This week I was proud because...

Dharma

Let's have a nice cheery feelgood thread to close the week!

Post one thing that's made you really proud of YOURSELF this week. Diet or non diet related, just big yourself up!!

I'm really proud of myself for taking my daughter to a kids' party this afternoon, being faced with a HUGE buffet spread of naughty foods like doughnuts, cake, biccies, pasties and pies.... and all I ate was a big handful of carrot sticks, a heaped teaspoon of thousand island dip (2PP!) and some fresh fruit kebabs.

I knew I'd be facing temptation so I had a filling lunch before I went. Normally I'd cave and eat lots of fatty sweet things then feel wretched, so I was very proud of my willpower today!

Congratulations on the willpower Dharma!

I am proud of myself this week (well technically just over a week ago) for defending my work in my annual review meeting at university and being allowed to progress to the final year of my PhD :D

I'm proud because I had a massively heavy week end last week in Italy (had to be treated for indigestion after having the trial for my wedding on Sunday night, 8 courses dinner plus dessert!) AND I STS this week, even with TOTM day 1! Culdn't be happier :)

Dharma, well done for the willpower! xx

Really good thread, well done guys

I'm proud of myself as I have stuck to ww for 38 weeks, booked my numercy exam after 8 weeks of tutoring and impressed my partner as I put a good word in for him at his awards dinner whilst I was sat next to the owner of the big company he works for, my partner got a personal letter thanking him for working hard on a job after I HINTED to the boss my partner worked solo alot and the boss said hope you and cherry enjoyed the dinner weekend ;)

xx

That willpower was rewarded, another 3lb off this week!

This week I'm proud because I'm aiming at using my points towards better healthier more filling foods.

Also, I have been looking into doing a History Degree via the OU!

Also, I have been looking into doing a History Degree via the OU!

OT I know, but well done for your choice. I have graduated last year from the OU with a BA (Hons) English Language and Literature, and I found it a fabulous experience, albeit a bit hard to leave you a social life when combined with full time work. I've done it in 3 years though while working full time! :D Yes, I'm nuts :D

Good luck and I hope your experience will be as enjoyable as mine! I graduated in Paris this September and loved it :)

oh wow, congratulations! I have a feeling that it might take a little longer than 3 years but it means that my bonus from work will be going to a more productive outlet with something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

The only issue at the moment is there's no funding for being a British Citizen over in the Republic of Ireland so I want to make sure I get the full benefit out of doing this.

OT - i am also with the OU, will take me longer than three years as well, but well worth it, am loving the studying! :D

i'm proud because this week, my family had a Chinese and i resisted! and didn't have any :D

oh wow, congratulations! I have a feeling that it might take a little longer than 3 years but it means that my bonus from work will be going to a more productive outlet with something that will stay with me for the rest of my life.

The only issue at the moment is there's no funding for being a British Citizen over in the Republic of Ireland so I want to make sure I get the full benefit out of doing this.

I was lucky because I could take advantage (first time in my life!) of the system: I wasn't earning more than the minimum requirement, so I got grants from the government here in the UK and I have actually been PAID to study for the first 2 years (£255 a year!). The third year I had to pay something, but when I took into account how much I got from the 3 years I studied, in the end of the day it was balanced off. In fact, I finished university and I have *gained* £50!. Of course this doesn't count how much money (hundreds) I spent in train fares to go to London and things like that ;) but you know, it makes me feel that I achieved something!

So well, yes if I had had to pay for the courses in full, I wouldn't have been able to afford to take only 3 years. Besides, in EIRE you pay more for the courses than here in the UK, so I probably would be still saving for it... not even started!

Are you starting in feb?:D

I was proud this week that I opted to walk to and fro the church for the Christening rather than taking the car AND I had heels on!

x

I am also proud because in the past week now, two people at work have said I look like I've lost weight.

I have lost 8lbs, which I don't think is enough on its own to make much of a visible difference - when I did WW the first time it was 2 stone before anyone noticed - but as my jeans are also noticeable looser, I think that all the walking I have been doing is building muscle and toning me up.

OT I'm also a part time student (not with OU though but with my local uni) and it's tough juggling everything.
But I'm happy as I've lost 3lbs this week :)

Back