Tough love - off topic and chit-chat

Rod the Bass said:
only ones that arent happy cos they arent cos allowed to go fishing

I'm always happy cos i've either just been or I'm about to go again!

I caught 63 bass on sunday, going again tomorrow!!

no need to be moody, just find the right hobby

and let each other do it!

I had a hobby and he bull dozed it and went out to back me into a corner over having a dog we can't cope with. I may have to take up a new hobby, kick boxing lol

You will all be delighted to know that my nearest Tesco's from the office is 1.5 miles there and back. :) lol

I do this pretty regularly at lunchtime so I'm chuffed I downloaded that App now - its further than I thought!

Walking home from the station today as well so that will be at least a couple of miles I reckon judging on the above.

Note that I said 'in my experience' :) knew you would jump on that comment Rod lol

I will say no more as I will only get up on my soap box :)

oh go on Sparty, get up there!

I love a battle of the sexes, we've never really had one on here

I'm always outnumbered

but never outgunned

Whitsands007.jpg

:cool:

My OH has never and I mean never in the 28 years we have been togther got in a bad mood or sulked over anything.

We have never really argued as he just sits there until I've finished saying what I want to say.And this use to get me wound up but soon learnt it got me no where.

It is all to do with talking and listening to each other.:)

absolutely the best way

I never get stressed when Em's in orbit, I just let the storm blow over

It does infuriate her, but lifes too short for arguing

she's always right anyway

sparty said:
You will all be delighted to know that my nearest Tesco's from the office is 1.5 miles there and back. :) lol

I do this pretty regularly at lunchtime so I'm chuffed I downloaded that App now - its further than I thought!

Walking home from the station today as well so that will be at least a couple of miles I reckon judging on the above.

Did you get the mapmywalk app? Is it good?

oh go on Sparty, get up there!

:cool:

RIGHT........You asked for it ;)

Most men do stupid things every now and then (I am sure women do it too) but when confronted with the angry female, they immediately just get in a counter mood. Most unfair!!

A real life example from last week.......(I AM STILL FUMING ABOUT IT!!!!) My bf went to the shops to get some food and petrol. BUT because he couldn't be bothered to DRIVE to the petrol station which is about 8 minutes further then the shop, he decided to buy the food and get money out for petrol to put in the tank in the morning. Not really that big a deal so far.....

It was a week before I get paid so bank balance looking very unhealthy (unlike moi haha). But he thought he would got £50 out to fill the tank up - instead of the tenner he initially suggested. So I'm now a little peeved that I am overdrawn and THEN he puts the money in his pocket, forgets about getting petrol the next day AND the day after so we are now running on red.

(let me mention these bleedin trousers now - the pockets are HUGE and he always loses things out of them - see where I am going....!!!)

Basically he LOST the £50 that I couldn't afford to pay for petrol!!! After telling him how skint we are and that we needed to cut back his stupid lazyness caused him to lose the money. Not only that but I have told him so many times to get rid of the stupid trousers - to date he has lost 2 wallets, a weeks wages (£400), his door keys TWICE and now more money.

Of course this was my fault and he got in a massive strop with me for being p*****d off about it. He even had the cheek to ask me if I would stop being stroppy when he got home!!!!! 'Stop losing money and maybe I wont be in a strop in the first place!! (This is really NOT the way to talk to your p'd off gf.) Anyway he went out on the booze because I had annoyed him. I HAD ANNOYED HIM!!!! hmmmph!!!

I was not a happy lady and the next day he apologised but its so frustrating when men counter-strop when they are the ones in the wrong!!

Tell me I'm wrong......I dare ya ;)

I got annoyed on Lou's behalf today because she specifically said that she didn't want to look after the dog and he deliberately ignored her. Considering she is home all day with 2 youngsters I think this is fair enough - after all it wouldn't be the husband who looked after the dog! AND he sabotaged her exercise in the meantime so I think she had every right to be annoyed.

Oh and not forgetting that LOU IS ALLERGIC TO DOGS!!!!! So her hubby should never have suggested it in the first place.

ARGH!!!!

Did you get the mapmywalk app? Is it good?

I did indeed - I thought it was good actually. Although it did make me jump when it started talking to me halfway through hehe. You can change this in the settings - it does miles or KM so you just set what you prefer.

Literally click start when you begin and stop when you want to - you can pause as well. ANd I used my phone for other things while I was walking and it still records it all.

Haha Sparty that is music to my ears, so glad it is not just me who has a financial imbecile for a partner (lovely though he is in every other way). We are always struggling for money (since we both took lower paid jobs which were what we wanted to do etc etc...). Anyway, our disposable income is negligable and we are forever stretching £50 over two weeks for food and all that stuff. He works away alot (he is a cameraman) which his company pays for, but he takes his own mobile. And watches films on it (not that type of film, apparently). Because he was overseas, his data charges were £150 one month, as he hadn't checked before he went whether he was allowed to download on his tariff. Fine - we all make mistakes, it put a big hole in that month and we had to cut back.

Then he goes off to Moscow for a weekend and ONLY FRIGGING DOES IT A FECKING GAIN!! But this time it was £225. And he doesn't call the mobile provider and sort it out (i.e. can I pay in chunks) he just ignores the problem and doesn't tell me, so it snowballs into a £500 debt that we have no way of paying. Grrrrrrrr

Oh and he can't stop buying T-Shirts on Ebay.

And...breathe. If I mention it though, I am the baddie. Tsk...

sparty said:
I did indeed - I thought it was good actually. Although it did make me jump when it started talking to me halfway through hehe. You can change this in the settings - it does miles or KM so you just set what you prefer.

Literally click start when you begin and stop when you want to - you can pause as well. ANd I used my phone for other things while I was walking and it still records it all.

Excellent :)

P.s love your rant about male counter-strops lol

Oh god this sounds do familiar lol :)

Don't get me wrong, my bf is lovely most of the time but has frequent infuriating moments. If he brought a dog home it would be out the patio door before it could bark!!!

RIGHT........You asked for it ;)

Most men do stupid things every now and then (I am sure women do it too) but when confronted with the angry female, they immediately just get in a counter mood. Most unfair!!

A real life example from last week.......(I AM STILL FUMING ABOUT IT!!!!) My bf went to the shops to get some food and petrol. BUT because he couldn't be bothered to DRIVE to the petrol station which is about 8 minutes further then the shop, he decided to buy the food and get money out for petrol to put in the tank in the morning. Not really that big a deal so far.....

It was a week before I get paid so bank balance looking very unhealthy (unlike moi haha). But he thought he would got £50 out to fill the tank up - instead of the tenner he initially suggested. So I'm now a little peeved that I am overdrawn and THEN he puts the money in his pocket, forgets about getting petrol the next day AND the day after so we are now running on red.

(let me mention these bleedin trousers now - the pockets are HUGE and he always loses things out of them - see where I am going....!!!)

Basically he LOST the £50 that I couldn't afford to pay for petrol!!! After telling him how skint we are and that we needed to cut back his stupid lazyness caused him to lose the money. Not only that but I have told him so many times to get rid of the stupid trousers - to date he has lost 2 wallets, a weeks wages (£400), his door keys TWICE and now more money.

Of course this was my fault and he got in a massive strop with me for being p*****d off about it. He even had the cheek to ask me if I would stop being stroppy when he got home!!!!! 'Stop losing money and maybe I wont be in a strop in the first place!! (This is really NOT the way to talk to your p'd off gf.) Anyway he went out on the booze because I had annoyed him. I HAD ANNOYED HIM!!!! hmmmph!!!

I was not a happy lady and the next day he apologised but its so frustrating when men counter-strop when they are the ones in the wrong!!

Tell me I'm wrong......I dare ya ;)

I got annoyed on Lou's behalf today because she specifically said that she didn't want to look after the dog and he deliberately ignored her. Considering she is home all day with 2 youngsters I think this is fair enough - after all it wouldn't be the husband who looked after the dog! AND he sabotaged her exercise in the meantime so I think she had every right to be annoyed.

Oh and not forgetting that LOU IS ALLERGIC TO DOGS!!!!! So her hubby should never have suggested it in the first place.

ARGH!!!!

you're not wrong Sparty

Blimey after reading all these rants it makes me realise how lucky I am with Mr S (not that I'd ever admit that to him in a gazillion years)! :D

Hahaha Sparty. I should have let you loose on hubby ;)

Well my first night at work went great, I am doing 4 nights and I decided that well do our driving lessons and get a car, put the money to good use.

Me and hubby are ok now, we made friends. Men and women just don't think the same, women over think and men are pretty literal from what I've gathered. But as much as he gets on my tits I can't help love the bones of the man.

I'm terminally single so have none of these issues. :D I'm actually so independent, I worry that I'll be unable to live with anyone ever and I'll have to do a Helena Bonham-Carter and Tim Burton and have the other half live in the house next door :D Men are fairly thin on the ground here though.

I was texting a Korean guy for a while and stopped when he told me not to eat too much. *rolls eyes*

conlou1 said:
Just to say my daughter had her scan and everything looks normal at first glance. Get full results in a few weeks

Good news Lou! Glad to hear it. ^^

Sent from my LG-LU3700 using MiniMins

Just to say my daughter had her scan and everything looks normal at first glance. Get full results in a few weeks
iknow im not supposed to beposting i ere after my STS, but just wanted to say thats great news :) and hope the full results will be just as great! :) X

Pleased for you Lou. That must be a relief.

Back