TTfans diary and lessons learned

Hi everyone, well I'm back from my travels and let's just say that the whole ccing thing hasn't been going too well. I had a cheeky mid week weigh this morning just to prepare me for what horrors Friday has in store and it's not good but it could be a lot worse. Back to it now, onwards and downwards. I'm desperate to go for a run today to kick start the good habits, but I went horse riding on Saturday and, no joke, every single muscle from my toes to my neck (my head is kind of OK!) is in so much pain I can't actually move. When I brushed my teeth last night I had a horrible moment when I realised I literally couldn't bend forward enough to spit out the toothpaste without it going down my front. I then had to get boyf to take off my jeans, at which point he suggested naughty bedroom action (men really don't get it do they? If I can't move enough to undress myself how on earth am I going to be able to do that?) and then looked offended when I said "Fine as long as I can just lie here". So I'll probably give todays run a miss.

Wow, that was way too much information. Gotta love the anonymity of the 'net :)

Last edited:
That's such a nice compliment :) You'll get the gain off in no time! Hope things keep improving with your mum.

So, I appear to have jumped back on the ccing bandwagon this time. Good news. I'm having my wedding dress fitting in Nov and need to stay at whatever weight I am then so it's given me a massive incentive to really push for the next 2 months.

Last night I went to a wine tasting event - mmmmm wine. Anyway, for literally the first time in my life I managed not to get too sloshed and didn't neck all the canapes so I'm feeling moderately pleased with myself today. I'm just really hoping that this effort is rewarded in tomorrows WI.

I think the thing I find frustrating about dieting is that I still seem to have a flick switch in my head - a few days off the diet and I'm back to my old habits, but after a few days back on the diet I'm fully back into my new, healthier habits. I think I was expecting that by this point I'd have grasped the moderation thing, but never mind, I guess the key to maintaining is recognising when the switch has been flicked and stopping it in its tracks.

Well done on controlling the wine intake lol. Hmm, I think the most important thing is that you recognised that you do need to think about what you are eating, and not just letting it go haywire. That's a big step in itself!

Thanks Bostik, you're always so encouraging :)

So 1lb off this week, not too shabby. Hopefully I can keep it up and lose a couple of lbs next week and then I'll be back to where I was at the end of July.

The diet gods are looking after me today. It's only 9:30 and I'm ravenous and was eyeing up the chocolate someone gave me that's sitting on my desk, when my friend walked in and handed me a bunch of grapes from her garden.

Well done!

OK so I'm cheating too much at the moment, so I'm going to start writing down what I eat because that way I can't kid myself.

Yesterday was:
Breakfast: Fruit bun and coffee
Lunch: pasta and tomato sauce (there was nothing else in the canteen but I only ate half, which I'd guess came to about 40g of pasta)
Dinner: Gorgonzola gnochi and 3 glasses of wine - I was only going to eat half the gnocchi but (get ready for the lamest excuse ever) I got halfway through and stopped and everyone else was still eating and it just sat there in front of it and I kept nibbling. There were still 5 pieces left when my plate was collected so it was a victory, but only a very very minor one!

Exercise: walk to work (30 mins uphill)

Love love love your pic!!!! that man is keeping me out of the pub and on the wagon on saturday nights :D

Yeah, I agree with Betterforever!! Love Gary!! :D

Well done for writing it down, I often find that bit quite hard, especially if you haven't been completley on the wagon.
Don't worry too much about yesterdays menu though. Today is a new day! :)

:eek:) He's delish isn't he? Just gets better with age, like a fine wine.

Yesterdays food:
b: fruit bun and coffee
l: quorn and chickpea thing with bulgar whear and veg, I ate all the veg but only half every everything else
d: quorn chicken salad

Snack: Chocolate egg I found in a drawer!

Exercise: 45 min run, 30 min walk to work, 30 min walk home

Last edited:
Right, this is going to be painful

Friday:
B: bread and butter
Morning snack: Lemon tart (a gazillion calories a slice but I'd made it and I wasn't going to let it go to waste!)
L: Flatbread with salad
D: 200ml wine and a pizza (from the supermarket, so not great but not as bad as a restaurant one)

Exercise: 2 x 30 min walks and a 45 min run

Saturday
B: Bread and butter
L: Pretzel with cheese
D: Tofu and veg red thai curry and 300ml wine

Exercise: Looooooooonnnnnnggggggg hike up a very steep mountain

Sunday:
B: Bread and butter
L: scrambled eggs on toast
Snack: small slice of lemon tart
D: veg paella and 150ml wine

exercise: Bit of a lazy day but did force myself to go out for a walk

Not great but not a massive bingy weekend and the calories I burned on Sat will definitely have helped. Plus the homemade lemon tart was possibly my proudest moment so diet or no diet there's no way that was going to waste.

Mmm yum. Doesn't seem that bad though :) And you obviously HAD to have some of your own tart!

Thanks! Although when I put the recipe for the lemon tart into MFP it came out as 675 calories a slice!!!!!! Outrageous! I knew it would be high but not that high! The problem I'm finding at the moment is that I'm not being that bad, but not being that good either, so I'm pretty much maintaining my weight. It's annoying because I know if I cut out all the little extras I'd start losing alot again but I just can't seem to get my head in the game. I'm so annoyed with myself, I only have 13 lbs to go to goal, I could do that in 6 weeks if I put my mind to it.

Yesterday:
B: Bread, marg and jam
Snack: Coffee (milky) and small almond tart thing my friend bought back from Italy (again, being bought Italian pastry, it would be rude not to...)
L: Salad
D: left over veg paella, 1/4 bottle of wine, shortbread

Exercise: Walk to and from work (2 x 30 mins) 45 min run.

MFP put me as 1379 which isn't so bad, but isn't good either. Argh. Must stop snacking. Must stop drinking so much lovely tasty wine.

Wine is quite high in cals right? (I'm not sure, I'm not really a wine drinker!) Maybe either cut down to a small glass a day or something or get a lower calorie one? Even weight watchers do wine. Might help cut out a few cals :)

Oh dear, well it all went very wrong yesterday, and aren't I just suffering for it?

B: Bread and marge, coffee with milk
L: beetroot and carrot - somehow the canteen where I work had managed to make the rest of my undressed salad completely inedible. 10g bag of nuts
D: My own body weight in wine, cheese, cheese, more cheese. We had free tickets to a food and wine fair, oh dear. Actually there wasn't that much cheese, and given how little I'd eaten for the rest of the day I probably still came in close to my calorie goal, but it's hardly what you could call a healthy meal.

Exercise: 3 x 30 min walk. 35 min run.

I'm going to try to not have alcohol for a week or so (no let's be realistic, I'll limit myself to 100ml a day), not just for the sake of the diet but seeing in this diary how much I have drunk over the past week has been a bit of a shock. Granted it's been a worse week than usual, but even so...

Yesterdays food:
B: Bread, marge
L: Salad (German potato salad, carrots, lambs lettuce and cucumber, no dressing)
D: Pasta with pesto and mushrooms, slightly more than usual as my friend is staying over and I didn't want to give her normal amounts and me diet portions - does that sound wierd? It's just if I went to stay with someone and they gave me twice as much food as they gave themselves I'd feel self concious.
Snack: one of those tasty almond pastries (only small but densely packed with calories) and milk coffee

Exercise: 2 x 30 min walk

Yesterdays food:
B: Bread and jam
L: cheesey olive bread, banana
D: yellow thai curry, rice

Snacks: ice tea, milky coffee, butter biscuit

Exercise: 4 hour hike in the mountains

MFP put me at an amazing 1826 calories yesterday, but with the hike I still had 975 left over. Had a cheeky weigh in this morning and it was bad, but if I'm good for the rest of the week hopefully I can get it down to a STS. I think I've reached a real mental block with my diet, it happened this time last year too - I set myself 3 big goals - 72kg (my weight when I left uni), 66kg (BMI 25) and 60kg (a nice round number) - I reached 72 about this time last year and stuck at it until Jan/Feb this year, now I'm at my next big goal, 66 and I feel like I'm sticking here too. It's so silly, I know if I push then I will lose weight but somewhere inside my brain keeps saying "No, 66 was the aim, you're here now, you can't get any further".

Back