Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Thanks all, sitting in bed in hotel.having my last glass of wine. Turned out to be a country estate holiday rather than beach but we did get to a beach today and had a good walk...in the rain. Yesterday and today I've walked about 6km. Have eaten well but food is good and homegrown, haven't had a chip at all. Went clay pigeon shooting yesterday and swimming and can feel it in my arms now. Hoping for another swim in the morning beforevwe have to leave. And I was so good the first morning I was here and had brown soda toast, cooked spinach and a poached egg for breakfast. Wasn't so good this morning and had the fry but had a healthy lunch and no dinner so hoping it balances out a bit.

You're being very good about the vibro plate.
Do you think it's working?

I'm wondering what to do to incorporate more exercise without having to go out a lot!

To be honest its hard to know. I got it purely because I am so sedantry at work and was getting cramps in my legs and since I've used it I haven't had cramps. But also sometimes if I move a certain way on in it shakes my head funny and I can believe that is good. It certainly jiggles everything, will need a few weeks before I will see if it is doing any good.

I know what you mean about exercise inside, I have a Wii and could also dance or bounce or stretch with YouTube but now there is so many people living in my house that I never get a room to myself and feel like an idiot when someone walks in on top of me

Last edited:
Heading home later this morning and will stop on the way for lunch. Food has been good but we have only been having two meals a day and a snack. I don't normally eat desserts but have had two this weekend. And I've eaten a lot of cheese and eggs which I haven't been eating at home, and bread.
Had a quick swim this morning and enjoyed it so definitely going to trybto fit swimming back into my mornings at home. Pool isn't far from work.

Sounds like a lovely break tipp - well deserved. Well done on the walking and swimming, food sounds delicious!

Back to.normal and recording food and exercise in my written diary but i ist get around to doing it here too. Used my jiggler last night for 15 mins and again this morning. But haven't weighed in yet this week. Caved last night and had wine and kit kat....wish I had kit kat right now. I might try leaving work a little earlier today and go for a walk. And I want to get swimming bag packed and see can.I fit a trip to the pool in before work.

Used jiggler again and went for a 3km walk pushing a buggy and dragging a dog.

Well done on all the walking, hope your day is going well :)

Are you noticing any difference using the jiggler?

As I said to husband all things being equal..then I would know. I got it to help blood circulation and cramps in my legs....well in that respect it is a success, I don't have cramps and my legs feel fine at work sitting all day. Warning...maybe too much information, the first day I used it I had lots of giant poos :rolleyes: so it certainly jiggled my intestines about. I was reading online about how 15 minutes is the equivalent of 60 min walking and you will feel like you have had a full body workout...well I.didn't. However the past two days I have felt like I've been exercising and I think my butt feels more toned (there is still a lot of it though). I've been doing squats on it so who knows, it could be the jiggler or it could simply be the squats.
My husband used it yesterday, he wants to jiggle his belly away.

oh dear ....now I'm off researching jigglers for when I get settled. What with getting into the idea of an electric bike too ..... and finding out you can walk a parkrun, I am intent on getting fitter when I'm in the urb again. Thanks, Tip!

Don't thank me Ali....it was Susie that got one first and suggested it.
Also noticed I don't have as much trapped wind or indigestion...so that's good too.
Susie....when are you going to stand rather than sit on yours.

The September exercise challenge is no open ( can't add link on phone). All are welcome to join and jiggling can be counted as exercise....my challenge so my rules;)

I've joined your September challenge.
Starting up gradually, but will set myself more in October, and onwards.
Thanks, Tipp.

I watch TV while on it. "Stop, search, seize" in the morning and "Big Bang Theory" in the evening.

OK trying to get back on track and will be updating my food and exercise diary again, you can find it here

https://www.minimins.com/threads/tipperary-is-shrinking.357508/page-22

I like to keep this place for a natter.

So I did 15 mins jiggling at a higher intensity but then I had two sausage rolls for breakfast.
I made some butter bean and spinach puree, it has some garlic in it and about a teaspoon of avocado oil and some water. It has made 8 portions and is in the freezer.
I've also made veg soup, there were some cooked veg left in the fridge and i added onions and a courgette and cooked and blitzed it.

Thanks for checking Tippy ☹️ Wish I could find some without xanthan gum!
Oh my😻 Beautiful photo of your grandsons😘
Enjoy your little hol X

Back