The big ship sails on the Alli Alli Oh...

Bess said:
Hope you have a wonderful Easter Alli, I think you said you were going to Sweden? Thanks for dropping by with support and encouragement, much appreciated.xx

Not Sweden, but Cornwall. Unfortunately as our car broke down we had to cancel and are now staying local. We've been to Ipswich today to buy a new car so will spend the rest of the weekend relaxing with the kids. Hope you're having a good Easter weekend too!

Am sitting in traffic - hate car journeys on sunny days -such a waste of time. Oh well it can't bed helped.

Have had a meal of plan today as we were at the mercy of the motorway services. Ended up with a panini and cappuccino at Costa. Hopefully it won't cost me too much as I'm really hoping for a good loss this week.

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine - it's been such a gorgeous day today - bbq planned with friend tonight. I've made a cous cous salad and marinated some chicken so should be free. Pavlova for pud filled with sweetened quark and piled high writhing strawberries. Yum!

Ah, stuck in traffic not good... try not to worry about the panini, the rest of the week you have been on track so all should be good... oh, that pavlova sounds fab! Who needs cornwall when you have a barbie & friends and sunshine? Wishing you a fab Easter weekend Alli!

xxx

Yes, that pavlova does sound good - and just what I'll make for Sunday lunch I think. Thanks Alli. Enjoy your weekend. xx

Have a lovely weekend :)

Gail x

Hi Alli,

My DD was/is the same. She has actually improved a bit as she has gotten older. I think a lot of the issues are peer related -- and she has "matured" I think she is developing her own style. Just do not allow clothes that are inappropriate in her wardrobe, and when DD's clothes get too small -- she can chose which friend gets them handed down to her. She is much more willing to part with things, if they are going to a smaller friend.

I hope you have a lovely Easter.

What kind of car did you select?

MinnieMel

Happy Easter Alli & family!

xxx

Ah, stuck in traffic not good... try not to worry about the panini, the rest of the week you have been on track so all should be good... oh, that pavlova sounds fab! Who needs cornwall when you have a barbie & friends and sunshine? Wishing you a fab Easter weekend Alli!

xxx
Wish it was just the panini Katy! Unfortunately I was swayed by a buffet last night - it so wasn't worth it...still as you say I've been good most of the week so have tiny hope that I might have lost a lb....Have a great weekend!

Yes, that pavlova does sound good - and just what I'll make for Sunday lunch I think. Thanks Alli. Enjoy your weekend. xx

It was lovely (but will not sweeten the quark so much next time. I worked out a thin slice to be around 4 syns so not bad at all. You enjoy your weekend too!

Have a lovely weekend :)

Gail x

Thanks Gail - You too!
Hi Alli,

My DD was/is the same. She has actually improved a bit as she has gotten older. I think a lot of the issues are peer related -- and she has "matured" I think she is developing her own style. Just do not allow clothes that are inappropriate in her wardrobe, and when DD's clothes get too small -- she can chose which friend gets them handed down to her. She is much more willing to part with things, if they are going to a smaller friend.

I hope you have a lovely Easter.

What kind of car did you select?

MinnieMel

Thanks Mel - I know that's what I need to do. I'm not very organised when it comes to culling clothes that are too small and some of her favourite clothes are way too small now - hence the dramas. Still we have worked out a system. I have let her keep her favourite dress (too small) as a play dress and got rid of anything else which no longer fits properly. We then went out shopping and she chose a new dress to buy. When she proves to me that she can dress herself without dramas for a while I'll get her another outfit and so on. Thank God for cheap places like Sainsbury's and H&M!! :)

Car...it's a silver BMW estate of some description - it fitted my one criteria of having a big enough boot to fit the dogs in :rolleyes:. I lost interest after that...

Happy Easter Alli & family!

xxx
Happy Easter to you & your family too Katy!

HAPPY EASTER!!

Well I had another meal off plan yesterday. We had a movie night last night which generally involves a "special meal" of the children's choosing. They chose buffet (or banquet as my DD calls it) so we dashed up to our local Iceland and bought a pack of buffet type food. I put out some leftover cous cous and syn free meat for myself and then ignored it while I gorged on spring rolls and duck wraps :mad:. We are going to family for Sunday lunch today and so I know that's not going to be SW friendly and could have really done without last night. Still there's little I can do about it now but accept that the scales may not show the big loss I was hoping for. Will have fruit and yogurt for breakfast to try and keep the rest of the day light and just take it as it comes. I'm actually looking forward to going back to work to get back into some sort of routine! I love school holidays but it's not good for my dieting mindset!

Time to pop up to the woods with the dogs - An hour of peace and quiet before we head off to the chaos that is DH's family ;)

:eek::eek::eek: 1lb off:eek::eek::eek:

I have no idea how that happened but I'm not complaining! :D

As it seemed as if I had lost quite a bit of weight at the beginning of the week I was originally hoping for a 2-3lb loss but after the weekend I've had and the numerous easter eggs I consumed together with a big roast last night I'm absolutely delighted that a lb has come off.

Now I need to really focus and try and be 100% this week as I would like to see a couple of more lbs go in the next few weeks.

My progress so far is incredibly slow - 4 lbs in 5 weeks and I'd like to get up to an average of 1+ lbs per week. We shall see.

No plans for today really. We have homework to complete, PE bags to sort out as well as many other boring tasks we need to do to prep for going back to school / work tomorrow. Hopefully that won't take too long so that we can enjoy the sunshine this afternoon.

Happy Monday everyone!

Yess!!! One lb is all I would be looking for this week too... but yay, it's a lb gone, and Easter out of the way... no reason at all now why you can't get bigger losses in the next few weeks. And it may feel like slow progress but it's PROGRESS Alli, and I know that without SW I'd still be gaining... so slow or fast, it is all welcome.

Well done and hope you get some sunshine time while you can!

xxx

Hi Alli (and KatyCakes),

I hope you are both having a lovely bank holiday. I, too, have to get the homework, etc. sorted for tomorrow.

Both of you have fairly healthy BMIs, and so I suspect that the weight losses will be slower. However, Beck writes how studies show that losing at the rate of no more than 1 to 2 pounds a week -- seems to help with maintaining the losses long-term. So, yay! to that.

Mel

Well done Alli!!

I don't have to do the homework getting ready for school thing after 22 years of it and it's wonderful!!
Nor do I have to get ready for work......at least not for another 5 weeks!!! Tee hee!! :D

Well done Alli!!

I don't have to do the homework getting ready for school thing after 22 years of it and it's wonderful!!
Nor do I have to get ready for work......at least not for another 5 weeks!!! Tee hee!! :D

I'm not jealous at all - I love nothing more than spending a sunny day trying to explain World War II references to an 8 year old who won't sit still for more than 30 seconds at a time.

Still - we are nearly done and getting ready to pop out to a local garden centre. They have great coffee and a kids play ground / area so will hopefully enjoy the sun for at least a short while. They also have the best raspberry & cream slice....I will enjoy watching DH tuck in to one for me :rolleyes: while I munch on some fruit from their farm shop...

mmmm...lovely lunch before we set off - I made a crustless Spinach quiche. Completely free if using cheese as HEA!

Approximate recipe in case anyone's interested:

A few handfuls of frozen spinach, cooked and drained (at a guess it would have been around 2-300g.
4 eggs
1.5 tubs cottage cheese (400g?)
170g reduced fat mature cheddar (this I did weigh)

Mix all together, pour into quiche tin / pie dish and bake until set (around 30 minutes).

A quarter of the quiche is 1 HEA. Delicious! Next time I'm going to try with feta cheese and olives and add sliced tomatoes on the top!

Off now :)

Hi Alli,

Sounds delish. DH was helping DD practice her maths for the SATS and she needs to get a family tree done, too. I have all the data (I think) -- and there was not a due date on the paperwork, but I think she'll need to get it done tomorrow night to turn in Wednesday.

Lucky Bess *sigh*

Morning All,

Back to routine - holidays are always too quick but part of me is looking forward to getting back in routine.

Today's menu will be:

B: Fruit + yogurt
L: Chicken salad, Fibre + bar
D: Pasta with a spicy sausage sauce (2.5)
S: Fruit, fruit and more fruit :)

Will possibly have a couple of chocolates that the kids got for Easter but didn't like (lovely belgian chocolates) - 3 syns each. I haven't decided yet as I'm considering a chocolate free week!:eek: will see how the day goes....

A chocolate free week! :eek:. Now there's a thought..........xxx

I am considering a chocolate-free life. As long as the fibre+ bars Alli recommended (& which I have just sampled) don't count. They don't... do they? ;o)

xxx

LOL I certainly didn't count them when I considered not having any chocolate this week - have just had one with my coffee... :)

Top marks for the suggestion Alli, they are gorgeous, and I can get them in the shops in town... better than the alpen lights and pretty close to the hifis. So... yay!

xxx

Back