Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Tell you what Lou - if you took all the recommendations on here I reckon you could be at goal weight next week! Splash down!! :D :eek:

Someone posted about this yesterday, but I've been too busy to write about it and wanted to share:

I have gone from having the same BMI as the average 30-44 year old female from Jamaica to the same BMI as the average 30-44 year old female from Chadd. How is that for perspective?!

BBC News - Where are you on the global fat scale?

Lou won't be far behind me once she's drank her tea, eaten her prunes, drank some more water and taken those tablets!!

Last edited:
Hello all. I had a silly tiff with my bf last night which would normally have me reaching straight for the maltesers......BUT a) I don't have any junk food in the flat and b) I'm tougher than that!! Reached for my trainers this morning and just got back from a half hour run to clear my head! Booooya!!

Morning All - hope you kissed and made up Sparty? On that theme my new bra and knickers burnt a few calories for me last night - if you get what I mean! :D

Always good to find some imaginative way to burn those calories Sue ;)

Rod the Bass said:
another good bit of exercise would be to punch the sh!t out of him next time

Yes well my cunning plan is to pick up some good moves at boxing boot camp and then let him have it ;)

haha

I got to red belt in TaeKwonDo and used to spar with the girls a bit - they can punch, I got tagged a few times and thought, ok then....hmm............

he'd better watch out, lol

I used to do Tai Budo a few years ago and my backfist was famous ;)

backfist, if you hit the target, is a stunner

reverse spinning backfist is nothing short of deadly, which is why its illegal in competions!

sometimes you do, in the heat of it all, forget that.....:D

I have never done any form of martial arts but I did used to watch Kung Fu in the 70s as a kid. I assume this qualifies me to at least a black belt?? :D

My hubby used to be terrible for telling me to get a takeaway cos he wanted one and thought this was the only way to get one, I had a word and he doesn't do it anymore. He does sit and snack constantly in front of me but then he can cos he's not on a diet lol. He does sometimes do this thing of eating whatever it is I've said I fancy in front of me with a smirk on his face so I just don't tell him if I'm fancying something now.

I think you are absolutely right Sue. I read some things and I am completely shocked that a) some people can be so unsupportive or even sabotage their OH, b) some people can be so SELFISH with regard to food shopping and junk lurking in cupboards and c) some people can have such little backbone and use a) and b) as an excuse to deviate from plan!

I am in a good position in my opinion. My bf is not on SW with me but 9 times out of 10 he eats what I eat for dinner and never complains. I try to make sure I do inventive dinners to make it more interesting for him and use a lot of his favourite things (like lamb and duck) where possible in return. When he does fancy a 'fat' day then either I cook his and have something on plan myself (usually an adapted version of his) or he sorts himself out and I do likewise.

We used to sit and snack most evenings on crisps and biscuits and he has even stopped doing that - apart from the occasional weekend night when he fancies a treat. Although now I tend to make us both a low syn SW pudding of fruit, yoghurt and merginues (for the sugar hit). He even helps me WI by reading the scales for me (so I can't cheat and because my eye sight is terrible lol)

I think it's all about having the will power to stick to what you have planned even if your OH isn't - thats what this tread has helped me to do. I am quite stubborn too so that helps :rolleyes: But looking at what I have just written I think I am lucky compared to some people on this forum.

Oh that's a bit rotten of him Lou.

Well I am very lucky and Mr Sue is supportive. Because we don't have snacky stuff (unless its fruit) in the house, as a result of him not picking and eating better in the evenings he has lost over 2 stone himself. He isn't following WW though and can have whatever he feels like during the day but he wouldn't dream of pigging out in front of me. It wouldn't even enter his head to do it. He tends to have a couple of more "treaty" items at the weekend and that's just fine. Normally a bag of cookies or some chocolate oatie flapjack things from Morrisons. And he always lets me have a wee bite so I get the taste hit as well. He's a good-un my hubbie. And he gave me £100 when I lost 5 stone so I could buy some more clothes. :)

Well, I'm in a state of singledom right now (Got charmingly dumped last year...) and I live alone so the only person who is responsible is me!

But it does mean I have to dodge the social minefield of eating out and drinking. Most of my friends are supportive but there's some who I just haven't told because it would just be too much hassle.

My biggest obstacle is actually my family. My Mum is a feeder and despite the fact she has a heart condition and my Dad has Type 2 Diabetes they don't have a clue about food. My Mum can't understand why they aren't losing weight and she seems to think that because she bakes her own cakes that somehow this is better... yeah, it contains less processed crap, but it contain just as many calories!

That's not to say they're not proud of me. They always say how they can tell I've lost a few pounds in my photos and I give them a weekly update on how much I've lost and they're supportive. But I'll be going home for a month in February and as much as I am excited about my Mum's cooking, I am worried about undoing a lot of progress. But I am hoping with exercise, a stiff chat with my Mother and working out my own portion size, I'll be able to eat pretty well.

I suppose I find their attitude to food so baffling- it's like they just have no idea how many calories they are putting in their mouth!

Anyway, that's my mini-rant for the day! Off to cook tea!

Sometimes friends don't realise the harm they are doing. Here is my idea of why they do it;

1. You are on a diet
2. Friend is not on a diet
3. Friend eats a pizza and drinks a few glasses of wine
4. You eat salad and drink one or two gin and slimline tonics (and feel a little woozy due to your tolerance levels being lowered as you hardly drink these days)
5. Friend feels sorry for you not having a 'yummy dinner'
6. Friend tries to get you to share some wine - she thinks you have been good and deserve to let your hair down.
7. Lowered resistance due to G&T allows you to accept this excuse and you drink the wine - after all, you have been really good all week!!
8. One bottle turns into two and a kebab on the way home - but you didn't get chips as well so it's not that bad.
9. You wake up hungover and eat a fry up - you may as well after last nights fail
10. STS or gain on weigh day
11. Repeat until you lose the will to live!

Friends think they are doing you a favour as they feel you are unhappy on the diet! Not true at ALL. you love your diet as its making you super slim!!

Educate your friends bassers - tell them how great it is and hold onto that will of iron!!! Do not let them tempt you - you are the only one to blame if you do!

Back