Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Lou/Sparty/Em - not ignoring you. Tried to answer last night but my internet connection was up and down and driving me potty!

I do the Kettleworx DVDs at home. There is a whole sub forum dedicated to kettlebells in the exercise section and you'll find loads of info in there. There are other DVDs you can do, mostly the Kettlercise ones, however I have both and find Kettleworx suits me better. Briefly, you work your way through 18 sessions, 6 each of Cardio, 6 each of Core and 6 each of Resistance. Each week is numbered so you do wk1 cardio, wk1 core and then wk1 resistance and then move on to week 2. Each main session lasts 20 minutes and also has a warm up and cool down top and tailing it so in all you last about 30 minutes. Doesn't sound like a lot, does it?! Take it from me - its a killer.

All you need are the DVDs, a yoga mat, some longer style wrist sweat bands for comfort so the bell doesn't hurt when resting on the bony side of your wrist and of course your bells. I got a vinyl York set from Argos when I first started - big mistake - don't get vinyl ones as they are too bulky. You need the cast iron ones as these are much more compact and most have a thin protective coloured coating on them which is fine. My first set was a 2.5kg, 3.5kg and 4.5kg. Hardly used them before getting a 5kg from Tesco (tesco ones are really good, cheap and best of all you can have a practice swing when no-one's around in the shop!). I know have a range of bells - 5kg, 15lb (just shy of 7kg), 7.5kg and 10kg and use all of them as you switch around according to the exercise and your own comfort/challenge level.

Its hard work but it has worked wonders for me. Lost over 85cm so far and I have lovely muscles in my arms and shoulders. No bingo wings for moi! :)

Head over to the other forum. There's loads of info in there or google kettleworx uk website or on You tube google Ryan Shanahan (Canadian guy who does kettleworx - he's a little cheesy but very motivational and down to earth).

Hope this helps. Looking forward to more swingers joining the fold! xxx

For me the worst side affects are the fact that I look kind of perpetually pregnant and the hairiness. I am hoping to start Laser Hair Removal in the Autumn, since it's very cheap here. My periods were never super irregular but yeah... one of my motivations is that if I can do what I can to help myself now, then I might save myself a lot of heartache down the line. And there will be no kids soon- I'm 23 and spending the rest of this year DEFINITELY single ;)

I am pleasantly surprised!! Mine was 25.9! (I did it several times, just to check!)

Morning FL - yep the over-active hairs are probably the very worst aspect and the most misunderstood by doctors. I have also considered laser but wanted to see how losing weight would affect it. Well I can say - its made no change whatsoever in that area! Bloody typical. So I may well end up going down the laser route but one step at a time as I have other fish to fry (not in oil obviously :)) at the moment. But it's on my list of things to get round to!

Morning bassers. I'm not overly aching from yesterday (yet) so feeling positive that I will manage my exercise DVD tonight. Going to have either a slimming world fry up or sausage mash and veg for dinner to fill me up.

Are there any people in here doing the couch to 5k? I am thinking of starting to give me regular exercise but thought it might be more fun to do it alongside someone to spur me on (and so that I can spur them on!)

sparty said:
Are there any people in here doing the couch to 5k? I am thinking of starting to give me regular exercise but thought it might be more fun to do it alongside someone to spur me on (and so that I can spur them on!)

I am. Running it on my elluptical at the moment- did Week 7 Run 2 yesterday

Going to start it all over again in a couple of weeks!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

And the result is........... 3.1kgs :(

Lou jinxed it :D

Looks like I'll have to up the exercise levels a bit. That 2 miles has to be every day from now on, no excuses (cont. in TL thread, gulp!)

Sparty, I did start this some time back, but i didn't stick with it :(

I think its really good, and would highly recommend it. I would love to be able to call myself a runner some day. I am sticking with my boxing club for now, but if I were to do any other thing, I would like to do this.

The kettlebells also sound amazing!

Morning FL - yep the over-active hairs are probably the very worst aspect and the most misunderstood by doctors. I have also considered laser but wanted to see how losing weight would affect it. Well I can say - its made no change whatsoever in that area! Bloody typical. So I may well end up going down the laser route but one step at a time as I have other fish to fry (not in oil obviously :)) at the moment. But it's on my list of things to get round to!

Have you ever tried Dianette? My Doctor put me on it last year and it's done wonders for my body hair- much thinner and I don't have to do as much plucking and shaving as I did. :)

Have you ever tried Dianette? My Doctor put me on it last year and it's done wonders for my body hair- much thinner and I don't have to do as much plucking and shaving as I did. :)

Hi - no as I don't want to go onto any tablets. I have heard good reports about it though. Will stick to my trusty shaver!

Hi - no as I don't want to go onto any tablets. I have heard good reports about it though. Will stick to my trusty shaver!

OK, I don't have PCOS, but now I have got to 30, I must say I am noticing my tache more! :( No laughing please!

What would you ladies recommend? The hairs are fine and soft, I don't want them to turn to stubble, but I want to do something! How are the bleaches, veets etc? Or would waxing be the way to go?

lisajade said:
OK, I don't have PCOS, but now I have got to 30, I must say I am noticing my tache more! :( No laughing please!

What would you ladies recommend? The hairs are fine and soft, I don't want them to turn to stubble, but I want to do something! How are the bleaches, veets etc? Or would waxing be the way to go?

Once u start with any ov this it comes back thicker n u hav to keep at it

I used to wax but I found I ended up getting spotty so knocked that on the head - plus it hurt and made me cry! :) I now use one of those really small battery powered trimmers - mine's a No7 one from Boots. I use this every couple of days and pluck out the occasional ones as well. Works for me - but wish I didn't have to do it. Luckily I am fair although some of the hairs are dark.

My mate has used that Jolen bleach stuff as she is dark and the hairs are quite noticeable. She is happy with that. You could also try Veet - but whatever you do, try a patch test first as you don't want to end up with a swollen top lip that's bright red - so not a good look! :D

Thanks Ladies. I will try the bleach first of all over the weekend I think. The hairs are just peach fuzz, but they are definitely getting darker.

Sod Jolen! The best is Boots Own bleaching cream! I use it on neck and it's awesome- if I have some left over I'll sometimes put it on my upper lip and it works perfectly fine. It's the perfect way to deal with the tache. My friend shaves and I can see the stubble sometimes- silly lady!

Sod Jolen! The best is Boots Own bleaching cream! I use it on neck and it's awesome- if I have some left over I'll sometimes put it on my upper lip and it works perfectly fine. It's the perfect way to deal with the tache. My friend shaves and I can see the stubble sometimes- silly lady!

Perfect, I will stop in boots on my way to slimming world :)

Ah, the joys of being a woman. LJ if it is any consolation, I have since about age 29 started growing hairs ON MY CHIN. Like an old granny who stinks of wee and cats.

I have always used Immac (now Veet), it is really simple, just put it on thickly for 3 minutes and scrape off, wash with lukewarm water et viola! It is a misconception that the hairs grow back thicker, they only look thicker if you shave them, because you are looking at the blunt end of the hair, not the wispy thin tip of the hair. However if you are using a hair removal cream, it doesn't chop the hair off, it singes it back chemically (sounds worse than it is) so that when it regrows, it is all wispy - so not thicker at all.

If you wax, you are ripping the hair follicle out entirely. So it takes longer to grow back, which is good, but as Emma says, there is a risk of 'spots' caused by the new hair ingrowing (as it can't break through the skin properly and gets trapped beneath).

God when did I become a hair removal expert? Oh to be a high cheekboned scandinavian blonde...I have a friend who is and has never ever shaved her legs. Oh well...

Tache tips! Thank God Rod ain't here. Can you imagine what tips he'd be giving!!

It is all trial and error though to find what suits. Like I say, it's just a pain in the rear that we have to do it at all!

Bonnie - I don't like your friend! :)

Back