Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Sounds like a lovely afternoon in the garden. And I hear you on the linen, I love putting fresh crisp white cotton sheets on the bed!

Re your ankles, I had the same issue with them always being swollen until the doc put me on water tablets about six months or so ago, and they have made a huge difference - worth trying, if you haven't been on them before - just resign yourself to going to the loo a lot! :)

Last edited:
I love the beach themed table Tipp, really lovely, and the time sat in the polytunnel sounds lovely too.

My accupuncturist used to fix them for me. I know she said is was either low kidney energy or low liver energy, I can't remember which. Ankles are one and wrists the other I think. You could actually see the difference at the end of the session. With lockdown I can't get to her yet. I will give the weight loss another 5kg and see how they are then.
Was starving this morning so had my lunch at 11am, moroccan meatballs and green beans. Was still hungry now so got food in the hospital canteen. Not a great choice so I've had carrots, green beans and one scoop of mash

I had a cardburys snack bar at 4pm after my supervisor told me he has handed in his notice. I am running out of managers🤣.
Dinner just now was breaded fish, mashed avocado, a slice of ham and a few peanuts. I'm going to go for a walk now.

I had a cardburys snack bar at 4pm after my supervisor told me he has handed in his notice. I am running out of managers🤣.
Dinner just now was breaded fish, mashed avocado, a slice of ham and a few peanuts. I'm going to go for a walk now.

Sneaky weigh in and weight is up, that's what one snack bar and a scoop of mash does for you🙄
Work wise I wonder what the day will have in store for me once news of the resignation gets out. The job isn't great to start with but I'm worn out with all the staff changes. In two weeks we have lost four staff, all management. I spoke to another manager yesterday and her admin is due for promotion soon. If that happens she wants to take me, that would suit me great. A smaller group, my own office and not having to share systems with someone else.
Lunch packed is breaded chicken, half an avocado, a spoonful of coleslaw. I also have some peanuts packed and a brogie in case I get the nibbles. I was very hungry yesterday and ended up having three meals and a snack bar, more than I have been eating.
Did go for a walk last night and had a jiggle this morning.im ashamed to say I haven't used the exercise bike since the first week I got it🙄

Morning Tipperary, I hope that job idea works out for you and things settle down a bit soon.

I'm sure the gain will be gone by tomorrow!

I can't stand exercise bikes. They hurt my backside despite all the extra padding it has. When I was with ex we had a cross trainer but my daughter took it with her when she moved and we had a treadmill but I couldn't get my son off it. He ran on it for hours and hours at a time. I hope the new job works out for you.

Hi all, well I'm really tired after a day at work. Managers resignation is now common knowledge and I've been pulled all over the place with others making plans for his workload. Head was buzzing when I came home so tried to go for a walk, I possibly only went about 1km. My back was sore, well not even sore but feeling locked. My desk and chair are in a really bad position in relation to a filing cabinet that other people need access to about 20 times a day involving me squeezing in my chair under the desk. I will have to talk to someone about it tomorrow, who I don't know with no department manager left. But if it comes to it I will threaten to call in Disability liaison to do an ergonomic audit, that will frighten them as the place is a whole health and safety nightmare so if they move the filing cabinet somewhere else that will suit me fine. I don't want to sound like a whinge but if I can't sit comfortably and without causing physical damage then I'm not sitting there at all. I'm too old for cr@p like that.
Anyway Dinner was a small piece of chicken, 2 sausages, fresh asparagus and greek yogurt with cucumber. I've also had a glass of red wine and a square of dark chocolate while chilling out sitting in the polytunnel
Talk tomorrow

You are quite right they should be taking care of your health at work and it's clearly damaging to your back sitting there at the moment.

Well i ended up having a pity party for myself last night and drank too much wine and had toast and butter. It continued into today because after the wine the carb monster was in me and i was so hungry. Had a sausage sandwich at 8am. Digestives at 11am. Proper lunch of meatballs and green beans at 1pm. Dinner at 7pm was 4 fishcakes and a bowl of peas. Ive also had crisps, multiple chocolate bars and cookies. In bed now but wont sleep with all the sugar thats in me. I just felt miserable coming home yesterday from work. Strangely i was fine today at work, back to my cheery self. And i didnt have any wine this evening, just sipped sparkling water while watching Great British Sewing Bee. There seems to be a few funny characters on it and I'd say it will be interesting watching.

Last edited:
I got a delivery today of clothes i ordered in February. I ordered 2 dresses and a top. It seemed like an American website and looked like a silky material but what arrived was cheap nasty nylon from China. Well the top hasnt been shipped yet, one dress arrived and a jumpsuit. Ive emailed them to say i didnt order it and looking for a refund for the dress i did order and cancelling the top. Im really sorry i got taken in by the photos and paid for cr@p that took so long to arrive. I might try to adapt the dress that did arrive. So instead i went to my favourite website and ordered a much more expensive dress but i know is great quality, will suit me and will last forever, see below
View media item 4918
They also sell home wares including table linens so i had a look but they were way beyond my budget and what i would be willing to pay. BUT they do sell fabric and i bought 3m of the pinky peach one below. I am going to cut and sew and use the centre part as a runner and make 12 napkins, six of each colour out of the side panels.

View media item 4919
I have a delivery arriving from Amazon tomorrow, Rick Steins new hidden France book.and table linens ordered last week. By the time lockdown is lifted and we are finally allowed have people to dine my tables will be amazing. Oh and a little boast, Bugsy Drake the queen of table decorating commented on my table instagram post.
Anyway, i really should try to sleep. I will get back on plan tomorrow but im not stepping on the scales😂
Goodnight

Last edited:
Pink boots back on today, this is the most corporate i get to look, i normally much more hippy and flowey than this.

View media item 4920

I really like that outfit Tipps, and the boots all looks great on you! I love the dress you've ordered and the fabric too.

I'm sorry yesterday was a bad day, hoping today is better for you.

Thanks chilli,I'm all back to my normal self now.

Fabulous outfit, the pink really suits you - and fab acknowledgement re your table setting!

I've been sucked in by those websites, eventually learned to give them a wide berth, because the sizes they claim will fit me, are more likely to fit the cat 😂 😂 😂 .

Back