Tipperary wobbles into 2024

It seems it was the batteries so will weigh in tomorrow.
Just made some more soup, a sort of "Aloo Gobi" soup, chunky curried cauliflower and potato and will have it with a wholewheat pitta and some pureed butter beans.
Back from Woodies DIY store, I had €40 of vouchers. I was going to get all plants but then needed the batteries and remembered our stick blender had died so got a new one.
Still got some plants for window boxes (sort off) and will plant them up tomorrow.

Just consulted Paul Hollywood and will make my own Pitta's tomorrow.

Weight 74.7kg
BMI 32.76

Not as bad as i thought, 300g up on about 2 weeks ago. But still much higher than what my plan was to be. I feel a bit more positive now but will be doing day to day. No very strict rules other than trying to seriously cut out sugar and get exercise at least 5 times a week.
I'm hoping if I'm in a positive frame of mind that I will go swimming tomorrow and would like to get my bike serviced too though the roads are a bit slippy for cycling.

Just under half pound, 500 g would be 1.1lbs.

Just in from a walk, another 6km at a nice pace of 5.6km an hour.
Pitta dough is rising

Just been catching up on the last few weeks. Your life is always very eventful!

300 up is nothing and will be gone in no time and sounds like you are doing lots of walking at the mo which will keep you on the straight and narrow.

Thanks all, those Pitta's where amazing...too amazing and are all gone.
I had a great lunch, very deli style but every bit of it homemade, sugar free and vegan
Aloo Ghobi soup
Homemade pitta
Aubergine dip
Broad bean and tomato dip
And a banana and oat cookie

I adapted Paul Hollywood's recipe
150g strong white flour
100g strong brown flour
2tsps olive oil
1/2tsp salt
7g (or one sachet) yeast
1tsp poppy seeds
2tsp seasame seeds
And I think 160ml tepid water

Knead in mixer for 10 mins the cover and leave to rise (it did this in the hour I walked)
Knock back and cut into 6 to 8 pieces and roll into a ball.
With a rolling pin roll into oval.shapes rolling from centre out.

He baked his on a stone in the oven and I planned on putting our flat grill pan in the oven but it wouldn't fit. So I heated the grill pan really hot on the gas and covered it with a frying pan to bake.
Through some flour onto the grill pan on flop a pitta on, cover and cook about 60 seconds, flip and do the same...and thats it.
I.found the ones I cooked immediately didn't puff up as much, lovely but not pocket like.
The others I rolled and layered with baking patchment, put into a freezer bag and left in the fridge. Then as I wanted one through the day I just took it out and cooked. Even though they were layered and in the fridge they still rose a bit and puffed up nicely.

Exhausted...but reckon enough food cooked for a week. Husband had a colleague calling and I decided to make lunch for them. Made carrot, tomato and ginger soup. Wanted to make aubergine puree but felt wasteful turning the oven on just for that so put dinner in too...roast lemon chicken, baked butternut squash and boulanger potatoes... Similar to gratin potatoes but using stock instead of cream. And I added some parsnip to the potato layers.

Lunch all ready, the soup, some fresh Pitta's, aubergine dip, potato salad, carrot and beetroot salad, butter bean puree, hard boiled eggs and some parma ham.
And then they both had to rush off...so enough for a few days lunch now.

Wow you have been busy! The soup sounds lovely, I really like that combo.

Must try the boulanger potatoes, how exactly did you do them? You know my cooking is a bit hit and miss if I don't have a recipe to follow :D.

How is your OH feeling now? Sounds like he has more energy?

Thanks, his sleeping and breathing seem to have improved. He is taking work easier than before and getting through it. Still short tempered and blowing up at silly things...yesterday it was lights turned on, but is improving. He finally got an appointment with his consultant for in three weeks time so hopefully will get some answers then.

Boulanger Potatoes
I used very finely sliced potatoes, parsnips and red onions. I had 5 large potatoes, 1 parsnip and 1 red onion.
Layer whatever way you want in an ovenproof dish and then pour over some warm stock, I used veg. You want it to come almost to the top of the veg.
Cover with a lid or foil and bake at 180c for about 40 minutes.

Its nice and luscious but without the fat of milk nor cream or cheese.

Well I still stink and taste of garlic. The mashed butter beans included garlic and oil and tomatoes and was sort of half whizzed in the nutri bullet so it was blended but still had some texture. I found a whole bean in mine yesterday at lunch and as I chewed it I realised nope it was a whole raw clove of garlic. I love garlic so still ate it but it won't go away. That why I had the cacoa and peanut bar immediately after it, and brushed my teeth and chewed lots of gum...and I still taste it.

300g up, 300g down, 300g up.
That has been how it is since Jan 1st...I'm the same weight as I was then...no actual change.
Yesterday I had healthy food but admit I had too much of it. So now that I have meal planning and cooking sorted I need to eat less and exercise more. I always try to start with porridge, eat a big bowl and not be hungry until lunch... But hopefully 1pm rather than 12pm lunch. Eating it now and I'm full so just leaving what's left rather than eat it and will have lunch when I am properly hungry rather than just at a specific time.

Hey Tipp, sounds like you are doing well especially considering recent stresses. I am the same with garlic and absolutely love it but then regret it afterwards when I STINK! Aubergine dip sounds delicious though :)

Morning all, lots of admin type things to do today including a few job applications so the laptop is out instead of the phone. While tidying things up on the laptop (avoiding the job applications) I came across the link for my Blog. Do people still blog or is that too slow now that we have Instagram and Twitter and Whats App. I was reading through it trying to decide whether to continue with it when I came across a few gems including this one you might like to read

http://quirkyapple.blogspot.ie/2012/05/sunday-roast-dinner.html

Its a family roast dinner in our house, you might even get to see one or two family members.

Back