Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Morning all, its been very quiet here all week...is everyone OK?

Bit of a loss this morning. I started the month at 71.5kg and went up to 72.4kg. This morning I weighed in at 71.7kg so clawed some of it back. 72kg to 75kg is were my weight stays normally so I know getting below that is always going to be difficult. My original target for the end of July was 70kg but if I get to 71kg I will be happy.

I started the month at 71.5kg and went up to 72.4kg. This morning I weighed in at 71.7kg so clawed some of it back. 72kg to 75kg is were my weight stays normally so I know getting below that is always going to be difficult. My original target for the end of July was 70kg but if I get to 71kg I will be happy.

Quoting myself, I wont actually be happy with 71kg but I will be satisfied.
Again, another quiet day here, is everyone off enjoying good weather.

Just in from work and got through a pretty healthy lunchbox today. Thinking of going for a cycle now and trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. Most of the kitchen still out of action, we have a cooker top and oven but no other sockets or prep space so most meals are just out of the freezer and into the oven.

Popped into the GP for blood test results and not great for cholesterol, its at 7.6 which he is not happy with. It was at 7.2 when I started taking medication and down to 5.5 on it. But for some reason I stopped taking it. For 4 months now I have been very careful compared to how I was and it keeps getting higher. I now have very little dietary cholesterol to remove so looks like its back on meds.

Good news is thyroid is totally controlled on smallest dose of meds. And liver, kidney, B12 and sugars all perfectly normal so I am very happy with that. Family history shows a large amount type 2 diabetes and fatty liver disease so I am doing well with them.

Morning....still no one around. Have you all gone to a party without me?
Went for a nice cycle last night, 18km and took it easy and enjoyed it. Our area has lots of small hills so half the time its tough cycling and half freewheeling.
Arranged a weekend away with friends in mid August and I would really love to be below 70kg. I seem to be stuck though and finding it hard to get any further. I really need to increase my swimming to start shifting the weight and tone up but finding time now is very hard with a normal 9 to 5 desk job...how do people do this all their life. ( yep....I will say it....no job will make me happy). Though I have to say I am in a building with 300 people who all seem to very consciously bring a healthy lunch and many pack walking shoes and get out at lunchtime so they obviously see that desk work is not the best for you.
I better go and get dressed.
Talk later....if you are all back that is

How is the job going, are you enjoying it? Apart from the hours, that is :). Is there a pool nearby where you could go at lunch - or start earlier so you can leave early and get a swim in after work?

Really happy to hear your medical went well - and sounds like you can get the cholesterol down with meds over time.

Thanks Susie...I know the cholesterol will drop with the meds but I would rather not take them and find a way to manage it naturally. We really can't identify any dietary culprit for it.

Once our training is finished we can fully use our flexi time so I will fit some swimming in.

Walked to buy lunch today so only about 1 km and that's all I will be doing today. Need to "process" the week I have had, once again while I moan here about work that is the least of my worries.
Off for dinner, talk tomorrow.

Last edited:
Went for a long cycle this morning, ,21.5km. I am enjoying the cycling but too be honest know the swimming is probably doing me more good...its just harder to fit it in and get too
Went shopping and bought crackers and healthy crisps and low fat fruit biscuits and donut peaches for snacks at work. My lunch box had a yougurt, a piece of fruit, a cup a soup, a pack crisps, some dried apricots, crackers, a dip, some raw or salad veg and rice paper rolls . I don't eat all of it each day but it is plenty to keep me going and suit whatever taste I have at the time. I made more rice paper rolls, enough for 2 days. These ones have green salad leaves, an avacado/quark/mint spread, grated carrot, pickled ginger and egg cooked as an omlette and cut into strips. I got "hippy happy" making them and lined them first with mint leaf and some flower petals so when they are rolled up the flowers and leaf show through.

Morning all, well I am hoping the "hippy happy flower rolls" bring a smile to my face at lunch time as the thought of going back into this job is soul destroying. 7 more weeks of 8 hours a day at a screen looking at numbers I don't understand and watching everyone just count the minutes to tea break. I know I complained about the other job but I loved the work I just didn't like the inconsistency and lack of planning (and crap pay). This isn't the sort of job I can leave as it will affect future employment and because I am only temporary I cant change departments so its stick it out. We have training today and tomorrow which should help me know what I am supposed to be doing but then we will be expected to achieve targets and call clients rather than look blankly at a screen.
One day I will find a job that it really me (I have spent 20 years being self employed for a reason...its just right now I have to have a "proper" job as all 3 of us in the house were self employed and it had implications for our mortgage). I would love to have a food truck...my idea of heaven, and travel the country with it but that's not viable currently.
I am bouncing these same 2 kg up and down and up and getting nowhere with it, I know I need to step up the exercise and put the brakes on wine and bad food but finding time and energy is just hard at this time.
I enjoyed the cycle yesterday and am thinking of other routes, everywhere her though has hills. One hill yesterday really got to me, 2km going from about 10m to 138m. It was so slow that my fitness app assumed a few times I had stopped, and some of it has to wind around a bit as its to steep for traffic. Anyway....I made it.

We live by a lake that has a cycle route around it, about 120km. I have a friend who did it a few years ago with her husband and stopped at a B&B overnight, and another who laughed at that as she did it in one afternoon. But I was thinking I could do it in stages over 2 or 3 weekends and get son or husband to collect me....hmmm I will have to think about that.

Hintipp,
Sorry I've not been in here much recently, just catching up and so many congratulations to you - great losses, new job, achieving goals etc!
You're doing so well

Love your pic too, you have amazing hair!! Mine is the exact opposite, really flat and fine, Is love lucious curls like yours :)

71.9 this morning so no change today. I am more than the 71.5kg I started the month at but less than the 72.4kg I jumped up to during the month. I just seem to be bouncing up and down this month. Diet has been a bit hit and miss, trying hard during the week and all over the place at the weekend. I have been trying to bring healthy and nutritious lunches to work but it is having an effect on my digestive system and energy. I need cooked food rather than salads/raw/cold food to keep me "level". I am totally bloated and full of trapped wind.
I had a nice 15km cycle last night staying more level than previously so it felt like I "cycled" more as there was no freewheeling.
My app is telling me that 60 mins cycling is using 380 calories, 60 mins walking is using 300 calories and 60 mins swimming is using 450 calories. So I just have to figure out which is the "best value". It is easier to do 90 minutes cycling than 45 mins swimming but the swimming targets more parts of the body....swimming needs to be planned and travel to and from it add to the time needed.
Lunch is ready for work today, we have a training day so not sure what lunch break we will have. I need to go out at lunch to library and chemist and would like to get something warm to eat, even cooked potato and veg would be good. Then I have a meeting tonight after work so ideally would like to go swimming between work and meeting and hen go home at 9.30pm. It will all depend on how intensive the training is and how tired I am after it.
Honestly, this 9 to 5 is exhausting, trying to fit regular shopping, appointments etc into it is difficult. Even trying to make regular phone calls is difficult, we have no mobile phones and no internet access when in the office....which from an employers point of view I completely agree with but it makes "doing stuff" hard.

Love the sound of the food truck - a good aim for the future!

I completely get you on the dreary desk job, I have had a few of those before I got into PR - but at least it's not for ever, and you can be on a countdown.

Re the wind, I use charcoal tablets - they work miracles.

Difficult when going through up and downs, but stick with it you're doing great, especially all that excercise - amazing!

Thanks, 100g down today so at 71.8kg. Honestly, a 100g everyday would be amazing but the bouncing up and down is driving me mad.
Went for a short swim last night, 20 lengths only as didn't have time but I can feel it in my arms

Our bodies are mad sometimes, with the weight bouncing up and down eh?

Not much you can do about it though, just keep in focus and all that lovely swimming will help no end :).

Morning all, it hasnt been a great week for food or exercise or much else really. We are going through some major financial issues (which is why I need a proper job) and on Wed thought we had a step forward. So I took a break from exercise and diet and had a mini celebratory dinner and wine with darling husband. The Thursday a huge setback so I drowned my sorrows. Friday morning I dusted myself off and we did the rounds of phone calls to solicitors, banks, account etc trying to sort things out. Its like we are in a limbo and can't make decisions or plans until solicitors make decisions and act on them...and the law works so slow.

So then last night I was at a press function (posh shoes and lipstick) and had lots of cocktail sausages and other bad things with wine. I won't be weighing myself today.

A strange weekend, I went to Dublin on Saturday to collect some craft supplies, stopped at a major deli to get sushi to take home and then had great intentions to come straight home. I have run out of SPF moisturiser and decided to stop at the outlet village which had my favourite brand on sale. So 2 hours later I had my moisturiser, a pair of Cath Kidson trousers and a set of Heidi Klum underwear and was munching on a savoury crepe.
My two daughters were attending a local wedding so I stopped off to see them in their glad rags and had a few glasses of white wine when I got home...I mean it was too late to cycle by then. Sunday was a lazy day, meet up with daughter 2 before she headed home, has a late lunch/early dinner out with husband (with three scoops vanilla ice cream, I don't know why) and then called to see grandson before he went to bed.

So now its back to a full week in front of a computer....my eyes are twitching already. And need to see if I can plan good food and fit in some exercise. I know I wont get to the pool until Thursday so a cycle tonight if its dry out.
Have a good day all and may your good Monday intentions follow through and become Fridays weight loss

So sorry to hear about the £ woes, they can really drag you down, so fingers crossed you've found a way forward.

Your weekend sounds great, it's so good for us to just have a relaxing (food/wine wise) day or two - I bet you've lost weight :) xx

Not too bad today, managed to clock up an extra work hour and got through a lot of stuff on my own.
Been for a short cycle, 8.5km...not much but a bit anyway.

Got in a short walk yesterday at lunchtime and a 12km cycle last night. But weighed this morning at 72.3kg which is 0.8kg up on the beginning of the month, I knew I had gone overboard last week and weekend. Annoyed to be over 72kg again, I knew yesterday I looked bigger in the mirror.
All I can do is know I haven't done what I was to do and put the effort in, only I can do this for me.
Had an OK 2 days but had wraps and rolls for work lunches....it will be the same today but will try to finish work a little earlier and get a longer cycle in this evening...if the rain stops.

Still not in a good place. Weight now 72.5 kg. I have had a bad 3 weeks all round. Last week I was just disorganised and tired so didn't have good lunches or exercise. I am feeling more positive this week though. I have a full week of work, no training left, but today is the first day that I know what is expected of me and can work more flexible hours (rather than my trainers hours). I need to clock up some extra hours this week as I need an extra day and a half at the end of August. And also on the positive side our kitchen is now sorted and usable again. I sorted out all the presses and cleaned the fridge. I went shopping and bought good food and healthy nibbles, I have plenty bought for work lunches this week.
I went for a cycle yesterday, 17km. It was obvious when I got on the bike in that I had missed a few days, I was much slower. I stayed on pretty flat ground and just went slowly and let my mind drift away. However 5km from home the heavens opened and I got soaked. It stayed for about 3km and I couldn't even see, there was no point in stopping...and then 1km from home my chain came off, I couldn't get it back on so walked the last bit.
I have good intentions for this week, I would love to be 70kg by 12Aug which will be difficult but will aim for it anyway.

Have a good week all

Back