This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Anyone tried the Noom coach app for weight loss? You can log food, it's a pedometer, log exercise etc. Am going to give it a go and see if it's any better than mfp.

Despite walking like John Wayne after 3 days on his horse, I have completed day 3 of the shred. Yes my buttocks, thighs and abs are screaming but it kinda feels goooood!

Have been over to my new work today. The start date is not until 3rd June due to the 6 month embargo debacle. We have negotiated pay, holidays etc. It means I'll need to find something else in between. Have been applying for about 10 a day for the last week, so fingers crossed I'll get a few interviews soon. I want to get my credit card paid off in that time so we can save for a house deposit. Must stay positive, it's actually quite exciting.

That is very exciting hun, I'm sure you'll get something temporary soon and then the time will fly by until June.

And well done on the shred :)

food today totalled 1241 cals 5g carb

B flax pancake, double cream

S nuts

L hard boiled egg, smoked ham, mayo, rocket

D exotic mushrooms medley, garlic, spinach, double cream

S berries & cream

3 litres water, numerous coffees

Morning just catching up on the diaries...love the sound of the mushroom medley, will try that over the weekend.

Mmm nice sounding menu - how do you make your flax pancakes, hun? Last time I tried they were like cardboard :)

I do 2 dessert spoons flax, milled. 1 tsp cream cheese beaten into one egg and sweetener. If it's not loose enough I add a dash of cream. I find the stiffer the mixture the more cardboard like they are. Then fry thinly in butter.

10.01.13. Aunt flo arrived today, so that combined with Atkins flu, and aching limbs meant an enforced 1 day break from shred. It's ok, I've checked with jillian m and apparently that's ok...
Really not feeling hungry today, which is lovely. Having a much happier day today, DH is off so I'm not lonely.

Having read my twins latest post regarding intermittent fasting, I am considering starting this soon too. I also decided today that my 30 day shred schedule will now become 2 days on, 1 off, 2 on, 1 off etc. I feel I need time to recover, and have have been reading jillian Michaels who says it was not designed to be done without a break, but the marketing people wanted it that way.
So, once I'm over the worst of totm I'll start off my fasting on my off day from shred. Eventually I won't need you coincide the days, but in the beginning it would be wise. I will start fasting on Monday.

Walking like John Wayne feels good? You should be a cowboy Smiley! Congrats on the new job, and best of luck finding something to bridge the gap.

Well done on the 'shredding', you are putting us all to shame lol.

Happy New Year to you and yours :)

LadyB xx

Damn, my darling husband has skin cancer. It's ok, they've said he won't die from it, but it's sure given us a kick up the butt.

In other news, day 4 shredded. I'm off to see Les Mis now - yaaaaay!

Good afternoon Smiley, sorry about your hubby, hugs sent :hug99:Enjoy Les Mis xx

Unsurprisingly I feel emotionally drained today, what with the husband and the emotional roller coaster of the film! As well as that I didn't get much sleep last night.

I think I miscalculated my fast day yesterday as my exercise rest day is Sunday next, so that will be my fast day. I've arranged to meet my mum on Monday, subject to change due to the snow forecast....

Food today will be:

B flax pancakes, cream, maple

L pork scratchings

D beef casserole, mashed cauli

Carb 11g cals 1030 may add some berries later

Back