Twinkle's Diary(food ment)

Well done Twinkle!
and a great Quote Dusty!

x

Wow well done Twinkle - you sound so in control and it has really helped to hear that you managed to maintain during your break from LT. That is the one think that bothers me. I really cannot afford to put this weight back on.

bennet said:
Well done Twinkle!
and a great Quote Dusty!

x

Thank you Bennet,how are you finding LT?xx

Dusty67 said:
Have a good day Twinkle. You're doing so well! Don't let those negative ninnies get you down!

This is a quote from Mohamed Ali that I have up in my office..

I know where I'm going and I know the truth, and I don't have to be what you want me to be. I'm free to be what I want.

Hope you like it too and it helps you get through the day!

Just keep swimming!
Dusty

Thank you hun and that is a great quote.I think I might print one off at work and do the same lol xxx how has your day been hun?x

HockeyNut said:
Wow well done Twinkle - you sound so in control and it has really helped to hear that you managed to maintain during your break from LT. That is the one think that bothers me. I really cannot afford to put this weight back on.

Hi hun,
Overall I do think I am fairly in control but I obviously does have moments(that feel like hrs) where I feel like I'm going to lose the plot and start eating.Although I did kind of maintain,I did put on 9lbs BUT as soon as I started to feel the extra weight,I got off my backside and back on LT.I don't think maintaining is too hard to do,as long as you're prepared for it.When I first came off LT in September,I bought microwave meals for about 6 weeks,just to make sure that I was eating sensible portions and then I started to do my own meals again,but my failing was over Christmas,when I wanted to eat what I wanted,so I did lol.
I do hope this helps,even if it's only a little :).I'm always here if you're worried about anything at all xxx

Well,nearly the end of day 10 and feeling a bit hungry but nothing major.I had a good day out visiting and it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be,so that was a result.I had my first shake just before we left,then my second when I got in an hour ago,so I still have my third shake to go yet.

I made the mistake of getting on my M-I-L's scales and they said I was 1lb heavier than I was on Thursday,so either they are wrong or my totm is kicking in :(.I never weigh in between but I really wanted to know if I weighed less than my OH,which I do,he's 7lbs heavier than me,so I was pleased about that.

Tomorrow is all mapped out for me again,11.30am I've got an appointment at home,12.30pm Jess goes to nursery and then 1.30pm my car is in for MOT,then when I get back from that,I should be picking all the girls up from school.
I've peeled the potatoes and got the veg ready to cook cottage pie in the morning.The kids will have that for dinner and I'm going to put a big batch of it in the freezer so when I am struggling,I can just heat it up for them.

I had an argument with myself last night over the chicken in the fridge,I was really struggling with the urge of picking at it but in the end,I won!I am literally counting a day at a time and this seems to be working for me.I think I learned alot from the first time on LT and what I've learnt has helped me so much this time round.

I think this is enough waffling for the day,roll on weigh in on Tuesday and roll on tomorrow,day 11!

I hope everyone is doing well x

I really like the idea of having an argument with yourself. I've done exactly the same myself - so nice to know I'm not going bonkers!!!!! (or am I!!!). Thanks for the support - I really appreciate it.

I really like the idea of having an argument with yourself. I've done exactly the same myself - so nice to know I'm not going bonkers!!!!! (or am I!!!). Thanks for the support - I really appreciate it.

Lol,no you're not going bonkers hun x

Day 11 - Got up this morning,sorted the kiddies,my friend took my girls to breakfast club.I've cooked the cottage pie for the kiddies and put the rest in the freezer.I just need to cook OH's when he gets in.

I feel really weird this morning....I woke up with really bad breath,really dry mouth,shaking and it feels like something is eating away at my stomach......not sure if maybe ketosis is really kicking in or what,but I thought I'd got to that stage.Despite all this,I am feeling really good and still have energy,which is great.I'm actually wishing that totm will rear her ugly head soon,just so I can get it out the way,but a downfall to having the implant is that it's never on time :(.My stomach doesn't feel as bloated as it did the other day,so maybe it's not on the way after all.In fact my stomach feels smaller in general,so hoping that despite my M-I-L's scales,I have lost weight.

My OH has been giving me all his negative thoughts about the diet nearly every night.I get really cold at night and it takes 3 quilts to keep me warm and he's blaming it on the lack of food lol.I must admit,although I get cold easily,I think the extreme coldness is down to LT,but still a small price to pay for getting slim.

My day starts to get busier in about an hour,so I'll have plenty to keep me occupied for the day,then early night I think,got work tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great day x

images

Glad you got through the day Twinkle! Feel free to copy the quote.

The other one I have up in my office is from apollo 13 which is....Failure is not an option! This was when the space craft was damaged and there was a danger the men would be left in space.

I've had this quote up since I got my current job. I even bought a bag from NASA with it on! The place I took over was a mess (long story) but now its one of the best performing in the country. Just need to apply the same thinking to my diet now!

Have a good day sweetie
Dusty

Hope you have a good day too hun xxx

The end of day 11 and feeling quite stressed now.My car failed it's MOT,so that didn't help and has made my day off on Thursday another busy day :(......and to make it even more stressful on Thursday,my Grandad is picking me up from the garage at 9am on Thursday morning and dropping me back at lunch time,the only problem with that is they are very much like feeders lol and they'll probably have a full buffet ready for me.I can't tell them I'm back on LT,so how do I get out of this one???I have thought about telling them I've had a big breakfast roll from a burger van before going to the garage,but I'm not sure if they'll believe that.

I have remained 100% again and I do think I feel a bit different this week,but I'll find out tomorrow,weigh in is at 3.30pm and I'm quite looking forward to it,because then I'll hopefully have 10 days til my next weigh in and hopefully have a decent loss.Again it was very tempting at dinner time,I made my OH had steak and chips and he left half of it and it did look very nice and the kiddies took ages eating their cottage pie,so I was faced with it for ages,but managed to come through it ok.

I am looking forward to refeeding,whenever that will be.I'm looking forward to the chicken,oh well,hopefully in about 5 weeks.

I found my ketostix today(by accident) and checked and yep definitely there alright,the +++ purple showed up and it was quite nice to see,as I know I'm definitely burning fat.

I need to wear my leggings and top under my office clothes tomorrow,as I'll be leaving work,getting the girls from school and going straight to the chemist to get weighed :).Roll on day 12!

Well done on staying 100% through all the stress.

How about telling your grandad that you're going for blood tests later (allergy, cholesterol or sugar nothing too serious) and that you have to fast for 12 hours prior to the test, so you've eaten early?

I'm using that excuse on a night out that's coming up soon that I can't get out of!

Dusty67 said:
PS good luck on the weigh in tomorrow. I'm off for my weigh in tomorrow too!

Good luck girlys x

Dusty,that's not a bad idea at all hun,I might just do that and I'll have more chance of them not trying to fatten me up,good luck with your weigh in hunny,I'll be rooting for you :) xxx

Ok,day 12 is here and 2nd weigh in day,whoop whoop!
I'm looking forward to the day ahead,only about 9 hrs to go before my weigh in,since as it's only 5 days since my last weigh in,I'm aiming small and hoping for a 2lb loss,which is very achieveable I think and then I'll be back to the same weight I was when I left LT in September and then I'll be on the road to real weight loss again.I'm looking forward to the silly things again,like changing my ticker and the apps on my phone.It's those little things that help me keep going lol.
I'm in work for the day and really hoping the girls don't go off to get their MD's or even eat copious amounts of food in front of me,as it wears me down a bit being in such a small office,but somehow I'll make it through the day.
The last 12 days has flown by and although I've been telling myself 'one day at a time',I can't help thinking that I'm on day 12 of 42 days,it just doesn't seem so bad now that I'm over the worst of it(although I don't know exactly how long I'll be on LT for,just a rough guess,as LT lady wants me to come off when I reach 10 stone).
I'm already looking forward to my 3rd weigh in,which I know is sad but the 2nd week is notorious for not being that great,let alone with it only being 5 days since my 1st weigh in.I think that might be why I found it a struggle after my 1st weigh in and rebooked it early.
Feeling good again this morning,a bit of the shakes again but nothing major.I'm beginning to think my OH might be nagging me about LT because he's jealous about me losing the weight and looking good.He keeps telling me I look good as I am(which is sweet)but he's quite a vain person and thinks he looks fab lol,(don't get me wrong,he's perfect size for a bloke,I think)but my god he loves looking at himself in the mirror lol....it would be nice if that was me for a change lol.

Anyway,best go off and get ready for work and get kiddies ready for school and nursery,but I hope everyone has a fab day and good luck to all those with weigh ins today :) x

Nearly the end of day 12 and booming with confidence that I can actually do this.I had my second weigh in today and to my amazement,I lost 4 lbs in 5 days,needless to say,I'm very happy with that result :D.So that's now 11lbs off.
I have struggled a bit with hunger today and made my family another dinner that I love,spaghetti bolognese,it was hard to resist,but I did get through it.I didn't see much eating going on in the office today,so no nicely wafting smell of MD's,thank god.
I'm absolutely freezing right now,so I'm going shopping in a minute,then coming home to snuggle in bed.
I asked my lovely LT lady exactly when she wants me to come off of LT,so she looked up my 'ideal weight' and apparently it's 9stone 11lbs,not 9stone 1lb,as I've had stuck in my head,so she reckons she'll take me off in about 2-3 wks,so I am panicking a little bit,as I was hoping to lose a bit more,just so I had an allowance to sway a few lbs here and there for any social events that may come my way in the near future.I have booked my next weigh in for next Friday,so 10 days away and I know she can't take me off of LT,as she has someone covering for her,as she won't be working,so I know I have at least 17 days left on LT but I suppose it also depends on how much weight I've lost between now and then and I may even lose a bit more weight when I go to refeeding anyway,so not too much of a problem.
To prepare myself,I'm going shopping in a minute and I'm going to stock up on 'healthy' ready meals,to train myself back into 'portion size' when I start refeeding,oh and lots and lots of chicken and fish.I may even get out my WW cook books and start trying new things out before I finish LT,just to get me into the habit of cooking decent healthy food,although at the moment,even though I do get the hunger pangs,food doesn't seem very appealling to me at all,but I'll have to do it at some point.
As I now have 10 days til weigh in,my goal is going to be 6lbs,which I think is very achieveable and if that's the weight I lose,then that will officially be the lightest I have been in about 15 yrs and hopefully I'll fit more comfortably into my size 12 jeans,that I have to force myself into at the moment.
Well,as it's nearly the end of day 12,I say roll on day 13 :)

I hope everyone has had a great day x

I've done my shopping and also came home with a set of scales and a pair of size 12 work trousers,which I've tried on,but don't fit at all,so I've hung them up on my curtain rail as my goal.I got on the scales to see if I got a similar weight to the scales at the chemist and they made me 1lb heavier.I might take the scales to the chemist next Friday and weigh myself on both at the same time.I wasn't going to buy a set til I finished LT,but I decided that I want to be as ready as I can possibly be,but I am worried about the temptation to keep weighing myself during the week.
My brother has just cooked chicken fajitas and the smell was amazing and the temptation was kicking in again,so I've brought myself up to bed to end my day.

Well....the start of day 13 involves a headache,so not good :( .I start work at 9am,so hopefully I've tackled the headache by then.Still got the shakes a bit,I can't remember having them for this long the last time I was on LT.I'm quite pleased that I'm very nearly at the end of week 2 and quite chuffed with myself.I'm still a bit worried about being at my nan and grandad's house but hopefully they'll not be too pushy because I really don't want to tell them that I'm back on LT and so far,I've managed to get away with just 4 people knowing.....I am surprised I've managed to get this far without anyone else clicking on yet though,especially my best mate,with working with her 3 days a week.I just hope I can hold off til I've finished,then nobody need be any the wiser.
9 days til weigh in and this time it doesn't bother me at all(not yet anyway).I've put my scales back in the box and under my bed to prevent temptation,whether that works or not is another story lol.But I am going to try not to weigh myself,as it can either be a good thing or the complete opposite and be soul destroying.
I'm quite chuffed that I'm down to 10 lbs to lose for the Valentine's Day Challenge,as I'm just over the half way mark,so hopefully,I should meet my goal.

Now that I've been here 2 weeks and feel a bit more comfortable,I feel I'm able to share my little secret,as to why it looks like I'm finding this 'easy'.I lost my son,Jamie(stillbirth)on 13th February 2007,so his 5 year angelversary is coming up.I find it extremely hard to cope with once the xmas period is over with and this has helped to take my mind off of it a bit.I can't believe it's been nearly 5 yrs when it feels like only yesterday,but unfortunately,that's life.So anyway,I hope whoever reads this can understand now why the LT looks 'easy' for me.

I hope everyone has a great day and good luck to all those weigh ins today and remember,you CAN do it xxx

Back