ThatBubbs' Weight Loss Journey :)

Thanks lovely :) x

Had a little bit of a splurge last night, but just a tad, back on the meal planning etc today and feeling excited at the prospect of losing this week. Think this has finally pulled me back onto the wagon properly :)

Went over my syns a little yesterday, but clawing it back today. Think I might be better off working from weekly syns, I seem to be doing that accidentally hehe!

Got some lovely gammon steaks reduced to 75p in the supermarket last night so boiled taties, gammon, and a big chunk of veg - overdid the spuds a little though - I can NEVER gauge the right amount! Ah well, twas tasty and a nice change. Mushroom risotto for tea tonight which I'm excited for, and I may do some sugar free jelly for a treat :)

Going to aim for 8 syns for the next 3 days to weigh in, and hopefully bulk up on the fruit :D Was very impressed to see Fibre Plus bars at 99p a pack in Home Bargains too... may have picked 6 packs up mind :) Still between them and weetabix I've got breakfast options for the next 2 weeks as twice this week I didnt have anything and ended up nibbling on some crisps or something. I kept it in my syns, but then felt annoyed later that I didnt have them for an evening treat, preparation is the key!

Done a bit more 'body magic' this week - did the 1.5 mile walk into town in 22 minutes the other day so we didnt miss the start of Spiderman, and shitme me thighs were killing for the next day - didn't know I had muscles on the front as well as the back ;)

But yes, after all that rambling am hoping the extra body magic (and any I'll do at the weekend) plus the 8 syns a day thing will yield a couple of lbs off. Fingers firmly crossed!

I've been lighter on syns this weekend as planned... until the boy brought me a Wispa back from the shop when he went to get milk, because it was a great deal and I'd had a headache most of the day. Doh. Today however, I'm the hungriest in the world, it must be hormonal or something. I did go overboard yesterday and have an extra hex as well, but I needed to up my fibre and all I had in was that kind of thing! Nuff said

Weigh in later, we'll see how it goes. I said in class I wanted to lose 2, but I think I'll be happy with any loss tbh. I was much more on it, but still fell off a bit - did do a frantic walk tho (usually takes 45 minutes, did it in 20 and ached for a day afterwards) so maybe that'll help! Who knows. Fingers crossed for later - IIRC if I lose 1lb that's me lost 50lbs so far, which is a bit mental, but good :)

ThatBubbs said:
Post and run as waiting for image therapy to start, but 2lbs off, yay!

Woop woop :) I have gone over to Atkins diet today for my summer holidays - or as long as I can last!!
U should be able to find my diary in there if u want?? My SW one was in the silver section hence why u couldn't see it! X

Woop woop :) I have gone over to Atkins diet today for my summer holidays - or as long as I can last!!
U should be able to find my diary in there if u want?? My SW one was in the silver section hence why u couldn't see it! X

Coolio, will have a nosey :)

So for a proper update - 2lb off, yay! We had a chinese last night (chicken in black bean) plus I had a couple of fibre pluses but only went over my syns a reasonable amount - it was controlled eating rather than a binge. Plus (TMI) I've needed the fibre, & it's helping!

New C is fab, she's really motivating and the group feels really like a group, everyone is engaged and friendly and it's such a culture shock compared to the last group I went to (briefly) everyone seems like they have a 'can do' attitude and shares tips, rather than just spending ages discussing what they can't have. it's refreshing :)

Today am back on it, and feeling good. I bought 1 box of rocky road hifis last night, and had two as my hex for yesterday, and have allocated the rest for syns instead. had one after lunch today and it was certainly satisfactory! :) Dunno what tea will be tonight, haven't made any plans - maybe noodlesoup as it requires balls all prep, or something quorny.

Not feeling great in other ways tho, the weather / pollen count is playing havoc with my asthma, am having the first difficulties for over 6 months (it's been better since I started losing weight) and consequently I don't have my inhaler with me, so am just living with it. Hopefully it'll help when I get home, but if there isn't a remarked improvement I mightn't go to chorus, as if I canny breathe I can't sing either.

In other news, am away Sat - Mon in Edinburgh, so will be eating with the friend I'm staying with. I really don't have much choice over what food is offfered, but I'm gonna attempt to make wise choices while I'm out and about, keep up the snacking on superfree / hexs and should be doing a lot of walking about anyway so it shouldn't be too bad. Will be weighing in on the Wed instead I think, so I have a couple of days to recoup, and am aiming for a 1lb loss still. Then a short week as I'll be back to weighing in on the Mon, ideally I'll get another couple of lbs off then :)

Last edited:
Also , I forgot to say, new C had asked me to think of a preliminary target so I have something to really aim for. I've set a target of 14st 4 by 1st Jan. I will actually weigh in on NYE if class is on, so it'll be amazing to start 2013 at less than 200lbs. Basically, I picked the number for that reason, also it'll mean losing 2 stone by the end of the year, which is basically 1.2lb a week, so if I'm aiming for 1-2lb a week that's a totally reasonable expectation. I fluffed around a load for a few months moving home and group, but I'm back in it and on it now, and I know I will do my best to acheive it.

Then 2013, I can pick a more permanent target level and work towards that. I;m focussing for now on remembering what I've lost, how much better I feel, how it's made me more confident and changed my life already, and I'm positive that it and I can do even more. I may not ever be 8st like some of the women my height, but if I can lose 6 /7 stone or something - that's crazy amazing! And based on previous progress I can actually do that!

You should be really proud of yourself Bubbs, you've worked really hard and you look amazing! Here's to 2013!

Aw thanks binty, you are dead inspiring so hearing that from you is a real boost x

Went over syns tonight, but only by 5 so not to bad. Aim is for less than 10 syns per day now, and as much superfree as possible. Wish I'd managed to get some apple after work tho, just ended up crawling to the sofa. Banana town tomorrow it seems. Will have weetabix for breakfast to try keep me going as long as possible.

Going to the cinema after work to see Magic Mike with best friend, have to kill an hour so will pop up to supermarket and get some grapes to nibble and keep me off the minstrels / butterkist!

Stayed off the butterkist ... but had garlic bread. Sigh. Being poorly this week has screwed me right up, I can't walk anywhere in a particular hurry and I'm eating the wrong things. Am going to instigate a hardline policy no biscuits, no crisps and no chocolate. Notable exceptions will be: Tunnocks tea cakes, shapers onion rings, freddos. Am going to start saying no to everything, as the boy shouldn't be penalised for wanting treats when he's around. So I'm just going to channel my inner grange hillian and JUST SAY NO.

Hopefully will have inhalers tonight so can have lots of fun times breathing. And will snack when out and about over the weekend away on fruitbags / fruit depending where I am. Yes. WIll do this

Sticking by my last update, but I'm currently feeling anxious. I don't see a way to turn it around for WI Weds with me being away, and I can't book a holiday last min as my C is on hol so we've got area manager standing in. I feel bad that I'm gonna turn up to my old group, I know it'll be a gain, and I'll have to then somehow turn that back around for monday again. Ugh.

This hayfever / cold thing is bloody awful, the inhalers have worked and I can breathe again, but only through one nostril. Am super bunged up (nose!), I have a really sore throat and it's proper making me a grump. I'm a right negative nancy when i'm ill. Hopefully I'll just get plenty of walking in when I'm away (and on the tuesday too, hoping to get out and about if the weather complies) Having my eyebrows waxed, that might save me 0.5 lb with how big they've gotten... ;)

Had a fab time while I was away - but I'd predicting a 2lb gain this week. Not even the food - though I enjoyed myself - but I was so poorly with this cold / cough all weekend (still am) that I've got through a bottle of cough syrup, umpteen lockets and that's just for starters. I didn't have the energy to traipse about loads to work it off :( The only reason I mightn't gain tomorrow is because I'll be getting weighed first thing in the morning but I don't think I could've done much to avoid gaining this week! Gotta find something other than cough medicine and lockets to get me through, and hope to take whatever the gain ends up being off again by the following monday

Weighed in first thing rather than tea time, stayed the same. I'm sure Thad due to the time of weighing, but I'm taking it! I've got 5 days now to be 100% as **** to get some weight off, need to be more focussed to account for the difference

It's going to be a gain, I just know it. With being off work I've eaten more sporadically and more junk because the boy eats junk. I could say no, but I haven't. I've got the cough syrup etc to contend with still, and deciding last night that 'i'd already fecked it so may as well have a Ripple and a few cookies' can't have helped. I'm annoyed at myself, but more because I could have avoided this if i'd found the time / money to get proper shopping in. And there was the birthday party buffet (which I really nibbled on as idiot here hadn't had dinner)...least I didn't have alcohol too I guess

Clothes are feeling better on me than they were, on the other hand, and I feel more self confident so I can take the gain and move on. Positive mental attitude, I've started a proper food diary on my comp too, to help myself out

Mission for this week is to try eating melon, I need more superfree I know I do, and I figure melon is readily available even in boots etc, I just have to learn to like it. Giving it a go can't hurt. Gonna do a supermarket shop tomorrow so will work out a meal plan for the week, at least being back at work and not on hol gives me my routine again

It was a gain last week 1.5. Not as bad as I thought, so that was a relief.

Nervous for WI today, said I wanted 3 off as everyone in the group was saying big numbers, and I thought 'yeah, why not aim high' but I had a discretion at the start of the week after weigh in (bell end!) I reduced syns to compensate, but think I'm still slightly over for the week. Less bread though, much less crap and did some more walking so am hoping very hard. 1.5 off to account for the last gain would be acceptable, but really as I'm much more on plan than I have been in ages, I feel like it should be more. Fingers crossed, I'd love to get 2 or more. I feel better for having been more on plan this week, even having some properly 100% days, need to channel that feeling I think!

How's it going??

Hiya, didn't realise I'd not updated this. I lost 2lb Monday, and this week would love 2.5 off to get down into the next stone range... But I've definitely not done enough for it, and I have a do this weekend where I want a couple of glasses of wine. Doh. Still, I'm thinking red days maybe over the weekend and Monday, low carb and extra hexs might help. Doing some proper shopping would too, lol.

How you doing Cai?

ThatBubbs said:
Hiya, didn't realise I'd not updated this. I lost 2lb Monday, and this week would love 2.5 off to get down into the next stone range... But I've definitely not done enough for it, and I have a do this weekend where I want a couple of glasses of wine. Doh. Still, I'm thinking red days maybe over the weekend and Monday, low carb and extra hexs might help. Doing some proper shopping would too, lol.

How you doing Cai?

Not too bad - I am trying the JUdDD diet - up days and down days.
Means I am only 'limiting' what I eat every other day at tho mo which makes things easier over the summer. Only on day 4 but it is looking good for a loss after the weekend :) x

Hopefully it stays that way for you then! :)

It's not going to be a large loss for me this week - I'd happily take a little one or even a maintain though. I need to learn to say no again. Plus I was ill Tuesday so had an immodium, and without being utterly TMI I'm still bloated as all hell and not back to regularity at all. Ugh. I'm going to try my hardest this week, I need this to work and it has when I do it right. I need to not sabotage myself and screw myself over.

I had a fab time at the wedding reception though, 3 large glasses of wine and 2 bacon sandwiches (fat & white rolls) of a great time

Back