Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Enjoy the walk, its sunny here too but extremely icy so I'm waiting till later...and I have to apply for a job first
It is a fun read and lots of other stuff too. Mary lits of crafty things on it for you and recipes for everyone but not all diet safe.

View media item 4839
Dinner last night, two homemade Pitta's with chicken, avocado, grilled onion and peppers and a drizzle of pistachio oil. I would have preferred the avocado mashed and with some garlic but it was very hard and I couldn't be bothered mashing it.

Exhausted now. Spent from 11am to 4pm filling in job application and a cover letter. Done now but will print and proof read it in the morning before sending. Then I have lots of other jobs to go through. Just got our for a quick 3km walk, pushed for time but as I had been sitting all day I needed to get out. Have to go to town now with daughter before 5:30 and have decided to get the fish and chips I was going to get yesterday but didn't.

Well done on the job apps, they can be really time consuming - so F&C sounds like a great reward to me, for that and all the walking!

Awake now and about to get up.and cook porridge. Need to proof read that application and send it off. Then a short walk and will come back and go through lots of other applications to do. Others are less serious jobs and should be just a CV application. Afraid to look out the window to see how cold it is, it was minus 5 this time yesterday

I think I found your diary :)

I think I found your diary :)

Tipperary is shrinking, its linked in my signature but I think.that's only visible on computer, not on a smartphone

Weight up even more today so not happy.
I have been eating good food (not counting last night) but probably too much. And I've had wine for the past two night too. Just have to get real with myself

Morning all, diet and exercise gone out the window for various reasons but I will get back to it with a vengeance this week.
Caught up with lost of job applications and am now waiting to see if I get any of these:

A training manager in a jobs club (actually 3 separate applications)
A tutor for adults with intellectual disabilities
A baker in an airport
A supervisor in a university canteen
A temporary clerical officer for the tax man (what I did last summer)
A tutor teaching parents about primary schools
A surveyor for economic institute
The last two are temporary and would be great together but unfortunately both have the training the same day

I feel like I have sent in more applications than that but cant remember them.

Ive been seriously addicted to the Olympics the past two weeks and feeling a bit lost today, however I did get about 7 baby cardigans knit while watching them. It gives me an excuse to get out now but wondering if we will get the forecasted extremely cold weather.
Daughter had finally got her official eviction notice so we now have a timeframe to get granny flat ready for her, only 6 weeks. Plumbing still to be done and problem is none of us have the money to do it but will have to do something, She only has a stove in the house currently so said if it does get really cold this week she is coming to stay with us. That means I have lost of cleaning to do today and tomorrow first.

I was asking elsewhere here about Bach flower remedies, does anyone use them. I have Rescue Remedy and also use White Chestnut to help me sleep and stop my brain going in circles. Well I read they can help weight loss and there are mixes available. Then I read that you shouldn't buy a mix but get the separate remedies for each emotional aspect of your condition. It is hard to know about every remedy so I decided to buy a book (I had amazon vouchers). It has just arrived and is driving me mad, it seems to be self published and it full of typing errors. But will read it and see if any of it makes sense to me, anything that will help has to be good.

Going to read it now , I need firstly think of the emotions of why I am over weight and what prevents me losing it and then get remedies to help those emotions.

Morning, woke up before 7am with a super positive attitude. Eating porridge now and I already have washing on. Want to get some dishes sorted and one room cleaned and then head out for a short walk. Made a large pot of green and spearmint tea. I still had one box of the artichoke detox shots left so have taken one and will for 7 days.
Almost finished reading the Bach flower remedies book, some of them definitely ring true with me. Will go back through it later and make a list of the ones I think are suitable.
Caught up with job applications, applying for anything at all. However being fat saved me from applying forva job as a prison officer...I need a BMI of under 30 so "sadly" don't qualify.
Hope you all have a good day and stay warm and safe

Let me know if you come across something to make you sleep all night. I'm desperate to find something so that I can have more than 4 hours.:classic_roll_eyes:

I'm sure with all the jobs you are applying for one will say yes. :classic_smile:

Hi Mary, what causes you not to sleep.do you know. I know for me often my brain won't stop thinking and goes around in circles thinking....for this white chestnut is recommended. But if its worry for others, or worry about yourself or other emotional reasons then different remedies are suggested.
Rescue remedy now have a "Night rescue" which includes white chestnut, its worked for me a few times. But the remedies work on solving the emotional issue which in turn may lead to.physical change. For example two that "may" help with weight loss coyld deal.with lack of willpower and feelings of self disgust. I have a lot more reading to do....but sssh, am considering slipping one or two into husbands herbal tea ;)

I'm the same, always wake up after 3-4 hours, go to the loo, then sometimes have trouble getting back to sleep.

I've tried everything - herbal teas and tablets, Bach, melatonin, lavender sprays, Epsom salts, magnesium...you name it. Nothing I've found will turn my brain off and stop the mad flow of consciousness - last night about 3am I found myself wondering - "Do penguins wear slippers at home?"; "Can I watch the TV programme Daktari online?"; "I must clean the kitchen floor"; "When will my neighbour sort out the plumbing causing a constant leak in my bathroom?"; and so on - completely random things, interspersed with day to day worries :D :D

That's the exact thing that I have found white chestnut to work for, that brain that goes around in circles. But too be honest it doesn't matter how much sleep I've had, once I'm awake that's it I'm awake and not going back to sleep.

I go to bed and fall sleep no problem. But it's staying asleep that I can't do. I wake up about 2.15/30 every night. Saying that I woke up and went downstairs to sleep on couch at 12.40 last night. I've tried every remedy going. The only thing I can put it down to is it started when I had really bad sinusitis 5/6 years ago.I couldn't breath through my nose for a couple of months. I was on antibiotics for weeks to clear it. But since then I get sinusitis every couple of weeks now. I had polyps in my right nostril shaved 18 months ago and could smell again but lost it again. :(

I'm off to see ent again as I think my nose blocking up could be the reason I don't sleep. There also has to be a reason why my nose keeps getting an infection.

Yep, that could be very likely that you wake cos you are not getting enough oxygen. Also apparently all you body organs have different times of the day when they re energise and if you wake in the middle of the night it can be that one organ is low in energy...according toy acupuncturist anyway. I think liver is about 4am but can't be sure, or spleen. Will see if I can find the diagram

Back