Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Absolutely lol - I love mixing with people too but equally love coming home after work, shutting the door and having time to myself (and the cats :)).
Or hound in my case! He's such a joy in my life.

No, it definitely doesn't equal grumpy.
I really need my quiet time.

The best way I can explain the way noise comes across to me is that there is no such thing as background noise. All noises are foreground.
And I also work in an open plan office, with about 40 people. So many conversations, so much computer-related noise, and phones, and equipment buzzing, and...
Fortunately I'm in a corner. However much noise there is, I can bear it better if it's only coming from one direction. But it's still not easy, and I get home and just need silence!

But it doesn't mean I'm grumpy!

I hope you start feeling better soon, Tipp. And that the acupuncture helps.

The best way I can explain the way noise comes across to me is that there is no such thing as background noise. All noises are foreground..
That's EXACTLY it, I'm listening to everything together, made worse by the fact that my section doesn't answer phones, if I was involved in a conversation I wouldn't pay attention to what's around me.

Today's tea is green tea with roasted rice, and yes it tastes of toasted rice, an unusual taste but quite pleasant

Food wise doing okish. Yesterday smoothie for breakfast and then break and lunch was a burger, a sweet potato wrap, some spinach and lettuce, hummous, sweetcorn, grapes, peanuts and an oat bar. Tea was green tea with seaweed. Dinner was chicken burger with more spinach, tomato and some oven chips, along with the rest of the hummous. But then I had a toffee crisp bar.

Having a smoothie now and lunch packed is a cooked chicken burger, sweetcorn and tomato and hummous and peanuts. Also packed are crackers and sweet potato wraps.. I tend to have some at break and some at lunch.

Food sounds lovely tipp, I hope the dizziness has resolved? I also love peace and quiet, there is constant noise where I work so after a long shift literally do not want to talk to anyone or hear anything :classic_roll_eyes:

Food sounds lovely tipp, I hope the dizziness has resolved:

Thanks Clareel, it hasn't. Its hard to do explain, I feel dizzy and very weak, but not a hungry weak. I'm shaky, almost like recovering from flu and with a headache at the front of my head and twitchy eyes. Sorry, not trying to complain here but trying to explain to myself what it is so I can tell acupuncturist on Saturday.

Just on teabreak now and had crackers and hummous and an oat bar.

Tried to go for a walk last night but Oscar wanted to come and brimg the dog. We made about 3 starts- with/ without dog and without/ with buggy. We ended up with Oscar standing in buggy chariot style and Zara pulling it and me trying to keep.control.of everyone...so we didn't get very far.

Just had dinner and feeling a bit better. I went for a quick lap of the car park at lunchtime and it seemed to help a bit. Came home and put dinner in the oven and went for a 3km walk with the dog. Back and had roast potatoes, roast veg and boned and rolled stuffed chicken.... A bargain all prepared and in one tray to roast from shop beside work for €10. 50 minutes in oven and its done. I only had a teeny bit of chicken and have some away for lunch tomorrow

Morning all, havingy breakfast smoothie now and today's tea is a detox mix of mate and green tea with lemon and lemon grass, it tastes great.
Walk yesterday did me good, I thought of going out this morning but the shy is very grey and spitting.

Our sky is sunny again (yea!) after garden enhancing rain yesterday. I'm off to the clinic and for a swim.

On a break.and today's lunchbox is quite good. I have some sliced roastbchicken, some butter bean and tomato puree, fresh spinach leaves, and some cookedspunach and kale. Then I have a box with two types or crackers, brogues, sweet potato wraps and just tend to eat a bit of this with a bit of that and not fussy about which meal is which. Ive no oat bars today, well maybe half one, but I've packed a tub of almond and almond butter for nibble attacks and some peanuts too.

Ah Tipp sorry to hear that :( Hopefully the acupuncturist will be able to really help. I love the quality of the food you can get in supermarkets in Ireland, I always like having a nosey around when I'm there. UK supermarkets just aren't up to scratch, nearly all the food is nice there actually :classic_big_grin:

Your food for lunches always sounds so fresh and healthy - and varied. I need to up my game as have been eating chicken salad for lunch at work for weeks on end.

I hope you have a lovely weekend :)

Nope, they are just wraps made with sweet potato flour instead of wheat flour. I got them in the gluten free aisle of supermarket. They stay soft and fresh longer. So if I want a cold lunch I plonk everything on a cracker and if I want a warm lunch I stick it in a wrap and bung it into the work microwave.

So all my wobbly bits have just been shaken. My vibro plate thingy just arrived and I've been on it for 15 minutes. It just shakes you about and you become very conscious of where your wobbly bits are. Ironically the one bit that it didn't seem to affect were my calves, the bits that cramp.

It's been very interesting reading about noise and how it invades your head..too much noise coming from all different directions and multi conversations added in can reduce me to tears, I get so uptight. I also need to take myself off into silence to recharge.
I'm going to hunt out the sweet potato flour in the supermarket as your wraps sound good..do you just add water? X

Yep, wraps already made. I will hunt them out in a while Tibbs and see if they are suitable for you.

Ok, just weighed in a firstly surprised to find it has been a month since I did and secondly shocked and embarrassed to discover I have put on 2kgs. My weight is now at 78.8kg bringing my BMI to a frightening 34.52. When it goes over 35 my body starts to panic, I really feel the weight. So I need to stop this NOW. Strangely I didn't feel like I had put any on, my trousers are the same so I'm trying to figure out where it has added itself. Definitely on my neck, I feel it when lying down.
I feel Im doing Okay during the week with breakfast and lunches so need to be more mindful about dinners. But my problem is pigging out at the weekends, whatever I do during the week is undone at the weekend.

Ticker and stats updated to reflect my increase:oops:

Back