Tipperary wobbles into 2024

I showed my family the photo, none of them recognised it as me. They said I looked like a very cross head mistress. Told them.about the job and my two sisters almost fell.off their chairs laughing. Especially my youngest sister ( has studied beauty and hairdressing, is teeny and looks very young but always with perfect hair and make up) who asked am I.sure it was me they gave the job to....have they actually seen me, honestly who needs mirrors when they have sisters.

Had a long day yesterday. Took daughter and Oscar to Dublin to see my aunt dad and mam. Oscar got confused cos he thought he was seeing his Nana not his mammy's Nana. Sister two arrived with her toddler, 5 months older than Oscar... Yes my parents have a grand child and a great grand child the same age. Then sister one arrived and later daughter 2 arrived. Left after 7pm and Oscar cried for 2 1/2 hours of the 3 hour journey home. Food not the worst but could have been better. Dad gave us bread rolls with butter, ham, cheese, coleslaw and tomato and I had a nakd bar while everyone had apple pastries. I had nothing until I got home at 10pm and I had chicken sushi, 2 digestive biscuits, pack hunky dory crisps and 3 glasses wine....I'm surprised I didn't have a vineyard of wine after being with my Mam for the day. She can be so frustrating. She hasn't been well at all and has a carer for an hour each morning but she won't actually let the carer do anything. She has been offered a week of respite in a home and won't take it saying she is fine. She can't grasp the fact its to give my dad a break from looking after her. He is going away for a week ( a regular yearly golf trip with his friends, doing it 40 years now) and it means my sister will have to look after her...mam just can't see this and thinks she is fine. Two weeks ago she was in hospital and she was disorientated and incoherent..turns out she was dehydrated and dad seriously got an earful for "allowing" it.
Anyway, lots of paperwork to send in today for job and then out for dinner tonight.
Happy Friday everyone.

I tried to eat that sweet potato curry and managed one spoonful, the sauce as way too spicy for me.. didn't even manage to eat a piece of the sweet potato.. if I ate anymore I was going to combust! you must love your spicy food Tipp x

Yes, it does have three chilli's on it, did you try anything else in the range... I'm sure that is the second one I was disappointed in.

This is closer to the real me, though I hate all photos of me and photo really bad. I've been trying to find a good photo to use as my LinkedIn profile photo...it won't be this one.

View media item 4844

That's a lovely photo - and I have to say I would not have recognised you in the other one, compared to this ("cross head mistress" made me laugh my head off :D).

So sorry to hear about your mam though, many older people just hate change, don't they - hope she takes up the respite home offer, sounds like the best thing for all!

Morning, have you remembered the clocks have changed. Our TV has the correct time now and my car clock is only 12 hours wrong.
Went out for dinner on Friday evening and I was fairly good with food but we both had more wine than we should have. It has been so long since we got out together and had a lift home so neither of us needed to drive.
Did nothing yesterday except lounge on the couch watching season 10 of project runway.

Our TV has the correct time now and my car clock is only 12 hours wrong.

Hahaha yep the same in my house, plus the kitchen clock is now an hour slow - but I can't reach it until I buy a stepladder, so it'll have to stay that way :).

Sounds like a great night - probably just what you both needed!

Just had second breakfast or pre lunch and finished and passed my online security training. Off for a walk with the dog and then need to go to town to buy lip liner and hairspray. Freezing fog has lifted.

Congratulations on finalising the job! That's great news :)

I'm quite lucky with the clocks in my house. Everything is digital and they sort themselves out. My car clock has never been right. For some reason it doesn't keep good time at all. I'll set it right, then in a couple of weeks it will be out by quite a few minutes. I've given up trying to keep it right!

Enjoy your walk! :)

Thanks, back and had a shower and tried to straighten my hair and do my nails. Hopefully they will last until morning

First training day done and I'm home and exhausted. Up at 6am to get ready. 13 of us starting together, 2 young guys, 2 other women about my age and rest all in 20s. And great news I'm not the biggest, that makes me feel.so much better, I know work wise it shouldn't make a difference but in such an image conscious job I feel my size a lot.
Had small bowl porridge at 6 and made a chicken wrap and brought it with me for lunch. Also had a cetal bar and an apple, a lite water and herbal tea. Had veg lasagne at 5 and will need something before I go to bed. And good news, they will let me leave at 3pm tomorrow for my other interview. 3 exams today all passed.
I was too tired to go for a walk when I got back so will have a lot of exercise to catch up on this weekend.

Wowser Tippy congrats on the training and passing your exams! But I know what you mean, it's hard getting back into intensive stuff like that - but you will be fabulous at it!

Hectic three days and not all in a good way. Still doing intensive training but its enjoyable and everyone is lovely. We got a tour of the whole facility and everyone is great and works well as a team.
Interview seemed to go well, they interviewed about 500 people and it will be two weeks before I know how I do. Its impossible to say though and it could be a year before I even get offered anything if at all. Now the bad stuff, when I got home late from interview got a call from husband to day he was at maternity hospital with daughter one who was cramping and bleeding a little. I freaked and wanted to get to her but she was calm and not worried so I just stayed up till 2 am worrying until she got home. They seem to think she's OK but did some tests and will get back to her, im still worried though. Husband was with consultant all day yesterday having biopsies taken and lumps removed, his face today looks like he has been beaten up and has stitches all over it. But the only one to see it today is more medical staff, he is off again to another hospital for an MRI and lots of lung tests to see if there is any improvement so fingers crossed.
And finally I am sitting at home not going to work cis I'm waiting on the GP to open. Does anyone remember exactly this time last year I was in hospital with a skin condition....well its back and I'm hoping catching it quick with anti biotics will prevent another hospital stay. It means missing this mornings session and an exam and I am hoping they will let me make it up...but there is nothing I can do.
I feel if someone told me all this I would assume they where making it up but I wish I was...it really has been a week of it.
Food not terrible but eating randomly at strange times and body clock doesn't know what its doing.
Talk later and if not enjoy the holiday weekend and go easy on the chocolates.

Oh tipp, I am so sorry to hear ye are all going through the mill at the moment. Sending hugs to ye all!

Hope ye all feel better soon xx

All that stress and worry can mess with us.. Im sure the training will let you make up the exam, these things happen.

Hope everything calms down for ye all and you have a lovely weekend xx

All good here this morning, other than.being totally exhausted.
Yes, I have cellulites but antibiotics seem to be working so should be cleared by Tuesday though I have to seriously consider whether I can wear make up every day. Going to see about tinted moisturizer this weekend.
Husband is improving which is great and will be off steroids next week. He needs to stay improved for 6 months for a good outcome.
Daughter 1 feeling better and herself, husband and Oscar finally leaving their house and moving in with us today. Will be a crazy place for a few weeks until granny flat is ready for them. Daughter 2 coming down for weekend to help them.
Off to training today, I'm wrecked and annoyed we ate in today, traditionally it'd a day off here. But then not back until Tuesday.
Porridge cooking, trying to time food and anti biotics a bit hard but is a means to an end
Have a good weekend all.

Glad ye are all on the mend tipp.. sounds like a hectic few days alright. And a hectic time ahead with such a busy house.

Yea it's a funny day alright here now. I'm state employed so I'm off but my husband is in the private sector and it's a normal day for his company... Even the crèche is open for a full day. Times are changing!

Hope you have a lovely day and Easter weekend Tipp xx

Oh sweetie what a worrying time, with all the health scares and people moving in stuff going on.

And that blooming cellulitis is back!! I remember last year well. I wonder if it's triggered by stress? (hope that's not over simplying matters!).

Hope you get a good relax this weekend xx

Wowsers Tippi. I'm just catching up on your diary while i have time. (We are away in our caravan for Easter). Well your life is never boring anyway!

I loved the pics. It's great to see what people look like. I also think it's nice to look different in work mode than at home. Then when you bump into work colleagues they don't recognise you 😂😂. I liked the more natural one best.

In terms of the makeup - what foundation do you use now? I'm a fan of light natural make up so I use Mineral powder foundation. It's feels so light on your face and your skin can breathe through it and it's good for sensitive skin so could be worth a try? . My favourite is this company. Not sure if they deliver to Ireland though, although they do sample pots.
https://sampure.co.uk/face/30-loose-foundation

If they don't deliver to Ireland you could try your local department store for BareMinerals which is nice but a bit pricier.

Could be worth a go?

Back