TTfans diary and lessons learned

I would *cough* "accidentally* knock it over and quietly put it in the bin under some other rubbish. You can make yourself feel better about it bu think that it's for medical reasons - after all, losing weight leads to much much better health!

Also, this is what I do in a similar dilema. If I'm given extra food that brings mr over my calories for the day, before I eat it I think to myself "Is this ickle piece of food worth me doing an extra 25 minutes on the exercise bike for?" if your answer is no then I obviously don't want it that much and I leave it.

I would do the classic sex and the city manouvre. Knock it on the floor (accidently on purpose) throw it in the bin, then squirt it with washing up liquid!!!
Can't eat it then!!!!! :D

Love it! Excellent advice. I managed to be some sort of saint and took a tiny nibble from the corner and put the rest in an old coffee cup that was in the bin so I wouldn't be tempted to go back and eat it. I deserve a massive loss at tomorrow's WI for that alone!

Love it! Excellent advice. I managed to be some sort of saint and took a tiny nibble from the corner and put the rest in an old coffee cup that was in the bin so I wouldn't be tempted to go back and eat it. I deserve a massive loss at tomorrow's WI for that alone!

I agree, thats worth at least 2lbs!!! :D

woohoo! 2lbs this week! I reckon the Gods of dieting were smiling on me after yesterdays uncharacteristic show of willpower :)

Well done!

:) cheers guys. Squeezy maybe you could pop back next Thurs and predict me a loss of 10lbs next week?! You never know, it might just work!

Ooohhh, been a while since I last updated this.

If any of you were woken from your slumber a couple of hours ago by the very distant sounds of screaming then I do apologise (I imagine they heard me all the way to Australia), but today my BMI finally got below 25. Happy happy happy joy joy! I know BMIs aren't some magic steadfast rule to live your life by, but for me having never been thin before a BMI of 25 was a pretty good goal, and mentally I feel like I've overcome a massive hurdle. So tonight's big posh meal at the big posh hotel that I've been looking forward to all month is a double celebration :)

Last edited:
Firstly well done on your loss and getting to a healthy BMI! :D That's amazing! Enjoy your meal tonight :D

And I think it is really good that you're working out where you're eating issues come from. Think it will help you a lot to stay in control :)

Congratulations on the healthy BMI. You must feel amazing??!! :D

I think it's fantastic that you are dealing with your food issues. I think if alot of us were honest we would all say we have serious issues with food and eating.
Sounds like you went through alot subconsciously when you were younger that has led to you feeling the way you do now about food and guilt. Good on you hun. Hopefully it's helping you. :)

Today my stomach is gurgling so loudly that my officemate has had to leave the room.

Hope I didn't come across as whingy with the last post, I don't mean to make out that I've had it bad (I know I haven't), but it's quite helpful sometimes to realise that our families aren't perfect and we can't hold on to everyone else's hangups.

I had a very very naughty weekend, but my God was it worth it (5 course dinner? check! Cheeky pizza? Check! Wine at the pub quiz? Check!), so I'm only hoping for a STS this week, but that's OK, as long as I haven't gone up.

Hi everyone, gosh it's ages since I last updated this. Ho hum, what's happened?

So we were back in the UK for the past 2 weeks, seeing people and sorting out wedding stuff, and oh boy, did I eat? Yes, yes I did, let's just say that ccing went completely out the window. The damage seems to be 6lbs, which I'm resigned to and was expecting, and as I said on the NSV thread, I've lost it before, I can do it again.

One thing that came out of this holiday, is that I'm finally beginning to feel like a slim person. It was great being able to shop in UK shops with UK sizes and confidently pick up a size 12 (even a size 10 a couple of times! Eek!), and as I said, the reactions of some of my friends were startling - I know from the scales that I've lost alot of weight, but the looks on their faces hammered in just how much.

Sorry, I hope that doesn't sound arrogant.

So what else? Wedding planning is still being a nightmare. Is it just me or when you get engaged does everyone feel they have a right to some part of your day? That their feelings should be taken into consideration on every single aspect? I currently have one bridesmaid who is utterly offended that I went BM dress shopping without her. Of course it would have been nice to pick the dresses out for them together, but they live all across the UK, I'm rarely in the country and it was just impossible to get us all together so I took one bridesmaid shopping and asked the others to go and try on the ones we'd found. Am I missing something? Is that really so terrible? And of course I'm trying to be considerate towards my bridesmaids, but somewhere in there this should be about me, and I just feel like I shouldn't be made to feel like an ogre because I'm ruining their bridesmaid experience. They're getting nice dresses bought for them and so far I've not asked any of them to lift a finger to help with organisation.

Grr, rant over, sorry.

Nothing else to report except it's so hot over here that I feel like I might die soon.

Aaah it's so nice to get that boost when youve lost :) congrats on the size ten!! That's awesome!
Not sure what to say about the bridesmaids :( weddings seem to bring out the best AND worst in ppl lol. Do what YOU want as tactfully as possible! That's all the advice I can give lol. Good luck tho!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Take it from a bridesmaid to be. Take charge!! It's your day, all opinions greatly received, but final choices are yours. I wouldn't dream of telling the bride what I will and won't wear. You are not an ogre, you're not exactly going to put them in pink taffeta with bubble sleeves............or are you? lol :)

Happy Monday everyone!

Yeah weddings are odd aren't they? I've definitely seen the worst of certain people since I got engaged. With the BM situation, the things that gets to me if that I was a BM last year, and the dress was a vision of hideousness, it was so awful, it looked like a giant marshmallow, and didn't fit me at all, BUT I made sure that when my friend saw me in it I looked happy and I told her how beautiful I thought it was, because I've always thought that your main job as a bridesmaid is to make the bride happy. Sigh. In all fairness I'm probably being far too touchy about it too. Squeezy, no taffeta and not a bubble sleeve in sight! I think alot of brides must hate their friends looking at some of the BM dresses you can buy! Although I have realised that I've gone for 3 pretty skinny minnies so maybe I should dress thm in something ugly to make myself look better!

I was a very naughty person yesterday. In my defense, I had a migraine on Sunday and still felt rubbish yesterday, and my body was craving bad bad food and I've learned the hard way that it's best not to cc through a migraine (makes them last longer, don't know why, I guess my body needs the energy). Anyway, I was a naughty girl and might have a little bit had a massive family pack of crisps and 200g of chocolate. Oops.

me three!!!! :D

Good, I'm glad it wasn't just me! Yesterday wasn't so great either, and tonight I have a work BBQ - eek!

Back