Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I park in a city centre car park nearby, i get a good monthly rate

Your meals sound really yummy tipp! Have a good day x

Well lunch had a number of disasters.
I made thai green veg curry with konjac noodles and froze it. Forgot to take it out of the freezer so left it on window in work canteen to defrost. At lunchtime it was gone, someone had put it in the bin. It was in a well protected lunchbox so fished it out, washed it and plonked i microwave. Well i dont know if it was the freezer or microwave but the noodles didnt survive and shrivellef snd tasted like boiled plastic. I ate the veg and had a pack of lentil crisps.
Tea break now and just had a choc kimberley biscuit. I thought i had a nakd bar but didnt. But i did avoid the hersheys bars, the kitkats and the Baileys cheesecake.

Oh I can't believe someone threw it out

When I do them the konjac noodles always taste a bit rubbery, I need to really cover them with the sauce.

A massive well done for avoiding all the choccy stuff!

Morning, it was an exhsusting day yesterday and i dont feel rested at all now. Had 2 fishfingers, a kale and quino burger, a handful of chips and some mayo for dinner. I really wanted something chocolaty then and raided daughters press but she had nothing. So sent emergency text to son, but he never came home. I poured out a large glass of wine and fell asleep drinking it. Then went to bed and couldnt sleep. Im very dizzy now and would love to stay at home but cant.
Having porridge smoothie and put some cashews in it. Ive been getting hungry earier at work and remembered if i put nuts in it fills me for longer. I wont get a break until after 11 today so hope it keeps me going. With the new job time start and travel my brrakfast is up to 2 hours earlier.
I have pea and spinach soup, rye crackers and vegan sausage stew with rice packed.

Im a bit run down, well i hope thats what it is. Im actually freezing and sweating at the same time and been like that most of the night. I was so tired yestetday that i had no walk after work. And cos ive no car park walk i had no movement at all. Ive put my runners on today and will try to even walk out to the shops at lunchtime.

Oh dear Tipp, it does sound like you are coming down with something - do you have turmeric tablets? I find they are great for building up your immune system.

Hope you feel better today x.

Having tea break now which is pea and spinach soup and some rye crackers.

Sorry you’re not feeling great tipp. I hope you’re not coming down with something. Take care x

Sorry you are not feeling 100% tipp, well done on the walking you have managed this week and food sounds nice. Nearly the weekend again :)

Morning all, i am so tired and only out of bed. No cough or cold or anything but reckon i am run down. Travelling just has me exhausted. Every evening last week i think i just collapsed in a heap after work. Rating anything and everything and have had no exercise at all. Spent most of the weekend in Dublin with Mam.
Did get to go out with old work friends last night. A few of us are all through to the next round of another job and comparing interview notes. The prospects in it arent as good as my current job but it is local so will give me back 2 hours every day.
I know i shouldbe focussing on what i eat and getting some exercise but right now just trying to manage each days work and sleep.

Job closer to home and less travelling sounds good, as Susie said roll on the holiday! Sounds like you really need it.

So you havent seen me much lately. The after effect of my uncles death kind of has a ripple effect. Mam is still in hospital but had a relapse with the news, was due to come home but postponed a few weeks, shes in 7 weeks now. Anyway with the stress probably of Mam Dad had another stoke this weekend. Spent the weekend in A&E and finally got him admitted, he is now in same high dependency ward as Mam.
What a weekend, and tomorrow darling husband has an MRI of his heart.
So, im exhausted, im emotional, im confused and just about ticking over at work. My legs are swollen from lack of walking and too much driving. My chest is tight, id say as much from stress as being unfit.
I did get out for a slow walk last night and brought husband. And i slept properly. Im a bit late to be setting off but having breakfast smoothie and have spinach soup made for lunch and some veggie meatballs with chilli beans and rice.
I do need to do some shopping but dont think it will be this evening, i need to put in a long day at work today.
Talk again.

Oh gosh tipp, I am so sorry to hear that your Dad has had a stroke, especially on top of everything that is going on. I can't imagine how stressful it must be to have both parents in hospital at the same time. I hope everything goes well for DH MRI tomorrow, be kind to yourself - you have so much going on at the moment. This difficult time shall pass and there will be plenty of time for dieting.

Wishing both your Mam and Dad a quick recovery and hopefully they will both be out of hospital soon.

X

Oh Tipp love, I am so very sorry to hear about all the stuff going on - it is one thing after another!

Of course you're exhausted! My coping mechanism remedy would be to drink lots of red wine - but that might not be the best thing at the moment. Who knows, I know after all that I'd certainly be reaching for the bottle(s).

Big hugs love, we're here if you want to vent/shout/scream/whatever, ok? xxxxxx

Thanks, with the nice weather its been white wine not red.🙄
So am looking at options for parents and yesterday took the drastic step to contact HR and see if i qualify for carers leave. To see if my job can be held for 6 months and i could move to Dublin and look after Mam and Dad. You need 12 months service for this and im only in week 7 but hoping they might count my 9 months temp. Havent spoken to darling husband yet and of course it all depends on his mri results, just looking at options for now.

This week has been long days at work and im over my monthly hours now. So entitled to a short day today but still need to get the work done, and im on my own in my section. So hoping for extreme weather as that will keep customers at home.

Food and weight wise, well i havent weighed in but know im way up. Even my fat girl trousers are tight. Very unfit, the two flights of stairs to the canteen are about 3 steps too much and getting out of breath. Ankles are all swollen and chest not the best. A good few days of walking and swimming would help this along with eating well but it just doesnt seem to be in me right now.

Another weekend driving to Dublin and eating on ths go. I have spinach and pea soup for teabreak today and veg sushi for lunch but hope to get out for a walk too. And stay away from bad fast food lunch choices.

Oh tipp, you’ve got so many things happening and lots of stressful situations at the same time. You are doing so much and really being there for your family. I hope you get the news you want from work and your husband is ok.

Take care lovely x

Back