The "whatever" Exercise Challenge

Failed to get out yesterday as I ended up working til 10.30pm having left house at 7.30am! I walked up and down stairs 5 times before bed. Will do extra today
That's the right attitude. If we can't manage what we have said we should aim to do SOMETHING! I'm hoping my hoop will show today and that the bruise will magically dissipate!

I crashed and burned after a shower yesterday :-( but I must have gone up and down my stairs a squillion times with armfuls of stuff (and I live in a three storey house) so I'm going to count that rather than say I didn't do anything.
For me it's easy to think I didn't do anything if it isn't measured, which is a bit daft really as I am reasonably active on days I'm not writing. Thinking about ordering a fitbit type gadget so even on my non-structured exercise days I have an idea of what I'm doing..

@RosiePops Just buy a cheap pedometer so you can track steps.miles and calories burnt.
I did get a pedometer for Christmas but I always forget to clip it on in the morning and sometimes it looks weird under clothes/don't have anything to clip it to! I was thinking a bracelet type one I could pop on first thing (and ideally waterproof) would be a good bet?!

May I join? I have a hula hoop. I will get it out. Not sure if I can do 20 minutes as I spend most of my time picking it up off the floor!

Of course!!

That's the right attitude. If we can't manage what we have said we should aim to do SOMETHING! I'm hoping my hoop will show today and that the bruise will magically dissipate!
That bruise was pretty impressive! I'm so stressed after just two days back at work ... Making myself go to the local gym will help , I just need toget over the fat girl complex!

Failed to get out yesterday as I ended up working til 10.30pm having left house at 7.30am! I walked up and down stairs 5 times before bed. Will do extra today

Awesome save way to go x

I did all the arm stuff and squats again yesterday. My arms ache now. I'm such a wimp.

You did it.... you get the no wimp award x

I crashed and burned after a shower yesterday :-( but I must have gone up and down my stairs a squillion times with armfuls of stuff (and I live in a three storey house) so I'm going to count that rather than say I didn't do anything.
For me it's easy to think I didn't do anything if it isn't measured, which is a bit daft really as I am reasonably active on days I'm not writing. Thinking about ordering a fitbit type gadget so even on my non-structured exercise days I have an idea of what I'm doing..

Movement it movement sweetie x

May I join? I have a hula hoop. I will get it out. Not sure if I can do 20 minutes as I spend most of my time picking it up off the floor!

Yay.... come and play x

Can I join please?
I pledge to do either 20 mins walk a day or 20 mins on my Pilates reformer.
Back on the wagon today after 4 days off plan .

Nothing like a good old challenge for getting back on plan x

That bruise was pretty impressive! I'm so stressed after just two days back at work ... Making myself go to the local gym will help , I just need toget over the fat girl complex!

Hey beautiful... go show 'em what an awesome woman can do x

Can I join please?
I pledge to do either 20 mins walk a day or 20 mins on my Pilates reformer.
Back on the wagon today after 4 days off plan .

I'm loving the fact that there are so many of us now! :)

Look what I've got!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 10
That IS a jazzy hula hoop!
I've got a Samsung galaxy. It's fairly old now but from what I've read has a new enough android system to be compatible with most of the bracelets- they seem to specify 4.3 or higher and mine is 4.4.2?!
I've had a look on amazon but reviews seems to be hit and miss for the ones in my price range. It's my birthday on Sun so if I'm lucky enough to get some spends I might be able to up the budget!

I like this group as we are all doing what anybody shape or size can do. We aren't spending hours in a gym on machines. We are doing things which can be done in the house by anyone. :)

I totally agree. It's a common goal but many different methods :)

That IS a jazzy hula hoop!
I've got a Samsung galaxy. It's fairly old now but from what I've read has a new enough android system to be compatible with most of the bracelets- they seem to specify 4.3 or higher and mine is 4.4.2?!
I've had a look on amazon but reviews seems to be hit and miss for the ones in my price range. It's my birthday on Sun so if I'm lucky enough to get some spends I might be able to up the budget!

Okie dokie i asked because I only recently discovered that iPhones have a built in pedometer in the health section. I thought if you had one then you wouldn't need anything else because it logs it all for you. In fact my fitness pal has the option to log my steps from my watch or my phone so it's pretty accurate. Maybe the galaxy had something similar?

I have used a Fitbit before and they are pretty good. I had a basic bracelet type one. Apparently the jawbone is good too, I've seen them in tk maxx recently. There are soooo many to choose from now and lots are really reasonably priced :)

Last edited:
Ooh what's your MFP username? I'm cosham572 if you want to be MFP buds :)

Back