This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Made a choc mim for tea, as soon as it came out of the microwave I shoved a square of dark choc into it. I had it with double cream, and the choc in the middle had melted. Yummy!

1/4 cup flax meal
1 egg
Sprinkle baking powder
Liquid sweetener
1 Tbsp cocoa
2 tsp melted butter
Microwaved in a cup for 1 minute.

It's not choccy enough for me really, but will go to Lakeland on tues and get some chocolate extract.

Do you have any better recipe?

Food for the day

B 2 x flax pancakes, cream, sf maple syrup

L chicken breast in mayo, cream and parmesan with broccoli

D mozzarella, basil. Choc mim, double cream.

S bouillon, lime cheesecake mix

Feel like I've eaten too much picky stuff today. The cheesecake stuff was not necessary at all. Too much cream and too much cheese.

Adding choccy extract to anything low carb always helps. For some reason chocolate and artificial sweeteners don't get on without a little extra help. I usually just use the extract now and skip the cocoa.

I'm afraid I'll be terrible over Xmas - planned break but Xmas cake is the one thing I won't be eating. Not a fan

I never used to be a fan, in fact I hated anything with dried fruit in. I must have had a cell regeneration in the past few years because now I really enjoy it. The only worry is that I might have really enjoyed the icing and marzipan! I also love it buttered with strong cheddar.....weirdo!

I'm a lover of Pavlova too, I'm hoping that once I can eat berries again, I'll master the art of making meringues with splenda. I can then make it into Eton mess too.

1/4 cup flax meal
1 egg
Sprinkle baking powder
Liquid sweetener
1 Tbsp cocoa
2 tsp melted butter
Microwaved in a cup for 1 minute.

It's not choccy enough for me really, but will go to Lakeland on tues and get some chocolate extract.

Do you have any better recipe?

I don't know that it's better, but it's slightly different as it substitutes half the flax with ground almonds and includes DaVinci sugar free praline syrup:

(copied and pasted from my thread)

17g flax meal
17g ground almonds
8g cocoa powder
1 tspn granulated sweetener (or sweetening of choice)
half tspn baking powder
pinch of salt
1 large egg, beaten
14g butter (or thereabouts!), melted
2 tspns DaVinci sf praline syrup
Dash of Alpro soya milk, if needed

Just mix up the dry ingredients in a mug, combine the butter with the egg and syrup, then add it to the dry mixture and stir well. The soy milk may or may not be necessary to achieve a soft dropping consistency - if the egg is really large you probably won't need it. Microwave for about 1 minute 20 secs, and you're done!

The syrup helps with the sweetening and I think it adds a nice nuttiness, but there probably wouldn't be any improvement in the chociness for you. Chocolate extract sounds like a good idea (must get some!)

I can't wait for my praline syrup to arrive. Have also been waiting 2 Weeks for my coconut oil. Hurry up one click pharmacy!

Yes, standard reply that it was out of stock. How can that be the case for every order taking so long? No point canceling as reviews say the refund takes forever and has to be chased up. I won't order from them again. Have had to buy small expensive jars from Tesco twice since waiting for this order. Grrrr!

Food so far today

B flax drop scone type things, cream, maple syrup (smidge).

L 8 prawns, mim with lettuce, ham, egg & mayo. Tiny amount of lemon cheesecake mix.

It was much like a pancake stubbsey, but dropped into a smaller thicker round in the omlette pan, if that makes sense?

Just cooking celeriac chips for the first time, am very excited!

Had a lovely walk along the cliffs with the husband and dog this evening. Picked more blackberries and then went to Tesco for the celeriac, which was reduced to 30p. We're having it this evening with pork chops and creamed spinach.

Last edited:
coffeelover said:
Hi Smiley -well done your very focused. Strangely fruit cake and cheddar sounds great will try it. :)

I have heard that the combination in a very kentish thing, but I'm not sure how true that is?

gettingfit said:
I always get mine and other things I use from healthy supplies.Only takes a couple of days to get it and if it's out of stock they will tell you within a day.

I'll try them next time then

gettingfit said:
I see you all eat bark.I have a new recipe book and want to make the Chocolate cherry coconut bark thats in it.:)
Before I do how do you stop yourselves from not eating the whole lot?

Oh my God, that sounds great! What's the recipe? When mine is made and chilled, I stab it with a knife and shatter it. Then I put some in a ramekin and have it with a coffee. I usually manage to just have the one ramekin a day having it like that. I see it as a huge treat, so I'm quite good about it. I know that if it got out of hand I would have to stop having it altogether. I actually prefer it to normal chocolate now!

diembroadhurst said:
I bought Celeriac today as well from Tesco - planning on having mine later in the week though :) Let me know how your's turn out.

Wow! Really, absolutely wow! I par boiled them as chips, put them on a making sheet covered in olive oil, salted them and cooked at 180° for around 40 mins. Utterly lovely. Even better than that, I did creamed spinach cooked with spring onions, butter, cream cheese, double cream, parmesan, garlic granules, nutmeg, salt and pepper. I loved it!

Back