The Wedding Ready Diary

Hi there

I am trying to lose just over stone for a wedding in the summer. Started SW at the beginning of April and had a great first two weeks. Since then, although I don't think I am doing anything different, and am trying to stick 100% to plan, the weight loss has slowed to almost a halt. Can anyone look at my food diary for last week and recommend changes.

Monday
Magic Porridge with Muller Light & fresh berries (28g porridge oats)
Tinned tuna salad with tomatoes, cucumber, mixed leaves & spring onion
Chicken curry (no skin/curry powder/fat free yoghourt - no oil) with courgettes & toms, rice
Tea & Coffee with milk from allowance/Diet Coke/Water/Green Tea

Tuesday
Omelette with 3 eggs & spring onions & potatoes, salad
Baked potato with v low fat spag bol

Wednesday
Tuna Salad as above
Grilled skinless salmon, new potatoes, courgettes

Thursday
Pasta Salad (tuna/sweetcorn/tom/spring onions/no dressing)
Baked potato with home made (5% meat) chilli, Salad

Friday
Spaghetti Bol (home made 5% meat), Salad
Grilled lean pork, new pots, courgette, carrots

Saturday
Salad with pastrami, toms, cucumber, spring onions, mixed leaves
Grilled chicken breast
New potatoes
Courgette & broccoli

Sunday
Hard boiled eggs on the go
Cold roast chicken (no skin) Salad

Every day I use my milk allowance (carefully measured) for tea & coffee.

I snack on fruit (apples/pears/pineapple/melon/strawberries/blueberries etc - all fresh)

My (I think) only syn is one tsp of olive oil for my salad dressing

What's going wrong?

oh I see. You really should have more than this, at least 5 a day! Starting out on SW you sould have arround 10 - 15, so you can asses how many works for you, and through your weightloss reduce them accordingly. x

How weird - so how does that work? And while you're on, do you know how to add an award logo to a signature? Those arrow things that show when you've lost a half stone.

Thanks, I think I've added the award now. I get weighed tonight so will see how I've done. If there's still no change I'll whack up the Syns.

if you use your syns then your body can carry on buring of cals, but if you stop your syns then your body will go into starvation mode (even though you may not actually be starving) and hold onto as many calories as possible to make sure that you will have some to use when you need them.
Thats why when you read someone has had a binge and still lost, there matabelism has gone into overdrive. Im not saying try it, just your syns are in the plan so why not have them. x

if you use your syns then your body can carry on buring of cals, but if you stop your syns then your body will go into starvation mode (even though you may not actually be starving) and hold onto as many calories as possible to make sure that you will have some to use when you need them.
Thats why when you read someone has had a binge and still lost, there matabelism has gone into overdrive. Im not saying try it, just your syns are in the plan so why not have them. x

Yea, that's what I was trying to say too! Hahaha! x

I should of quoated it, it really came from my consultant not me. I had loads of questions about syns, and when she told me that it shut me up. lol. :eek:

Doesn't seem that it would work but no point in joining SW ifyou don't follow the rules! I guess after all this time and all the success stories, the consultants know best. Just need to work out the best syn. I don't like chocolate much so might have to go a little bit crazy with bread.

Doesn't seem that it would work but no point in joining SW ifyou don't follow the rules! I guess after all this time and all the success stories, the consultants know best. Just need to work out the best syn. I don't like chocolate much so might have to go a little bit crazy with bread.

Soo true.
I think its syns what help people stay on track also, it makes the plan more realistic in the long run. rather than a quick fix.

Back to the original question your food looks on track (sorry to hijack your thread :rolleyes:) Well done on your loss so far!

Let us know how you get on if you decide to up your syns. Good luck! :)

Can anyone help over potential syn damage from rhubarb. I love the stuff and have loads in the garden. If I cook it with sugar substitute and have it with 0% yoghurt, do I have to syn it?

Utterly utterly hacked off. + 1.5 lbs this week. Have stuck, yet again, 100% on plan. Have been on SW for 6 weeks and in the last 4 have gone up 1.5, down .5, down 2 and then up 1.5 so that's not exactly what you'd call progress, is it. Can't really see the point if I am not shifting the weight. I wouldn't mind so much if I could say, as some do, "had a relapse" or "ate a tub of icecream". Even lunches for the past 5 days have been super speed soup which is OK but not what you'd want for your last meal. So give me reasons to go on!

Oh no! what does your SW consultant advise that you do?
How much have you lost in total over the last 6 weeks? I can see you have your 1/2 stone sticker, so you have lost 7 pounds?!? which averages out at about a pound a week. which is a good steady weight loss.
I know it can be disheartening when you dont get the results you hoped for. but dont blow all your hard work!

My only suggestion would be to mix things up a bit more, you have the same thing for breakfast every day?? And definitely make sure you use your syns. Also hormones can have an affect so your weight will vary with time of the month etc.

I am a slow loser, but I won't give up on SW because I know invariably, it does work.

PS - yes you would need to syn the rhubarb. Any cooked fruit needs to be synned.

Last edited:
Back