Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I will not have wine today
I will not have wine today
I WILL NOT have wine today

Someone who was on Minis follows you on Insta and says your gardening work has been amazing!

I really envy people who know what they are doing in the garden, I wouldn't even know where to start.

Maybe when we get back to whatever normal will be, I must check and see if the council or someone offers a beginner's guide to gardening course.

Thanks Susie👍

It really has kept me sane the past few weeks. I always loved my polytunnel but had completly ignored it the past 2 years as had returned to full time work. And it the back of my head was regret and guilt about it. I think the way thinks are right now it gives us all a time to reflect and reset. I enjoy growing food, im not really bothered with decorative gardening. And its not that difficult, start with a window box and a packet of rocket seeds. All of the info you need is on the seed packet.

So as you can see it is silly o clock and im wide awake. In fact the whole household seems to be awake, it must be the full moon.
Day didnt end up as planned. I went for a second walk with husband about 5pm, another 3km. So walked 6km total but both a a leisurely pace. Then i played with Oscar and Theo in the garden, filling in potholes, digging them up again, playing football, chasing cats, having fun. Im still trying to distance from them but we can run around the garden together.
Then i got really tired and really cold at the same time and son had eaten my planned dinner so i went aw f3ck this and had a sausage sandwich and wine. And three choc digestives. So much for day one.
Hopefully day 2 is better. I am offically returning to work today but working from home. I dont know if i even know what to do anymore with all the current changes.
So plan is tea, walk, log in to work with lots of tea, smoothie about 10ish and lunch at 1. Might make some soup. I still have homemade lunches in the freezer that i had ready for work but they are more microwave suitable and we dont have one.
Finish work about 4ish and then check on polytunnel and more playtime with the boys. Then dinner, think i have mince in the freezer

I am up at silly o’clock waiting for it to get a bit lighter so I can go out for my daily walk.
This lockdown I think has thrown a lot of people out of routine and being at home doesn’t help with the ‘diet’.
Hopefully will be back eating healthy meals from tomorrow. No food in fridge and was able to grab a delivery slot which are very rare to get now.
Can’t wait to see pics of your poly tunnel with all the veggie things in.

I was also up at a mad time too - the big moon perhaps?

Hope you get work sorted out ok, I actually really like working from home - not that I'm officially working right now lol.

Will definitely look into growbags and some pots to do container growing. Start small, i think should be my plan - rather than buying loads and it all dies! x

Hi all, well cos i was up a silly o clock i fell back asleep and didnt get up till after 8. So no walk this morning, straight to work. Had about 5 mugs green tea and a blueberry and almond smoothie at 12.30. Soup on for lunch, im so cold. Sitting still is causing it i reckon. Would have been so much better if i had got a walk in

Lunch was spinach soup, rocket, half avocado, 1 cracotte and 3 slices white pudding. Plan was fish fingers but we didnt have any. Back to work now ans having tea and a square of dark chocolate.

LOL i hear you on the sleep, I had a nap after lunch, and felt much better for it too.

The soup sounds lovely. It's impossible to get fresh veg here except in expensive delivery boxes, and i can't cope with queueing for hours for Aldi or Asda.

The spinach came with our much anticipated Tesco delivery 🚚but soon enough it will be our own.
Finished 1st day back at work at 4pm and was freezing. Too early to be keto yet. I think its from sitting at a desk all day after being mildy active lately. I did have the heat on but my back and shoulders and arms were so cold. Went for a walk as soon as work was finished and did a nice 4km, not too rushed.
Dinnee then was dry fried minced beef with onions, sun dried tomatoes and tinned peppers in it flavoured with garam masala. Served in lettuce wraps with and avocado, spinach and yogurt dip. It was lovely and plenty for 2 more lunches. Having some tea now and two choc digestives.

My OH is at home working sat at a desk all day and finds even thou the house is warm he is cold. He has started sitting with a blanket on his legs and finds it helps.
I'm going to start using lettuce for my sandwich instead of bread. Bad habits have got in since lockdown and want to stop them now before they get out of control or takes longer to kick them.

What is white pudding?

😂 I keep forgetting white pudding isnt really a UK thing. Its a breakfast meat, you have black pudding made with blood, so do we but have white pudding too. Scraps of meat and fat and spices and grains i suppose.

Last edited:
Roundup 7th April:

Mini goals achieved
Walk 👍
No wine 👏

Fasting 15 hours
11.30am breakfast smoothie with almonds, blueberries, flaxseed, almond milk, cacoa, ginger, vit b, glucosimine
1.30pm spinach soup, 1 cracottes, 1/2avocado, rocket with olive oil
1 square chocolate
6.30pm dry fried mince in lettuce wraps, greek yogurt/spinach/avocado dip
7pm 2 choc digestives

Herbal tea 6 mugs
Water 1L

So plan for today is mini goals of 4km walk and water of 2L plus. I know 2L of water should ne normal but i tend to fill up a lot on herbal tea.
Walk already done, 4km in 43minutes. Actually walk was 4.17km but 43mins is what the 4km was. Will stick with 4km for the next few days and not necessarily try to get quicker but get easier.
About to start work now. Smoothie made for breakfast later and a pot full of green tea with mint and seaweed.

Morning all, well as usual here it is two steps forward and one back. Wheather was lovely on Wednesday afternoon and the kids came out to play in the garden. Husband fell in the garden and sprained his ankle quite badly. But by 4pm he was managing on crutches and sat watching the kids. Then they decided to have beer(not the kids🍻) So i joined them at 5pm when i had finished work and had wine with them. Didnt go for a walk yesterday then and had quite a lot of work from home to do. I never realised how totally boring my job is without customers screaming abuse at us and colleagues to b1tch with.
Yesterday went much the same as Thursday with dinner and wine in the garden. Im not going to stress about it too much and take the positive of happy time spent with the whole family together.
No work today, 4 days off in a row. Thats actually a longer break than at Xmas. Overtime was suggested and staff were willing to do it but our Minister actually said no, that staff were burnt out and we were to take the break. We have gone through 10months work in 2 weeks.
Ive officially decided to pronounce myself healed today and go out. I still havent had test results back but according to the criteria whether positive or negative i would now be free to leave. Ive some prescriptions to get at the chemist and depending on the queues may try Tesco. The girls didnt manage some of our shopping yesterday and i really need some hair dye, im beginning to look my mothers age never mind mine. Today is also the day i think to tackle my winter legs and get them summer ready. It gets very hot in the tunnel and some afternoons in in short and t shirt would be perfect.
I dont think i will go for a walk this morning, i want my energy for some outdoor gardening, now that husband is injured i need to do it. Think ill have breakfast, wander tbe garden and make a list of whats to be done. Then go to town to chemist and tesco. Come back, throw all clothrs in wash and have a bath and deal with legs and then get started on the garden, thats the plan.
Have a great weekend everyone

LOL we've all got the lockdown look! I have hair dye somewhere in the cottage, but will need to go through a few boxes to find it!

i think that's a really practical approach - just enjoy the time together and enjoy your long weekend x

Morning all, up until yesterday our weather was amazing and then yesterday we had really heavy rain all day. So easter egg hunt had to be indoors. All 9 of us had lunch together and 5 of us curled up on the sofa and watched Frozen. Its so good for us to be able to get clise to the kids again, it really was becoming stressful on them as they just couldnt understand why. I hope though that they understand from tomorrow now though that even though im at home i am working during the day.
I did go out on Friday and went to Tesco and i got the last box of redhair dye. I havent used it yet, will do that hopefully today. Legs done though.
Lots of food, lots of wine and some chocolate yesterday. Today will be similar, maybe not the wine. And then some sense of a routine from tomorrow as back to an almost normal work week.
Seedlings up in the tunnel noq, its just a waiting game. Seedlings sown direct all peeping up now except for the carrots. Seedlings sown in pots up too, even the tomatoes are just coming up. Have to wait a few weeks before they can be planted on. Ive sown double lots of beetroot and spinach, one to be used as baby salad leaves and one to grow on to become mature veg. We will certainly gwt our quota of greens here. Trying to see if i can source some laying hens too, four of them would be perfect to keep us in eggs and perect pets for the kids. A quick tidy of the hen run is needed first.
Picked rhubarb yesterday and made a rhubarb sponge pudding, it went down very well. Ive lots of rhubarb to pick, i might just make tarts or desserts with it and freeze them. No access to jars to make jam.

Hi tipp! Growing your own sounds great! It might take me a while to catch up on here. Hope you’re well x

Great updates and glad to see you are enjoying your long weekend, Still very envious of you growing your own and I have been wandering our garden looking to see what we might be able to do.

I smiled at your mention of hair dye :) My colour is OK at the moment but I was due a hair cut in the first week of lockdown so it's feeling and looking over long now.

Hi all, well lets say shrinking wise we will just draw a line under the bank holiday weekend. And even yesterday where even though i didnt drink and had proper meals i also had chocolate digestives.
It was very frosty in the morning, down to 0 inside the tunnel. Very cold in my office sitting at my desk, even after lunch it got warm outside, the kids were outside in shorts and i was inside in a scarf and thermal socks.
Plan this morning is some tea and a short walk. Its cold out but i dont think as cold as yesterday and a walk first seems to get the blood flowing and keep me a bit warmer. I hadnt walked over the weekend as i was gardening but tried to go out yesterday. I set pedometer app for 3km and barely made 1.5km. My legs felt heavy, hip tight, back sore and lungs seized up. Part of that is due to the gardening work but a good bit means i am heavier and more of me to carry around. Will aim for 2km today.
My cough finally seems to be easing (touch wood 🙏🤔). Its not gone but i no longer have a constant cough but only seem to cough when it is aggravated by something, walking and talking i cant do, normal conversations are still out, eating makes me cough but i think thats cos my throat is so raw that the food scratches it. And lifting makes me cough and lying down isnt so comfortable on my lungs. Whatever illness ive had does seem to have taken its toll on me and may had some longer term effects. But surely thats a sign that i really need to be fitter and healthier to fight these things off.
Going to get dressed and whizz up my smoothie. I got an order from Amazon yesterday which included 10 boxes of Skinny (Konjac) noodles and a box of magnesium supplements. I also got a bluetooth tripod for my phone, i might have a video interview coming up (saving the hairdye until i know😂) and i find the laptop camera angle very unflattering. It also means i may be able to have steady little instagram clips from the tunnel, you might even get to see me (again subject to the hair dye).
Stay safe, have a good day and will talk later.

Back