Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Ive just had lots of Pringles while playing a boardgame. Daughter got them out and everyone was munching. I hope the salt doesnt do too much damage.

I love the way you take the bull by the horns at get stuck in when you've decided to call a halt. You are the queen of determination⭐
I love the time of morning when it's dark, quiet and suddenly the birds start tweeting and dawn breaks..i always find it so peaceful.
You've reminded me that I own a Wii 😸 It lives under the tv stand and rarely makes an appearance, I'll get it out soon.
Thanks for putting quantities of your smoothies, good help as new to them. The ones I've been doing say they can stand 24hrs in fridge but they separate and don't look appetising & that's without oats. Buying a whizzer for work is a good idea.
And oh Tippy I forgot your birthday🙀 Happy Birthday🎉 and hope you had a lovely day X

Thanks Tibbs. Ill keep the porridge and flax seed smoothie for breakfast at home, the flaxseed goes very gluggy when left. I would like a spinach apple and ginger one for teabreak at work but yes as youve said they tend to seperate.
Back in from another walk, again watchinga grey dawn and listening to the birds. At only 2km i dont think its burning through the calories but gets the blood pumping and is good for the soul.
So good news, today is Friday and official weigh in day and in two days ive lost 1kg. Its amazing what moving and eating veg can do. I will update ststs and ticker later when i have laptop.

Brilliant Tipp 1kg off already. A 2km walk is great, more than a lot of people do.

Well just getting ready to leave work and ive overtime 4 nights next week mon to thurs. That will affect any evening walks.
Also going out for tapas and wine this evening.... I mean its not a weekday any more.

Pleased to hear about the loss Tippy..good start. Like the sound of the wine and tapas too...my kind of evening😋Enjoy x

Wine and tapas my fave, can't say no to the overtime at this time of the year, just get back walking when you can. Hope you have a good weekend :classic_big_grin:

Oh my goodness i ate so much last night. So i have to say its not tapas, more like lots of generous starters that are asian, greek, french, north african. Everything i ate had cheese, brie, goats cheese, comte and hallumi. They only have fish or vegetarian. We ordered about 8 dishes and i had half of four and i reckon a bottle of wine. We brought some home but i need to avoid them. Going to make some soup now a go out for a walk. At least then i will have soup ready when i get back and wont be tempted hopefully by the rest of last nights dinner.

im raiding the freezer first for he soup as im sure lots of half bags are lurking there.

forgot to say I had one chocolate digestive last night

Just had some soup now, onions carrot celery frozen peas and some rocket as it was left in the fridge and some potato in it too. I use frozen onions as then i dont need to sweat them in oil first.

Back from my second walk today and both were so hard. My ankles and feet are very swollen and getting sore when i walk. I thought the walking would help but seems to be making it worse and i walked very slowly.
I was to get new runners and insoles this week, now im wondering shouldi wait a bit and see if my feet improve a bit.

Oh wow that food sound delish! Sorry you are struggling with pain in your feet and ankles Tipp, can you try and elevate them when you're sitting? That might help to reduce the swelling. Are you drinking plenty of water? I hope you feel better today :classic_smile:

Morning Clareel, are up early or going to bed late???

I put some pain relief gel on them yesterday and magnesium on my calves. Will try a walk again this morning, juts waiting on daylight. Im wondering if its shin splints, but also know a lot is due to lack of activity, that moving will help in the long term but its very difficult. I felt yesterday I had lead weights strapped around my ankles.
So will have to do this the slow way. A combination of low will power, not wanting to be miserable, work hours, lack of daylight and pain means its baby steps for me.
Caved in yesterday and did have the leftover tapas for dinner, so lots of cheese again and had wine with it too and then even some Pringles and one chocolate chip biscuit going to bed. Plan for today is a smoothie for breakfast after I go for a walk. Ive sorted out the freezer and plan on a big Sunday roast dinner for everyone, Im hoping just to stick to veg. I still have red cannage and green cabbage from xmas and we have fresh carrots and frozen green beans. The freezer sort out showed I have lots of vegan sausage and quorn mince and meatballs. Yes, I Know quorn isn't vegan but I wont worry about the small bit of egg white, its not a major amount of animal fat which is what my concern is. I have a few homemade meals still frozen, enough for this week at work and enough veg to always have some soup made.
With the smoothie for breakfast and all the veg for lunch even just the sheer amount of extra fibre is having a positive effect.

Back