The 'what i resisted today' Thread.

I resisted a flapjack at church this morning, oh it looked yummy!

Oh I very nearly slipped up and had two slices of Cheese on toast, but my daughter phoned me to pick her up an hour early, so when I got back I made us both an omelette!

sadly I didn't resist the crackling on the roast today but twas only a lil bit and within syns!

Yesterday afternoon I was out shopping with my daughter (8) and I resisted junk food lunch .... I even sat and watched her eat her hotdog with cheese followed by a large chocolate milkshake. All I had was a bottle of water - man, I'm saintly! I then went home and had a very virtuous beans on wholemeal toast with mushrooms!

Then a little devil mumbled in my ear and I had a slice of triple-chocolate-icecream log which we'd had as a birthday cake for my girl the day before and I had resisted temptation that day, but to resist 2 days in a row was too much! :p

Today, I'm going to resist all evil - I am The Resistorrrrrrrr *adopts super-hero stance*

I went out on a hen night last night and I resisted alcohol :D had a good time and honestly did not miss the drink.

I noticed how drunk everyone around me was and really thought about what is it that people like about being drunk, I drink but hate the feeling of drunkeness, so it was great to come home sober have a sw curry at 2 this morning :eek: and not pig out.

Feeling so virtuous :D

Today I resisted making a slice of cheese on toast just for the sake of using up 2 Hex's. I know I 'should' use them, but I thought it would be pointless to make myself eat something I really didn't want.
I also resisted the urge to stay stuck to the couch and mope about today, so dragged myself up and took both dogs out for a walk (separately). Felt MUCH better for it too :D

Today was my 200th day on SW. :D:D:D To mark the day as a special occasion, I made it an EE day, and had a Chinese for tea (within syns). This had used up all bar-two of my total daily syns and I really started to crave some chocolate. :(:(

After bargaining with myself about it being a special day, and well....I COULD make it a flexi-syn day......and I've only been out of hospital since Friday...... I took a stand against the Devil within, and had 4 Mikados and a cup of tea !!!!! Total daily syns: 15. AND NO MORE !!!!! :p:p:p

Although after reading the title, the only thing I wanted to do, was listen to my inner Borg and type "RESISTANCE IS FUTILE". (OK.....I've now just made a lot of people go 'Huh??" and shown up my inner Star Trek geek..... :eek:)

I resisted a plateful of cakes, jaffa cakes, biscuits and other naughtiness that I bought home from a party for the kids to eat. I only managed this as I knew that dinner at my parents (and my mom's goose-fat roast potatoes) was awaiting.... no syns on choc for me last night :(

I resisted fresh Hot Cross buns from Tesco. OH, DS and I popped in there after being to the beach for a walk nd they bought a pack of 9 buns to have whilst dinner was cooking.
I nearly got attacked by one of the buns while I was buttering them but resisted and was saved by a piece of scan bran cake (which is my saviour on many such occasions).
There are 6 buns left in the cupboard now but they aren't as tempting unless completely fresh, unless you toast them of course and have them with melting butter.................................

Yesterday I resisted:

• The crispy skin on the roast chicken we had for dinner.
  • Toast at lunchtime when I was making some for my husband.
  • Bacon fat - I cut the fat off my bacon before I cooked it instead of making it all crispy and yummy.
I'm still really proud of myself for all three!

Ah you make me feel bad, Sunday is my exercise day, but im still feeling a bit poorley and i did not go, i feel so lazy. i could have done really..

hellie dont you turn this into your confession thread :p keep your chocolatly thoughts to yourself!!! xxx

pmsl....sorry St Fern!! My chocolate confessions were all synned and allowed and totally justified though! I won't mention chocolate again on this thread. But I just did! I mean, I won't again...after this ;)

I resisted having couscous on a red day!!! :) Verrry proud and dont feel half as bloated as i have been! Lets try another red today :) x

Yesterday we took my neice out for Sunday Lunch

- I took everyone on a 4 mile hike accross the moors beforehand
- I swapped my yorkshire pudding and roast parsnips for other peoples steamed green beans and carrots
- I gathered every single ounce of strength I had in my mind and body and ordered Jelly and ice cream for dessert instead of spong/treacle/chocolate pudding with cream and custard

VERY proud of myself, and most importantly I really enjoyed my food and felt quite smug when everyone was groaning with belly ache afterwards

CP I like it!! That took sheer guts and determination!! You must be sooo proud of yourself, and the end is nearly in sight for you!! That 7 stone award is very close now!! Go for it!!xxxx

I havent actually resisted anything yet today (I guess it's too early), but when I first started SW I had this great motivation which is still partly there, but has obviously decreased a little.

So while I was 100% motivated, I was resisting things all week and I had the most amazing epiphany..."If I dont eat it...the world doesnt end".

It's amazing how you feel you NEED it so much, when really 30 minutes later you dont want it anymore! I try to think like that when I'm faced with resisting something now! x

i resisted having a big dirty sausage roll in the canteen today!

And i am going to be good and have a salad for lunch - that or a baked potato :)

i resisted the lindt choccies at my friends baby shower!! oohh and the massive chocolate buttons cake! and to my horror my sister in law removed all the fresh strawberries from her cheesecake so i had those!! :p

- Todayi resisted eating all of my friends goodies and chocs she has been given since having her baby boy, and now iv just had a mugshot as iv been unexpectedly out all day and im starvin!now to 40mnins stuck in traffic home to my mixed bean cheesy chilli and rice!! xxx

Back