Total Solution Trying for 4 Weeks

Cracked how to make a soup without it tasting awful.

Problem I was having was the stick blender was making it too frothy, and I was left with a bowl of warm mushroom foam. Wasn't easy to swallow.
Using the ball shaker, I shook up my mushroom soup with cold water then microwaved it. Was actually good to eat today, very pleased.

They don't sell bouillon at my local store either :(, was tempted to buy gravy granules though...

If you're not used to artificial tasting stuff then I guess the shakes might not be that nice, but I dont mind the chocolate shake. I didnt like it with the coffee in it this morning but I do like it plain. My daughter complains that the choc shakes smell horrible though, she says they smell like cardboard.

I personally found the 3 chocolate shakes I've had (all mixed with coffee mind) have tasted too artificial, almost tasting a bit like vegetable oil, a very horrible aftertaste. Swallowed them all down any how, means to an end.

I here ya on the coffee/shake thing somehow did not resemble the frappucino I was imagining- I almos up-chucked. For me Vanilla all the way , not keen 9n the chocolate. Adding ice and blending the stakes makes them deeeelish. Good luck on your journey it gets way easier!

Once I'm through the chocolate ones I'll look at the vanilla shakes and try that with a coffee. Will also try the ice tomorrow!

I had some tonight, you only need a tiny bit because it is still quite salty, despite being reduced salt

Hi
I've been looking at the shakes,a s coming to end of my winter warmer pack. I have really enjoyed the meals but at the end I will have had the same daily menu for 28 days:eek: I was thinking bars and some vanilla and banana shakesWow hold me back someone I'm going wild.x

I wish I had gone for the winter warmer pack! Porridge and Pasta sounds so much more appetizing :(

Don't try the pasta.....its vile!!
Well I think so anyway.
Nearly made me vomit :(
Was just like powdery soup with hard spaghetti bits floating in it.

Did you prepare it the way they say to on the website?

1. Add 150ml of boiling water to the packet contents in a bowl
  2. Stir then cover for 5 minutes
  3. Uncover and place in microwave for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally
  4. Leave to stand for 1 minute before consuming
Says its different to the way they tell you to prepare it on the packaging,

No I didn't prepare it that way :( I just chucked boiling water in and stuck it in the microwave.
I wouldn't have liked the taste no matter how I'd 'cooked' it I don't think.
Ah well.
When I did exante before I lived on only choc shakes for months and months, looks like its gonna be that way again.

I have mine like chicken spaghetti soup instead

add 250ml of boiling water plus big pinch chilli flakes, mix then cover and leave for 5 mins. Bring back to boil and stir for about 4-5 mins and serve.

i would def get the winter warmer again. But at the end of this 28 day I'm gonna need the variety.(or a great big nandos):devilangel:

I have mine like chicken spaghetti soup instead

add 250ml of boiling water plus big pinch chilli flakes, mix then cover and leave for 5 mins. Bring back to boil and stir for about 4-5 mins and serve.

i would def get the winter warmer again. But at the end of this 28 day I'm gonna need the variety.(or a great big nandos):devilangel:

Fries and cheese for me... then back onto exante :p

mmm all this talk of food is making me hungry!!

Have u tried adding a bag of mint tea to the chocolate shakes? Dont know if that would be horrible or not as I havent tried it...just thinking out loud! there are so many alternatives on here if you look around.

Good luck!

mmm all this talk of food is making me hungry!!

Have u tried adding a bag of mint tea to the chocolate shakes? Dont know if that would be horrible or not as I havent tried it...just thinking out loud! there are so many alternatives on here if you look around.

Good luck!

I'm working out how to make the shakes/soup just as I'm running out of them :( well the flavours I've been experimenting with at least.
Chocolate shake but NOT mixed with coffee, is tasty. Made the mistake of attempting coffee the first 5 days haha

Hello there :)

Just stumbled upon your diary, You're doing well!

Do you have any packs you sway towards most yet?

I have only ever tried the shakes, but Vanilla coffee all the way for me! I live on them, Literally lol xx

Hello there :)

Just stumbled upon your diary, You're doing well!

Do you have any packs you sway towards most yet?

I have only ever tried the shakes, but Vanilla coffee all the way for me! I live on them, Literally lol xx

Today was another easy day, I work in food preperation so its pretty annoying to not accept gorgeous food, but I'm not hungry, just really missing sitting down to eat.

As for packs I sway towards, because I didn't like the mushroom soup the first two days I had it, I decided to just get them out of the way (this is a means to an end, I don't have to enjoy it) so I've had 6 days of mushroom soup and 5 days of chocolate shakes. Have started to enjoy both the shake and soup now that I've worked out how to make them in a way that I enjoy at least. Had the banana shake on the first day, made up with 400ml water and just done in the ball shaker and it was fine, but will try with less water and ice (how I like the chocolate shake)

I'm looking forward to trying a vanilla shake the way you take it, just not got that far into my pack yet :p

What a great idea. 6 days of mushroom soups!! You are indestructable! lol.

Yeah the more wtaer, the more weak the taste. I started off only using 250ml as i was a stickler for the rules but now always have 400-500ml in each shake and am used to that texture now with my Vanilla coffee. Im sure you will enjoy them, especially as its like having a latte in the morning, and i always liked a cup of coffee in the mornings :)

Have a great day xx

What a great idea. 6 days of mushroom soups!! You are indestructable! lol.

Yeah the more wtaer, the more weak the taste. I started off only using 250ml as i was a stickler for the rules but now always have 400-500ml in each shake and am used to that texture now with my Vanilla coffee. Im sure you will enjoy them, especially as its like having a latte in the morning, and i always liked a cup of coffee in the mornings :)

Have a great day xx

Well because I didn't like them at first I HAD to get them out of the way, would suck to have to come back to something I don't like, so had them all. Last day for the mushroom soup, but now I've worked out how to make them to such a way I like its not an issue.

Will be one week tomorrow morning (day 8) so weighing myself then and hoping for good results, everyone seems to have pretty large results on the first week which I'm looking forward to.

If you are having 400ml water, how many coffees are you making out of that shake?.

Best of luck for your weigh in :)

I say 400ml, don't really measure. I have the shaker bottle and fill it 3/4 of cold water, add the Vanilla powder, shake it up, add my coffee in, pour in boiled water until it reaches the very top, then shake it up again, and drink it from the bottle :) One shake each time, 3 times a day xx

Can't wait to read your week 1 loss!!! You've done amazingly well especially sticking to choc and mushroom packs. Xxx

I quite fancy tring the vanilla or banana shakes and the mushroom soup. As like you I have the same thing day in day out. Although sometime I go a bit crazy and have them in a different order!

Back