This Little Piggy Goes to Atkins

Good afternoon Smiley. Congrats on exchanging contracts, from the pics you've posted your home looks lovely.

Sorry you've been made redundant and you're suffering with your feelings at the mo. Moving house AND losing your job are both mega stressful. So no wonder your confidence is wavering somewhat. Be kind to yourself as you ride it out. Big virtual hugs sent xx

Awwww,Thanks everyone for your kind words. I've felt much better today. Lots more diy, lots of baking ready for my birthday tomorrow (low carb baked cheesecake and low carb carrotcake), met a friend for coffee at a pub on the beach and just had lovely tea. I had one bp coffee for breakfast today, some rhubarb and cream for lunch and Cauli cheese with Ham for tea. Feel like I've got the Atkins edge thanks to the bp coffees.

Awe Caroline, glad to hear you more upbeat today! The pub coffee by the beach sounds lovely :) plus I love your menu today, I always forget about rhubarb.

Hi all, it's my birthday today
My friends from London came to visit for lunch. We had low carb pizza, then the low carb carrot cake and low carb Strawberry cheesecake. I am stuffed! Not sure what else is planned today, but maybe a film as I got Les Mis dvd and a sound bar for the tv as gifts.

Eeek, so much for the low carb carrot cake - the two tiny slices I've had have floored me! I have zero energy, am tired and have a headache. I am very sensitive to carb, and this has served as a good reminder of how I used to feel BA (before Atkins).

Ahhh Many Happy Returns Smiley xx

Hope you feel better soon :hug99:

Hi busy, it was a gggggreat day thanks. In the evening we popped over to Canterbury quickly (to buy blinds! ), then came home and had cheese and Apple for tea and watched tv. I fell asleep on the sofa by 10.30. Very relaxed.
The sun is shining here, I've watered the plants and put some washing on
About to have my first bp coffee before a bit of work on the house. Have a good day all.

Happy birthday for yesterday Caroline :)

sorry to hear the low carbs kicked you up the butt yesterday, I made something similar and never again....still far too sensitive to be dipping my toes in just yet.

hope you had a super day!

Thanks Lauren:)
Another productive day in the bag. Had one bp coffee for breakfast and not needed anything til now. Dinner is bolognese with courgetti spaghetti and lots of grated Cheddar.
Work wise I've cleared the greenhouse of all the jungle of weeds, and put the staging back together. I'm going to get some grow bags and some little tomato, herb and courgette plants to try in there. Must also replace a missing pane of glass. Dh put up some fab teak wood venetian blinds in our bedroom, they really look good in place of the chintzy curtains
I took off the polystyrene ceiling tiles in the spare room too. It will defo need skimming.
Dh went for his skin cancer follow up today. Still more treatment required unfortunately. Ok, dinner time now. Have a good evening :)

Oh dear, sorry to hear about your dh skin cancer, how awful. I hope the treatments work well.
you had similar din dins to me :) love bologenesey stuff :) I'm jealous of you growing your own. I so need to get on with that, I even thought about buying a cow from the neighbour so I can get my own milk, cream and butter...hmm yeah. I hear the mooing in my garden and think of Atkins. Is that wrong??? ;(

Ha, that's hilarious! I think a cow would be very useful on Atkins.
I don't know how long the growing my own will last, but today I planted tomatoes, courgettes, coriander, basil, baby leaves, rocket and sweet peppers!

Your so good to grow your own - would live to be pro-active like, haven't a clue where to start.

Sounds like you're having a fan time doing up your new place. I lurrrv housey shopping, even more than clothes and shoes!

Glad your winning x.

Yes well Caroline the cows will be on my menu if they don't stop sucking my satellite dish :( I can't afford not to have Internet here since BT take months to come out..useless.

Your growing garden sounds yummy, I really should get cracking...oh and have some chickens too. Do you have room for those? A least they won't be able to reach my dish haha

Morning girls, I would have room for chickens, but my oh is absolutely not keen so it's not even worth asking!

Overnight I did some fruit leather in the oven really low. Ooh it's lovely! Just a pound of strawberries whizzed up with black pepper, poured onto baking paper on a baking tray and cooked really low for 10 hours. Very tasty.

Off to Broadstairs today to see my mum for a few hours whilst the electrician works on the house.
Have a good day.

Hey Smiley. Sorry bout your hubby still needing treatment. Hope you're having a fab day with your mum xx

Thanks Giggles, hubby is fine. He will just have the cancer patch dug out a bit deeper. They do that with skin cancer to stop it recurring in later years. It won't kill him, or spread anywhere else. :eek:

Today I've only needed one bulletproof coffee and half a bag of pork scratchings so far. We took mum to an ice cream parlour where she and dh had ice cream sundaes, I didn't want one cos falling off the wagon really makes me feel rubbish. I had a coffee and a couple of spoons of cream off theirs. I feel good that I stayed on track.
The plan for tonight is mushroom and cheese omelette with salad, and some 'legal' snacks whilst watching Glastonbury on tv.

Back