpires told the boys he wasn't going to bother making any friends as he was returning to his old school "as soon as he can". We made it very clear last night that isn't an option lol!

I am hoping it is just early days.

Girls can be so cruel - Hopefully she'll have a much better day today.
I know i've said well done about the weight loss already but just wanted to add to your thread so WELL DONE. :)

Good morning, a bright new day (OK it is raining cats and dogs but I feel the need to be optimistic).

Yesterday was a bad day in every way shape and form! The kids got on slightly better, legal stuff a nightmare and I ate a bit of pizza.

My daughter was complaining her new shoes were hurting her so I took her down to Clarkes's and by the time we finished it was 5pm and the traffic horrendous. So I took them to Pizza Hut. I hadn't had a pack all day as I left them at home so decided that I would order an "edge" pizza with half cheese - the reason being that they cut them into very small pieces (I asked them to purposely cut them into smaller pieces) and I had two small pieces - it was very controlled although the kids went mad at me, but, rather than wolfing it down, I nibbled at it and felt seriously bloated afterwards.

I am a bit disappointed that I ate but am pleased that I didn't binge and after the last few days that was a very distinct possibility.

It also made me realise that I am getting very very very fed up with abstinence and am missing food more and more. Don't get me wrong I am delighted with my loss but want to start using my teeth again! I think if I can stay abstinent over the last 28 days, and loose another stone which is my goal, I am going to head into management and then try to control my weight and even lose the last stone using conventional methods and a low GI or GL diet.

HI :)

I think you have the right idea. Keep strong, do your 100 days then start adding food.
I suppose thats why i like CD as there are a few plans (although i dont know what LL is like, there might be the option to do something similar).
Once you've done your counselling and got all you can from that have you thought about giving CD 790 or 1000 a try? It's a lot cheaper and you might benefit from a change in plans?
I know when i get to the end of my tether with ssing i'll move up a stage to lose the rest of the weight. DOnt forget ssing isnt the only weight loss plan out there. If you stop ssing you are NOT a failure. :)
Am going to be offline for a few days. Keep going - not that long to go. :)

Thanks Helen, I really want to do the LL Management programme because I think that is key to long term success.

Enjoy your time away from the puter.

Hi Flopster,

I think it is important that you complete your 100 days and I do think you are getting a lot out of LL so you would be wise to finish.

I do think your body tells you to listen and if you feel this is what you need then go for it...the whole point of the diet is to get back in tune with our bodies and listen to them and the signals that they give us.

I would recommend Antony Worrall Thompson's books, his first one of the GI diet and is new one on the GL diet as one follows the other.

The two books explain it very well.

I have picked up a good few cookery books in Tescos..Cooking for a Healthy heart by Jacqui Lynas..The FI Cookbook by Parragon...they seem to have a nice selection with easy receipes and ingredients that you don't feel you have to travel the world to get, but are in most shops now a days.

I think all in all you have done exceptionally well under the stressful conditions of the last few weeks and I think you should pat yourself on the back for that, not many could do it and you have.

Love Mini xxx

Thank you Mini, I will definately buy those books. Right now my body is telling me to get into bed with a cushion over my head to drown out the noise of my over excited kids!

I think I am just going to get through this one day at a time which is all I can do and decide on a day to day basis whether I am going to continue tomorrow (that is of course after I finish the 100 days).

Nice drop on the scales this morning and am feeling so back on track!

Still very stressed about the kids but am not tempted to eat so that is good. Legal seems to have quietened down but am running round like a blue ars*d fly preparing for an exhibition next week as I have left it rather late!

Tonight I am out with the girls for dinner, which I am looking forward to. I won't be eating but am looking forward to the social. We are going to an indian restaurant so I will take a pack with me and eat that instead.

Only a couple of days now til the Robbie concert as well.

All good stuff.

Hi N

Ive finally found you Flopster. Ive literally looked everywhere on this Forum and have just spotted your new post on the front page. Unfortunately I didn't spot this Weight Loss Diary until I started posting in the LL Forum so Ive carried on there as you know.

Glad your having a better day. Ive posted you on my thread to your earlier message - theres a bit of advice in there for you if you want to look at it.

Good luck with the indian restaurant tonight. I went out last week and found that I microwaved my toffee bar and put the biscuits into a small tupperware container. When I was asked for my order I told the waitress I had already eaten but could I just have a large black coffee and a large minteral water. I brought the biscuits out when I got my coffee and they just looked like the little biscuits you get on the side of the saucer and because I was munching away I felt like I wasn't missing out.

Would have rather been munching on an onion bargie, or samosa instead with poppodum but Hay Ho its the price we have to pay for being slim like Victoria Beckham.

See you Monday chuck.

Carolyne42xx

HI.

Glad you feel a bit more positive about things today. i bet the scales helped!! :)
Have a fun night out. xx

Last edited:
Ive finally found you Flopster. Ive literally looked everywhere on this Forum and have just spotted your new post on the front page. Unfortunately I didn't spot this Weight Loss Diary until I started posting in the LL Forum so Ive carried on there as you know.

Glad your having a better day. Ive posted you on my thread to your earlier message - theres a bit of advice in there for you if you want to look at it.

Good luck with the indian restaurant tonight. I went out last week and found that I microwaved my toffee bar and put the biscuits into a small tupperware container. When I was asked for my order I told the waitress I had already eaten but could I just have a large black coffee and a large minteral water. I brought the biscuits out when I got my coffee and they just looked like the little biscuits you get on the side of the saucer and because I was munching away I felt like I wasn't missing out.

Would have rather been munching on an onion bargie, or samosa instead with poppodum but Hay Ho its the price we have to pay for being slim like Victoria Beckham.

See you Monday chuck.

Carolyne42xx

Hey you, and here is me thinking you were ignoring me :D the indian was great, I didn't eat and didn't feel deprived, I took a pack of "crisps" to eat whilst they were having their starters and I mixed a chocolate and vanilla mousse (I just asked for a bowl and tea spoon), I spent today just glugging hot water and had a soup round about lunch time so was really ready to eat.

I'll go look at your thread in a minute, then it is off to bed for me.

Catch you soon.

N

HI.

Glad you feel a bit more positive about things today. i bet the scales helped!! :)
Have a fun night out. xx

Thanks Helen, I had a lovely night out, was glad to get away from the stresses and strains here for a bit!

How are you - I thought you were off line for a bit?

nothing like being offline as an incentive to get the office finished!!
My dad helped me finish it off - what a star!!!!

Glad you had a lovely night out - sounds like your back in control! Good on you. :)

Hi there

Glad you're feeling better, you have great willpower honey!!!

Luv

LOL have you seen how many times I have eat real food?

I am actually an incredibily determined person generally which is one of the reasons everyone was so surprised when I let my weight go like that!

Anyhoo, that is in the past, I am looking forward to living life now as a slim person :)

Hi N

Got your post earlier.

Will mention the Xmas do at Monday night's session so look forward to that especially in the next few weeks when we will all split up going our different ways. It will be nice to put a date in our diary to all meet up and have a right good chin wag and laugh with the Group.

Friday afternoon looms and looking forward to finishing for the weekend. The weather is supposed to be nice so Im anticipating going for a nice long walk with the kids and possibly a picnic.

Going back to ' kids problems ' . Josh, my son started his new High School on Wednesday I have been so proud of him to actually going on a bus for the very first time in his life on his own to finding his way round the huge school building. Well last night he went to bed at 8pm because he said he had a really bad headache with all the thinking and stress he had done that day and he broke down into tears. He hates it, he doesn't have any lessons with any of the lads who moved from his primary school and he said he doesn't feel comfortable with it and he didn't want to go today. I was besides myself and I had a little cry too. I told him that things seemed worse at night and it was important for him to get a good night sleep. I told him I would do the worrying for him and to make sure his backpack was packed with the right books and he felt better on that. Poor little thing he is so sensitive than the girls. At one time, little things like this would have sent me onto eat, and eat and eat. It happens to everyone's children at some point. Just wanted to let you know that your not on your own with school concerns. !!

See you Monday. Have a really good weekend.

Oh no! I hope he settles back in quickly next week, I have spoken to a few people today who have said that their kids have struggled to get back into the swing of school. I hope next week is a better one for us all. Who'd be a mum eh?

See you on Monday.

Back