The big ship sails on the Alli Alli Oh...

I think it's quicker... if you click on user cp you get a list of threads you have posted on, which have been posted on since then by others... saves jumping around the different boards and forums. Then click back & you're back to the list, you can whittle it down and see what you have yet to read and/or reply to. But if you are happy doing it the other way, that's fine as well!

xxx

I think it's quicker... if you click on user cp you get a list of threads you have posted on, which have been posted on since then by others... saves jumping around the different boards and forums. Then click back & you're back to the list, you can whittle it down and see what you have yet to read and/or reply to. But if you are happy doing it the other way, that's fine as well!

xxx

No, I've tried what you said and it's much better, thankyou. Can't seem to find my thread there though? Now, how to tie shoelaces? ...:eek: :rolleyes: x

You only see the threads that have new posts on them since you last looked... so if you haven't posted on your thread and nobody else has either, it won't be on the list.

xxx

Oops, found mine when I saw the 'view all subscribed threads'. Oh dear. What else don't I know that I don't know? x

Ah, I didn't know THAT!

xxx

It's Saturday and I'm off work for a week WOOHOO!!

It's my DS' 8th birthday tomorrow and we will be going to a restaurant of his choice. He keeps changing his mind so planning is not easy. I'm hoping it will end up being either Nando's or a steak house. Worst case scenario would be Pizza Hut but hey ho.

Today I'm eating:

B: Bacon, eggs, tomatoes & syn free sausages with 1 slice w/m bread
L: Just some fruit as I was still stuffed from my late breakfast
D: Home made prawn coctail to start and steak with small jacket (HEB) & green beans for mains. Strawberries and meringues for pudding (2-3 syns).

That's it - I doubt I have any syns to spare after the week I've had and I need as many as I can for my meal tomororw.

Hope you are all having a great weekend! :)

I hope he has a lovely day Alli. Have a relaxing weekend! x

Have a great day Alli and enjoy it... and enjoy the holiday! Wooo!

xxx

Hi SW Goddess!

I hope you are having a fun SW day. I love the treasure hunt idea (with the pub finale) - the next time I get roped into planning a wives' function I am going to PM you for some info on how it worked and do this! Sounds like a "hoot" as we day here in the Lone Star State!

Wishing you and yours a wonderful Palm Sunday.

Mel

P.S. Bess you and KC crack me up... it reminds me of how my DS told me that people knew I was over 40 because I spelt out all of my words when I texted them. He said, "Mom, you should just send them a picture message of your crow's feet!" The b^ast^rd!

The cheek of it, my feet are NOTHING like crow's ones. Hobbit ones, maybe... Lol!

xxx

Morning all,

After a week of eating out I still managed to lose a lb this morning. I have no idea how but hey I'll accept it gracefully ;)

Yesterday was my DS' birthday and we went to his favourite Chinese restaurant and my plans to be restrained went out of the window! It is one of those restaurant where you pay a set price and then order freely from a menu. If it was a la carte I might have stood a chance but everyone else ordered pretty much the whole starter section (to share) and so the picking started...

Anyway - no reason to veer off route for the next few days. Our car has broken down (again) so our planned trip to Cornwall for the weekend is unlikely to happen. So a week at home catching up on stuff before school / work starts again - a good week to try and be 100%.

Menu today:

B: Yogurt, Fibre + (HEB)
S: Fruit
L: Meatballs and Spagetti
D: Grilled chicken & Ratatouille
S: Baked Crisps (5)
HEA: A couple of skinny lattes

Sorry about the car & the Cornwall break... grrr. On the up side, yay to the 1lb loss!

xxx

Morning Alli (it is morning here) --

Congrats on the loss (and I totally get being unable to restrain yourself with yummy Chinese food).

Sorry about the car and Cornwall holiday -- maybe the next half-term break would be a better time to go anyway (the water off Cornwall is always cold -- brrrr).

MinnieMel

Hi Alli, just caught up with your diary and well done on shifting another lb :D Really sorry to hear about your car problems and having to postpone your Cornwall trip. Hopefully it won't cost too many pennies to fix and you can have your well-earned holiday very soon. xx

Morning all,

After a week of eating out I still managed to lose a lb this morning. I have no idea how but hey I'll accept it gracefully ;)

Yesterday was my DS' birthday and we went to his favourite Chinese restaurant and my plans to be restrained went out of the window! It is one of those restaurant where you pay a set price and then order freely from a menu. If it was a la carte I might have stood a chance but everyone else ordered pretty much the whole starter section (to share) and so the picking started...

Anyway - no reason to veer off route for the next few days. Our car has broken down (again) so our planned trip to Cornwall for the weekend is unlikely to happen. So a week at home catching up on stuff before school / work starts again - a good week to try and be 100%.

Menu today:

B: Yogurt, Fibre + (HEB)
S: Fruit
L: Meatballs and Spagetti
D: Grilled chicken & Ratatouille
S: Baked Crisps (5)
HEA: A couple of skinny lattes

What?!! You lost 1lb the morning after a Chinese meal???Fab! :eek: Get on those scales again in a couple of days Alli! :D

Shame about the car, I do hope you can still get away. xx

Morning all,

It's a lovely and sunny day here in Kent and I'm feeling calm and in control - foodwise that is. Stuck to plan yesterday despite friends trying to convince me to have an ice cream in the park. :)

I've just had a bit of a fall out with DD over clothes. She is not even 7 years old but we still have daily dramas over what to wear. If I buy clothes for her she won't wear them and if she chooses her own clothes she still won't wear them once they're hers. She insists on wearing clothes that are completely inappropriate or too small. It is driving me insane as I've previously spent good money on really nice dresses that she chose herself and they only get worn once until she finds a fault with them (too scratchy, too lose, too long / short / wide etc). I have so far refused to buy her any new summer clothes as I just can't bear seeing money going to waste like that and she has some nice clothes from last year that still fit. Sigh! I wish I knew what to do. DH is threatening to throw all her clothes in the bin bar one set and make her wear the same clothes day in day out. I'm just so grateful for school uniforms term time as it reduces the arguments (although she manages to find fault with them as well).

She is the loveliest girl in every other sense, hard working, honest and happy - but her spoilt princess attitude when it comes to clothes is driving me up the wall.

Right - my menu today will be:

B: poached eggs, w/m bread
S: Fibre +, grapes
L: Pasta with red pesto and cherry tomatoes (2.5)
S: yogurt, fruit, maybe a twister (4)
D: BNS risotto
HEA - milk in coffee and a little parmesan

Off to walk the dogs - at least they don't talk back (much) :D

Aw, the clothes thing starts early for some girls! I must have been a pain in the bum as a child, I'd refuse to wear anything with buttons - in the 60s that was almost everything alas! I am still hugely picky and to add to it I have a very - ahem - peculiar taste. Vintage, 50s/40s style, no buttons (!) no v-necks, no low necks, no synthetic fabrics. I was once lucky to get posh photos done and was provided with a full makeover and a rack of (hideous to me) clothes to choose from. I had to grin and bear it and afterwards scrubbed off the make up at the sink in a public toilet, and even now I cannot look at those pics because I hate the clothes so much.

Your daughter is a fashion original. Perhaps she will be the next Vivienne Westwood?

xxx

Kids eh? I used to offer mine a choice of 3 outfits and they made their choice from those, but I suspect that at 6, your D might be a bit too old for that ploy.....
Mind you, as they've grown up we've had the odd crying session on the stairs along the lines of, ' I can't go out then, I've got nothing to wear, everything looks awful!' - And that was just me!! :rolleyes: xxx

Hope you have a wonderful Easter Alli, I think you said you were going to Sweden? Thanks for dropping by with support and encouragement, much appreciated.xx

Back