Those back rolls have got to go.........

Good luck with your maintenance! Remember that you're not alone with it. When I started to maintain I dropped off the forums and so didn't have many people in the same situation to share thoughts and feelings with. You can always post in the refeed/maintenance bit too.

That's a great idea Weasey........ I didn't want to disappear and there just isn't enough info on the afterwards bit......it feels like you have to start a new diet...

Just popping by to day hello. Ill catch ip on your whole diary layer. Be interested to see how you get on with which ever maintenance regime you try :) good luck chick!

Restarted CD 9 Sept 5ft 1"
13st 2 BMI 37.2
Wk1 12st5.5 -10.5 BMI 32.7
Wk2 12st2.5. -3. BMI 32.2

Hello forever

Thanks for popping by......I'm a bit scared to be honest of just piling the weight back on but I'm going to use The Fast Diet to try and maintain....I think that this bit will be the hardest because I have found not thinking about what I'm going to eat very freeing......
How are you getting on ?

Just popping on to say "hello", cakeordeath. I'm v interested to hear all about how you decide to maintain. It's been a couple of years of experimenting for me - some of which worked, but a lot of which didn't, unfortunately! Anyway - I'm really interested to read more about any methods people use that work longer-term. Who wrote the "Fast Diet". Is it intermittent fasting? The 5:2 thing?

Hello Spangly

Yes it is........I'm interested in primal/paleo and have started to look at websites and blogs but in the meantime eating 500 calories twice a week seems less of a challenge in terms of rules and it looks like the rules are a bit complicated for the caveman stuff.
One of the best byproducts of doing a VLCD has been the headspace to think about things and I will be more mindful of creating a lifestyle that props up overeating.......I have realised that I over eat because I don't process emotion..... I won't let myself experience sadness or loss or even happiness so I sedate with eating....it fits in so well with consumerism as we celebrate with food...I had a long conversation with a thin friend who was revolted by the idea that food was comfort and counsel and love and happiness as to her it was just food......stuff to stop feeling hungry ......she enjoys food but only in the moment.......so I need to be more consciously conscious of why I'm eating not necessarily what I'm eating........I'm convinced its not the diet plan that will save me but what I'm thinking before I make the decision to eat.....that sounds pompous I know.......lol...

Not long to go.......9 stone 3 this morning with a hint of scrawny neck going on......I'm trying to order a pair of geek glasses that will no doubt have no irony attached to them and will make me look less hipster and more......geek...... I may Finish the look off with a hairband and look like I've been locked in a cupboard since 1986......! Lol....

Feels really strange to be re entering the world of food eaters........I'm a bit wary of overdoing it ......I'm on day three of refeed........watched the Horizon doc with Michael Moseley last night and am keen to give 5:2 a go next week........need to keep my enthusiasm going.......

I'm fine.......I have got to goal and now need to learn to maintain..... Well done on being 100% for so long......I really think it is the way to do it.....

Yay wow how does it feel to be at goal? Did you do a happy dance?!! :) Keep us posted on your maintenance. Xx

hey Sammy it feels fantastic.....I saw the diet through and I didn't give up....that feels wonderful.....I'm 9 stone....I didn't think I would see that weight again.....I don't need to wake up feeling guilty that I need to do something about my weight.....cos I've done it....!

That's so good. I can't wait to see a 9 something on the scales. Although it's a long way off at the moment!! Mind you it's been 2 years since I was in the 11's so that's pretty nice at the moment!!

Good luck with the maintenance. Don't forget about us ;) Lol xx

Just checking in......after a few weeks on maintenance I'm fluctuating between 9 stone and 9 stone 2....... I use MFP which has given me the alarming calorie allowance of 1200 to maintain..... Lots of fruit, veg and chicken. Not much in the way of carbs so no rice, pasta but I do have cereal every day..........the work starts after the diet.......!

Hi cake or death... I read your diary with interest as we are similar height with similar goal weight. Well done on your lose and maintenance so far! What a fav achievement and I bet you feel great.

I'm six pounds off target and hope to be there by end of November. Currently planning a kind of dukan type plan for maintenance. I've tried calorie counting before but it just doesn't suit me- same with slimming world and weight watchers. I kinda feel that if I'm "allowed" a chocolate bar as long as I'm within my points/syns/calories then I just do it and it sends me in to a spiral. I've learned over the years that low carb is best for me...

How are you finding maintenance? There's so few threads on the last leg of weight loss and the maintenance... I've started a diary for that "the last few pounds to goal and beyond"... Would love you to come over and give me any tips for getting those pesky few pounds off!

Well done again x

Hello

Thank you very much for stopping by and commenting......will nip over to your thread and see how you are doing........I still come on here as I don't feel totally sorted yet although I have been able to maintain for a few weeks post S & S........well done to you for all that you have achieved......

Back