Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Ok, starting a new day and will try to be positive day.
So after breakfast and my walk we went to town. I bought some hippy clothes, a skirt/dress thing in a flowy silky fabric and a sleeveless cotton tunic.
Lunch out was bacon eggs and chips, and i did eat the chips and had some wine.
Dinner in last night was a burger, coleslaw and garlic bread, and more wine.
Overall steps yesterday was 16175 and a total of 10km. Also went swimming, well splashing twice.

Up now and its raining, having mint tea and a cake, yep a little madelaine bun. I dont know why i picked it up to eat but i did.
Husband just back from the airport after dropping daughter 2 there. She is going straight to my house to tell daughter 1 the news. As they have children the same age it will be tough on her.
Going to get dressed and go for a walk then no plans for the day, cant even go to the beach.

Weather changed and its now sunny so i can go to the beach. Just in from a 4km walk along the clifftops and having a proper breakfast now, but its a ham and cheese croissant. The carbmonster is back.

You are doing great with your walks tipp😃

You have so much going on, try not to be hard on yourself about food choices.

Take care hunny x

Thanks Charlotte, well weather changed again and we ended up with stormy winds and overcast. So went and did some supermarket shopping and then a wander to the pub for lunch. I had a chicken burger with gosts cheese and chips. I did have the chips, i didnt have the bun. And then i had a mountain of ice cream, its the first drssert or treat i have had here. A scoop of vanilla, a scoop of stratiacella and a scoop of chocolate. I dont normally like choc ice cream but this was amazing really dark and luscious. We had some wine so when i got back i had a nap. Then a long swim.
Just getting ready to go out fot dinner and im thinking of a pizza. Im just getting fed up of meat.

a ham and cheese croissant .

Mmmmm, my favourite holiday food. Or any other time food :).

A scoop of vanilla, a scoop of stratiacella and a scoop of chocolate.

Oh lush! And pretty much all the food groups covered for the day (apart from fruit and veg :D).

Eat, drink and enjoy yourself Tipp, you deserve it after working so hard, and now coping with this latest news. Life can seem really unfair at times, but I have every faith that the docs will do wonders and the wee one will be fine. My ex sister in law's little girl (it's a bit complex) was diagnosed with leukemia 15 years ago, but like your wee girl, they caught it fast and she's now a completely healthy albeit quite annoying teenager!

Thats good to know Susie thanks.
It seemed so fast, she was sent as a precaution to hospital with a mystery rash and three hours later was in another hospital ready receiving chemo with leukimia and her parents told to pack for 6 months. Its her birthday today, she is 4🎂.
It just seems to be continuing bad news, im ringing dad every day to check he is alive.. He still seems to be having mini strokes and not always aware of them. The public health nurse called and said she cannot believe the hospital allowed my mother home as her mental health issues mean no one can cope with her.

Anyway, the rest of yesterday, dinner was fish and chips and i had a mojito to start and some more wine.
Totsl steps yesterday says 8000 but was easily over 10000 as i forgot phone when we went for shopping and lunch.
Not gone for my walk yet, today will be slighly different as cleaners coming so we have to be out by 10 for 2 hours so taking husband for a walk then

Evening all, so steps ended up bring 8500 but did get a lot more exercise than that.
Made breakfast a bit earlier and had a sausage , boiled egg, coleslaw and a piece of bread. Then a 4km walk with husband which included a scramble iver rocks which he wasnt keen on. Stopped half way at a cafe for water and a fruit juice. Then some swimming and lunch. Gaspacho, ham, cheesr, figs and some bread. Wine, a nap and more swimming. Then what has become the afternoon one hour phonecall to someone at home to get the latest updates on whatever. Lots more swimming and after a nap out again for dinner. Ive found a favourite restaurant, food is good, staff lovely and view amazing. Its on top of a cliff with the sea lit underneath, we can watch the fish swim. Anyway, i had another mojito and tagliatelle carbonarra, not a good choice but a tasty one.

That restaurant location sounds idyllic! I used to love eating at trabocchi restaurants in Abruzzo - old fishing huts (but big) over the sea.

And go the mojitos! xxx

Walk this morning 3km.
Breakfast a sausage, 2 eggs scranblen with tomato ham and cheese in, smashed avocado with garlic and a madelaine cake.
Lunch a burger, gaspacho soup, piece of baguette with olive paste, tomato and cheese.
Did more walking and in the pool twice.
Off out to a night market and then dinner.
Will update total steps later but am wearing sandals and not runners.

11603 steps today

Dinner was tempura asparagus and a goats cheese salad with some garlic bread. The asparagus was so good and largw that i had less than a quarter of the salad. Wine and a glass of cava.
In bed now reading

Because you are sensible Susie and know these foods are not weight loss friendly.
Went to a craft market last night and bought a sort of short silk kimono shirt, i havent even tried it on.
Stomach or more accurately liver and full digestive system at me overnight. I feel bloated and crampy and overfull. Still in bed but will have mint tea with lemon soon and trying to think of something light for brrakfast. Will try to steer clear of alcohol, fats and carbs today. But that doesnt leave me with much does it.

Mint tea should sort you out - maybe it was the oil off the tempura? Affects me that way. Hope you feel better soon.

And TY for saying I'm sensible :D :D - not sure I've ever heard the word and my name in the same sentence before LOLOL.

Mrs sensible, thats you Susie. 😊

Just texted daughter 1 to say i bought grandson 2 some hippy baby clothes. How hippy she asked, well enough to mean his father wouldnt bring him out in them and if me and her where with him he would obviously be my baby not hers👶. She can be so "ordinary" at times that wonder if she is mine🤔.

Anyway sitting in the garden waiting on sunscreen to dry in so i can go for a walk.
Steps yesterday vame in at 9614. I never got a walk on my own as was up late so that was walk to lunch and walk to dinner.
Breakfast was half avocado, hard boiled egg and some cashews.
Lunch was a veggie pizza, now i know thats not carb friendly but it was the most carb friendly one i have had, the base was almost non existant.
Dinner was chicken in pepper sauce with some roast potatoes and veg. Wine with dinner.
No starters, no desserts and no nibbles.
And two lots of swimming, getting that into a rountine now. 10 minutes proper swimming, breast stroke up and back stroke down. Then using a pool noodle unfer my arms jogging for 10 minutes. Then sitting on a pool noodle like a swing and cycling for 10 minutes. So a good bit of exercise and glad finally to be using my arms.
That was yesterday along with what has now become 1 hour of phonecalls home checking on how everyone is.

Back from a walk and having breakfast. Planned on 3km or a little over but stopped at 2.5km as too hot.
Breakfast now of half an avocado mashed with garlic and tomato, some cashews and a hard boiled egg. Bought s box of eggs and when i got them home discovered they where hard boiled eggs, i mean who ever knew you could buy hard boiled eggs😳. So having them for breakfast but it means i need to stay away from eggs then for other meals.

Swim as above, dried and sunbathed and now ive just announced im going to the pub for lunch and to get drunk. Darling husband is just sitting around all day doing nothing, well not even doing nothing but playing on his phone. I walk on my own, i swim on my own. He wont go to the beach "too many people". He wont go snorkelling "water toocold". He didnt want to go out for lunch but i knew if i said i was going out to get drunk that would move him into action
😉

Just back and yes i got drunk. Went to pub, so close i cant believe it, 150 steps so about 100m. Im so used to living in the country where you have to drive everywhere. So had between 2 of us a litre of sangria, a bottle of white wine and a bottle of cava. I had fish and chips and he had hake. I paid but they missed out one of the bottles. I left a large tip but will go back tomorrow and tell them, id feel bad otherwise eating there.
Then came back and jumped into the pool... And get this, shock, horror, too much information 👻🇪🇸... TOPLESS
Yep, ive been having my afternoon swim and private garden sunbathe topless. I have to say husband hasnt been impresed, not by a topless me but by the idea that someone "might" see me. 🤔👀

WOOHOO go topless girl, good on you - and who cares what your OH says, men are so strange about things like that... anyhoo, not his decision :).

You did make me smile about the comment re Daughter 1 being so 'ordinary' - what a harsh indictment :D.

Also mad about the eggs already being hard boiled, never heard of that before - but I guess it does make sense, especially if you're in a tourist area where you might not have the facilities to boil eggs (although a friend did tell me once she boils them in her kettle!).

Back