The 'what i resisted today' Thread.

i dropped a tube of mini eggs on the floor (they are my 'after wi treat' for Thursday) and they spilled all over the place.

I picked them all up and put them away without eating one of them

*polish that halo* :D

Well done, everyone, on resisting all those syn-laden goodies, that we love so much!

I love this thread. It gives us a good excuse to pat ourselves on the back and recognise all those little achievements we make every day.

So far today I have resisted the snack-size Time Out bars that are in my kitchen cupboard. I could have one for just 4 syns, but if I resist, I may have a little gin and slim this evening after the little ones go to bed!

Keep resisting! xx

one bar of time out is 4 syns?! really?! i LOVE them!

I just gave away a marmite bar and some fruit and nuts to another girl here. remove temptation and all that.

i don't even feel the need to syn today, i am SOOOOOO looking forward to eating my steak tonight!!! sad but true!

This morning I resisted the urge to spend an extra half hour in bed - instead, I got up and went swimming before work. It's something I do a couple of times a week but really didn't want to get up today - but I did!

wow well done, i can never do that!

I forgot to mention that yesterday morning a colleague got me a fresh cream cake with fresh fruit on top from the bakery and I politely declined. *halo*

i resisted buying a chai tea latte at starbucks instead came out with an americano, white with no sugar

and as i type i am resisting the urge to eat my sons chocolate cake!

i handled this craving with overdose of free food and HEXa&b

i'm now too stuffed to want that chocolate cake!! mwaahahahaaa!!

I resisted birthday cake and pizza today at work! I took my own tuna mixed with pasta in whilst my olther colleagues ate the birthday pizza and cake.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: i gave in to the chocolate cake!!! i had a bite and then told my son to finish it so i couldnt have anymore!!:cry::cry::cry::cry::break_diet:

i think we should all get halo awards - :D xxx

from where we used to be and our old habits, to where we all are now its brilliant to see how much we have moved on in our lives!

we have challenges to face everyday, in many ways, and we get through them! well done gang !!!! xxx

i think we should all get halo awards - :D xxx

from where we used to be and our old habits, to where we all are now its brilliant to see how much we have moved on in our lives!

we have challenges to face everyday, in many ways, and we get through them! well done gang !!!! xxx

do i still qualify? me want halo toooo!:(:( i would have polished off the whole damn cake if i hadnt have resisted

Daughter has just come home with a bag of mini eggs and wafted them under my nose....i said no :D

I watched a documentary about chocolate making this evening and I suddenly had a choccie moment!! A packet of Minieggs were winking at me, as was a box of belgian chocolates, but I opted for an Options Caribbean Coconut hot choc instead (1 1/2 syns) and it gave me the choccie hit I was after!! I'm so glad I didn't give in as I'm saving syns for my Birthday celebrations at the weekend and really want to get 2lb off by next week to get my 2 1/2 stone shiny green sticky!!X

They make really lovely lovely pies here in Australia .... I really really wanted one this morning! They weren't just talking to me, they were singing to me! Calling out my name.... but I walked on by, wiping a tear from my eye as I went!

I've got to walk past them again in a few minutes - oh woe! :cry:

Yesterday I resisted mushroom soup... okay, that doesn't sound like a big deal but let me explain.

The canteen at work does a mushroom soup every... probably 3 months! It's the nicest soup I've EVER had, I'm not the first to say this I hasten to add. I have had day dreams about this soup. It's just basically blitzed up mushrooms - it looks horrid - like grey porridge but seriously... DROOL.

Anyway, I asked the chef yesterday if it had any dairy in it - I thought, well if it didn't then it would be okay and I'll put some random syns on my diary to cover it - but he said it had dairy in it so to be safe I walked away... to me, that's a bigger achievement than the cream cake!

Well done guys!

I was really pleased with myself yesterday, as you all know i have a problem with my biscuit tin, however, usual the problem night is tuesday, and i did So well, i never touched one. Yday was weigh in day and usually i have a day off completly but its gotten completly out of hand, so as a few of you suggested in one of my previous posts, i got yday, ate my fruit and alpens, then had a hot choc with squirty cream (1.5syns) and picked out 2 cookies and a choc digestive. I counted 3.5 per cookie and 4.5 for digestive. I COUNTED THEM :D first acheivement of the day, i then took my mugshot and fruit for lunch, and instead of a takeaway after Wi i made kfc chicken (which was AMAZING 2.5 syns for 5 'strips' and loads of wedges and 1 syn for the bbq sauce. Then i made oreo cheesecake at 8.5syns.

So, although what im about to tell you ruins this, so far, i was so chuffed.. because its been so long since iv had control like that on a wednesday, and im so inspired to keep it up. Feeling in control is so much of a better feeling than the weekly binge, and it doesnt cost me any syns LOL

Anywho, now, what happened was.. tuesday night, i fell down the stairs, it hurt and yes i proberly did sprain my right ankle and left wrist slightly, but it was major bad, so i got on with it, drove to work and back, ran around with the kids, just got on with.. BUT then it got to 10pm last night, and i ended up having to go to A&E it got to the point i couldnt even hobble on it, even doing nothing at all was so unbearable painful and it had doubled in size. SO after 4hours and a very grumpy OH who had to be up at 6am this morn, its just a sprain, but quite a bad one, and i cant drive etc or do anything.. now i should have just gone to bed at 1am when we got in, but my god, whatever they gave me for the pain (i was slightly drowsy after) made me so hungry.

BUT the biscuits i did eat, despite coming to 20 syns (i know i know) i did count. I did loose my will power, i could have just gone to bed or chosen somthing better but i was weak, and i was feeling sorry for myself.. BUT i did this, rather than eating the giant bag of peanut M&M's my OH got me out of the vending machine because he knows i love them so much. SO.. a bad day, but a very good one too.

So iv counted it 44 syns in whole. And il be having 50 the rest of the week.

x

I watched a documentary about chocolate making this evening and I suddenly had a choccie moment!! A packet of Minieggs were winking at me, as was a box of belgian chocolates, but I opted for an Options Caribbean Coconut hot choc instead (1 1/2 syns) and it gave me the choccie hit I was after!! I'm so glad I didn't give in as I'm saving syns for my Birthday celebrations at the weekend and really want to get 2lb off by next week to get my 2 1/2 stone shiny green sticky!!X

I watched that as well, did make me drool a bit. So I had two Belgian chocs (3.5 syns each).

I gave away the rest of my mother's day cake to to kids in their lunchboxes this morning. I have only had a tiny slice out of it, they have had the rest.

I can see a wee shine on my halo. lol.

Back