Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Aww thanks Emma :) it was HOT but also very yummy!

Sounds delicious!

Had Mexican for lunch today but avoided too many cals but going for the Veggie option with beans instead. And it was lovely too.

My holiday starts in about 10 minutes- off home for a run and then out to a friend's this evening (I've got the food covered so no worries on that score!)

Tomorrow, I am going to clean my apartment and relax and head for a walk around a nearby Reservoir. I'll think about you lovely people when I'm pounding the pavement in my flipflops! (34c and 82% humidity here today. DYING!)

I had a great day yesterday. When I first met my husband 8 years ago he told me a long list of jobs he wanted to do on his house. The first one was to have a new drive. Over the years we've done quite a few of the jobs (replaced boiler, removed UGLY gas fire, re-carpeted, painted) but yesterday the new drive finally started :) It's going to be double in size so we can park side by side and have access to the garage door, so no need to bring wet dogs through front door after a walk. We're going to hang coats and store walking shoes in garage from now on, making for a much tidier entrance hall :)

Next good news: I took both dogs for a 2 mile run - never done this before and they were great - not too much tangling of leads. I then walked to the gym for my 30 minute workout and bought some fruit and veg on the way home. I pottered around home, took the workmen jugs of water and drank loads of water myself. Had a huge salad for lunch - completely on plan and about 2/3 superfree (OH joined me and thought it was lovely even though there was no meat on the plate!). We then walked up to in-laws with the dogs and I invited 12 year old niece to join me for a LONG walk whilst her dad and OH played golf. She accepted and off we went with the dogs for a 9 mile walk in the sunshine along a canal in the countryside. It was brilliant and niece didn't complain once that we were averaging 3.2 mph! She begged me to take her with us up Snowdon on Saturday, which OH and her dad agreed to.

We had a two hour wait at a pub for the men to finish golf and it was after 5.30pm so we shared some chips and cinder toffee (naughty but nice - only syns of the day - so far!). We got home at about 9pm and OH was starving so we went to the local Indian and (this is the best bit) had some poppadoms and then shared one main and one tarka dahl side. We left there pleasantly satisfied rather than stuffed. It's amazing how much less we both eat now.

Sometimes when friends lay out nibbles or cakes and I partake I feel guilty afterwards, but when I stop and really think about what I've eaten it is no where near what I would have in the past. And even though I think I should have eaten less or nothing at all, I do show some restraint and stop when I am full/satisfied. I weigh in later today, so the scales will tell whether or not I have judged this right! I have done so much exercise in the past few days that I must have worked off the treats along the way *crosses fingers*

Today I shall walk the dogs, then go to Shrewsbury (love it) to pop into work, meet a friend for lunch, do some window shopping, do a supermarket shop and weigh in at my regular group. Coming home to have a late evening BBQ in the garden with OH.

Wishing you all a great day :)

Morning All - Sally that sounds like an action packed day you had there! Worn out just reading about it :)

Up early this morning for me and got my bells done. The sun is actually shining in the Highlands today - the first time in weeks - and the bedroom where I exercise is already stupidly hot so glad I just got them done as it would be too much later. Last day of freedom today before work tomorrow - gonna be busy as my job-share partner is off so packing 5 days work into 3! But it will keep me moving around so lots of exercise!

Had a lovely tea last night of WW crustless quiche (7 points) and a heap of salad followed by strawberries and a little chunk of cheese. Yummy. So tasty and filling and hardly any WW points.

Salad this lunchtime followed by aubergine bake tonight. :)

slimmersally said:
I had a great day yesterday. When I first met my husband 8 years ago he told me a long list of jobs he wanted to do on his house. The first one was to have a new drive. Over the years we've done quite a few of the jobs (replaced boiler, removed UGLY gas fire, re-carpeted, painted) but yesterday the new drive finally started :) It's going to be double in size so we can park side by side and have access to the garage door, so no need to bring wet dogs through front door after a walk. We're going to hang coats and store walking shoes in garage from now on, making for a much tidier entrance hall :)

Next good news: I took both dogs for a 2 mile run - never done this before and they were great - not too much tangling of leads. I then walked to the gym for my 30 minute workout and bought some fruit and veg on the way home. I pottered around home, took the workmen jugs of water and drank loads of water myself. Had a huge salad for lunch - completely on plan and about 2/3 superfree (OH joined me and thought it was lovely even though there was no meat on the plate!). We then walked up to in-laws with the dogs and I invited 12 year old niece to join me for a LONG walk whilst her dad and OH played golf. She accepted and off we went with the dogs for a 9 mile walk in the sunshine along a canal in the countryside. It was brilliant and niece didn't complain once that we were averaging 3.2 mph! She begged me to take her with us up Snowdon on Saturday, which OH and her dad agreed to.

We had a two hour wait at a pub for the men to finish golf and it was after 5.30pm so we shared some chips and cinder toffee (naughty but nice - only syns of the day - so far!). We got home at about 9pm and OH was starving so we went to the local Indian and (this is the best bit) had some poppadoms and then shared one main and one tarka dahl side. We left there pleasantly satisfied rather than stuffed. It's amazing how much less we both eat now.

Sometimes when friends lay out nibbles or cakes and I partake I feel guilty afterwards, but when I stop and really think about what I've eaten it is no where near what I would have in the past. And even though I think I should have eaten less or nothing at all, I do show some restraint and stop when I am full/satisfied. I weigh in later today, so the scales will tell whether or not I have judged this right! I have done so much exercise in the past few days that I must have worked off the treats along the way *crosses fingers*

Today I shall walk the dogs, then go to Shrewsbury (love it) to pop into work, meet a friend for lunch, do some window shopping, do a supermarket shop and weigh in at my regular group. Coming home to have a late evening BBQ in the garden with OH.

Wishing you all a great day :)

You sound so upbeat and it's great. I think it's totally fine to have treats in moderation, it's the getting out of control that's dangerous and lets face it your exercising so much it's of no significance if you had a small amount of nibbles. Look forward to hearing about your weigh in.

I know my scales are dodgy, but yesterday they read 10.13 but on boots 10.12. But today I weigh 10.10 on them. I'm not getting my hopes up but I can't wait for weigh in next Monday now :D

Morning All - Sally that sounds like an action packed day you had there! Worn out just reading about it :)

Up early this morning for me and got my bells done. The sun is actually shining in the Highlands today - the first time in weeks - and the bedroom where I exercise is already stupidly hot so glad I just got them done as it would be too much later. Last day of freedom today before work tomorrow - gonna be busy as my job-share partner is off so packing 5 days work into 3! But it will keep me moving around so lots of exercise!

Had a lovely tea last night of WW crustless quiche (7 points) and a heap of salad followed by strawberries and a little chunk of cheese. Yummy. So tasty and filling and hardly any WW points.

Salad this lunchtime followed by aubergine bake tonight. :)

Oooh, what's in the Aubergine bake? I looooove Aubergine :D

I used to make a lovely Aubergine bake.
aubergines sliced length ways
Onion
Peppers
Tin of chopped tomatoes
Generous amount of garlic
Chillies
Basil

And just layer the veg, tip on the tomatoes then bake. Delicious.

Just like Lou's recipe but I put a little cheese (just a small amount mind) grated on the top. Delish! x

I bought two aubergines yesterday . . . I'm thinking aubergine bake for tomorrow night's tea :)

Lou - I thought you were going to bin those dodgy scales of yours and only weigh in at Boots?

I looked up the syn value of reggae reggae sauce to use as a basis and it said 1 syn per table spoon (how good is that!) So to be safe I synned it as 2 syns. I am now off to buy some reggae reggae sauce lol

conlou1 said:
Sorry top with cheese too

Sounds delicious! :D

I don't like onion but I could totally use courgette too! Definitely will be making it next week!

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

I'm having a BBQ again tonight lol - making the most of this glorious weather. Last night's BBQ was a success. I had jerk chicken with salad and rice and also a little bit of steak with potato's, tomatoes and mushrooms cooked in a frying pan with fry light. My parents came over for a drink after (and met my bf's dad for the first time eeeek!!) I had a glass of wine with them but only one (step-mum finished the rest of the bottle lol). So all in all I only had 8 syns all day.

Today's BBQ will be home made burgers, salad, sausages for bf and some marinated chicken skewers. We have a few friends coming but they are bringing their own non SW stuff. I will get some diet lemonade so I can have a pimms (3 syns) if I want to - but atm I am not planning on drinking.

slimmersally said:
I bought two aubergines yesterday . . . I'm thinking aubergine bake for tomorrow night's tea :)

Lou - I thought you were going to bin those dodgy scales of yours and only weigh in at Boots?

Ooh no I can't bin them they cost £35 and only had them a month. They're just unreliable but couldn't help myself this morning lol. I am only counting my boots weigh ins from now on cos at least I know they're right haha.

Ooh no I can't bin them they cost £35 and only had them a month. They're just unreliable but couldn't help myself this morning lol. I am only counting my boots weigh ins from now on cos at least I know they're right haha.

One of my favourite lines from a movie is - "You're terrible Muriel" from Muriel's Wedding and your post made me think "You're terrible Lou" in a really drawn out Aussie accent with a pronounced inflection at the end!!!

Will Tescos have an unexplained spike in their Aubergine sales this week?! :D

Just back from getting my nails done - Foxy Roxy Shellac if you please - and walked about 1.5 miles in total in gorgeous sunshine. The rare glimpse of sun here has sent folk over the edge already and I have seen a couple of bright red lobster necks and shoulders! Lovely. Not. :)

Will Tescos have an unexplained spike in their Aubergine sales this week?! :D

Just back from getting my nails done - Foxy Roxy Shellac if you please - and walked about 1.5 miles in total in gorgeous sunshine. The rare glimpse of sun here has sent folk over the edge already and I have seen a couple of bright red lobster necks and shoulders! Lovely. Not. :)

The sun does kind of tend to send people crazy! I am always bewildered by people who when it's sunny in March get on their summer gear when it's something ridiculous like 8c outside!

I shop at a Korean supermarket which is owned by Tesco so there will definitely be a spike here :D :D

Lol @ faery!!

My work away day went well - they had all manner of doughnuts, biscuits, sarnies, cheese and biscuits.....the list goes on. They also had a HUGE fruit bowl! I took my sushi with me as planned and also a tub of edamame beans and had strawberries, blueberries and raspberries after. I also had some velvet crunch in the tea break instead of cakes! Feel very proud!

Now I'm off home early to get the BBQ on - all low syn of course ;)

A nice baked mackerel for me tonight, with some garlic sauteed(spray oil) savoy cabbage and possibly some jazzed up rice or roasted butternut squash.

Psst! Rod's back. :)

What is Velvet Crunch? I've heard much talk but not seen them. I suspect I might like them though ...

Back