Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I just thought you should know that in France chocolate is a mandatory breakfast food, they put it into every breakfast item.

Because they don't eat anything at all. Well French women do but Parisian women don't.

Iceland has just opened in our town. I like the Indian dishes and the vegetarian ones. I don't like the no bull burgers ( weird texture). What else should I look out for?

Ooo Iceland, don't have one here but loved it when I lived in Liverpool. The ready to roast meat joints are good probably not very healthy though!

Went in to Iceland yesterday, the veg and vegan section not as good as the last one I was in but that might have been to make room for all the xmas stuff. I bought the SW Moroccan meatball meal to try and cant remember what else.
Phone gone funny again and no data on it so not been here regularly.
Ive a really really bad headache since Monday and had to come home from work yesterday as I couldn't see the computer screen properly. Paracetamol and Nurfen have done nothing. I think it might be just a combination of holiday excess/exhaustion/too much screen time. Ive an appointment with acupuncturist on Saturday, Im sure part of it is low liver energy. My neck and shoulders are very tense and pulling and my eyes oversensitive to light. Ill try to get an eye test appointment too but need to wait till I get paid.
Im feeling huge so while not having a strict week am having a prep week as in no snacks and no alcohol and hope to get my headache cleared and then add no sugar next week and hopefully lose most of the animal fats too. Afraid to weigh in right now but will on Saturday morning.
Our household make up has changed and it makes it more difficult to weigh in on the Wii as daughter two is asleep above it and complains when I use it early mornings. Going to try to rearrange some things around the house this Saturday so I can get back to it next week.
Stay safe in this weather, talk again.

Oh hun sorry to hear about your headache, it does sound like you need an eye test.

And boo hiss to daughter 2 complaining about the Wi, you are putting her up so maybe she's the one who needs to compromise? :classic_cool:

Thanks, eye test revealed I have three headaches...I have a migrane, I have stress at the bottom of my neck and I have eye muscle fatigue. I am short sighted and wear glasses but take them off for close work including using the computer. Optician said while this is correct for sight I need to remember I also have astigmatism and when I remove my glasses my eyes are trying to compensate for this and the muscles are pulling and can be causing part of the headache. So ordering new glasses tomorrow (after I get paid). So acupuncture appointment tomorrow and hoping that will sort a bit more. was sating to someone at work yesterday that I don't know whats wrong but I don't feel right. Turned out quite a lot of us are feeling that way...it may be due to a lack of fresh air in the building. Have had no alcohol since last Saturday and am eating OKish, smoothie for breakfast, proper meals and no major snacks. Did have some cake yesterday as I organised a party for someone who was leaving. Drinking lots and lots of water and green tea and using jiggler each morning and most evenings.

Freezer is full. I need to pay for new glasses tomorrow and then anything left from wages will be spent on veggies....if anything at all as glasses are dear. I also need to keep aside money for accupuncture
Have a good Friday and a great weekend all.

Blimey sounds like you do need some decent air flow at work - maybe you could complain as a group?

And how was the acupuncture session, did it help?

Does your building just have an air-condition system? Ours at work is luke that so we're not meant to open any windows. We do though. Can you go out at lunch for 10minutes just to get some air? Xx

Ah tipp sorry you have not been feeling well - sucks that working environment seems to be contributing. Definitely complain if it is affecting a few of you, we spend so much time at work it's not good if it's making you ill. Hope you're feeling better soon :classic_smile:

Morning all, well I hope to be back to you all properly soon. Ive got a new phone, on a new network with a proper data package so should be more online than I have been. But it hasn't been activated yet so hopefully will get it sorted today.
Our building doesn't have air conditioning, so yes heat can be turned on and off and windows can be open. I am in a very large open plan office with about 70 people. But we have a large number of computers, two screens each, phones and spend all day talking so the heat and lack of air does build up. I have been trying to get out but for two weeks now the weather has just been so bad, I cant get soaked at lunchtime and then sit wet and smelly for the afternoon (we have no showers).
Accupuncture did help, my headaches had eased, not totally gone but much improved. But I do need to go back again this Saturday to try to finish the process. New glasses now ordered, Ive gone for occupational lenses rather than varifocals as they need to mainly fix the computer issues.

My body however is going into panic mode, I am assuming BMI has gone over 35, my body always freaks when that happens. Ive just NO exercise at all. I know that in order the three things I need to do are No alchohol MORE exercise EAT less. Ive no weekday alchohol, I did have wine Fri and Sat evening, sometimes it is the only thing that helps me sleep. Acupuncturist says my liver and gall bladder energy is very low and my adrenaline levels too high. My feet and hands are sore and tingling, Chinese medicine says that's liver/gall bladder and perhaps kidney but I know from watching enough medical dramas that it could also be heart, so there is a niggle of concern in the back of my head.
I was using the jiggler each morning but have a funny creeping feeling at the top of my back/bottom of neck which I know I feel more when jiggling so will leave that a few days and see how I feel.
Yesterday I had to go to town after work for glasses and new phone so left car at work and walked, it was a total of 3km, happy with that. But not happy with the fact I could feel the strain on my lungs. Up early this morning and been out already before 7pm. Pitch black and frost out, put on sons high viz work jacket and took and big torch. It was very cold but lovely out. I only walked 2km but it felt a lot easier than yesterdays walk to town. I need to do a short walk every day if only to keep the blood pumping. My ankles are so swollen now.
Plan if weather is dry is to walk to town for lunch, a sandwich or wrap or something.

Hi all..... Im back, and by that i mean ifinally have a proper phone and with proper data packahe so i can once again chat properly. Off to see what you all have been up to

So i went toy GP yesterday to have blood presssure and heart checked and thankfully all is fine. I was getting concerned yesterday at work as my hands and feet were tingling and going numb. He agrees that it may be a total lack of movement and no fresh air. So prescribed walking and fresh air. So two short walks yesterday did help me sleep better.
Food today has started with my usual breakfast smoothie and i have some dhal for lunch with crackers and bean/spinach puree for snacks.

Hi Tipp, glad to hear you have been to the GP and everything medical is okay, well done on getting out for a few walks that is brilliant. I have been really struggling to motivate myself to exercise in this weather but you do feel much better for it once you've been don't you. I hope the new glasses sort the headaches out for you too.

Back