Unthoughtful people!

Dear ex

If you aren't going to be co-operative when I try and buy my badminton and squash racquets from you (already got someone lined up to be using them perchance?), then don't expect me to leave you the curtains worth double that amount for nothing! (Yes, the curtain saga is still ongoing... and they WILL be going with me!)

Secondly, just because you decide you no longer want to watch the tv in the evening it does not mean that I don't, so quit switching it off when I'm still sat in front of it clearly watching something! I'll only switch it back on again and it makes you look like an idiot!

Thirdly, why is it that whenever I am on the phone to someone you find a really pathetic excuse to have to come into the room and interupt so you can find out who I am talking to? I don't do it to you, but then you've always been secretive when it comes to phone calls, emails, etc. (Last night's was when I was on the phone downstairs to my mum. He had to come downstairs and interupt. Once I'd finished speaking with my mum I went upstairs to find out what he wanted, something stupid about was the petrol guage in my car ok... erm, like, what? Random!)

Rant over... and very nearly at the end of it all. I only have to cope with this evening with him and then he's away and I move out at the weekend! Woohoo!

KittenKat said:
Hehehe... that made me chuckle :)

I'm in the Bristol area.

Road trip!!!! Take the curtains down now and stick an old bed sheet over the window, when he interrupts a phone call say "sorry darling, there's someone attention seeking, excuse me a moment" then ask him what he wants, then loudly say "yes the petrol gauge on my car is fine, and it'll probably still be fine in an hour, thanks for asking" then carry on your conversation on the phone with "I'm so sorry about that, but you know how needy some people are"

Ok don't say all that but think it it'll make you laugh! As for the TV, next time he's in the middle of something get up and switch it off at the mains! Or go to bed early and turn off the electrics at the box! Tosser!

Ok don't say all that but think it it'll make you laugh!

Yep, it definitely made me chuckle! :)

Only tonight to cope with and then he's away until next week, by which time I'll have moved! Then I have the joys of being on my own every evening :(

KittenKat said:
Yep, it definitely made me chuckle! :)

Only tonight to cope with and then he's away until next week, by which time I'll have moved! Then I have the joys of being on my own every evening :(

Oh you'll love it after a while! I've been doing it for years as hubby works nights, but now the kids are older they interrupt my blessed solitude and it's horrible...as for Mr Shirleen on holiday... Let's just say my dentist won't be happy!!! Lol

Oh you'll love it after a while! I've been doing it for years as hubby works nights, but now the kids are older they interrupt my blessed solitude and it's horrible...as for Mr Shirleen on holiday... Let's just say my dentist won't be happy!!! Lol

I used to love the 'me' space when he was away during the week, but then he was only at the end of the phone and we'd speak at least once every night.

Although I am looking forward to being out of the house and in my own place, I am starting to get very scared now. I'm moving from a 3 bed house to an annex with small combined living/kitchen area, small bedroom and teeny shower room. A lot of my stuff will have to be stored at my parents as I just won't have room for it, and I'm worried that being at home on my own every night in such a small place then I'll be climbing the walls.

I get the feeling I may have to start watching all of the soaps just to keep myself occupied!

Start a hobby that takes you out of an evening, a pub quiz night, book club, night class, some towns have evening walkers groups, don't let it get to you, it's a new adventure grab it!

Start a hobby that takes you out of an evening, a pub quiz night, book club, night class, some towns have evening walkers groups, don't let it get to you, it's a new adventure grab it!

Pub quiz nights are the last thing I want to do - ex used to run our local one!!

Monday nights will be SW night, as I've decided to go to a new group and am going to stay for the whole of class just to give myself something to do. There are 2, one at 5pm and one at 7pm, just got to decide which one I want to go to. Also trying to press gang people here at work into cinema trips, etc.

In all honesty, the more I think about it, the weekends are going to be harder as my family and friends are all hundreds of miles away so I'll be on my own for weekends too :(

KittenKat said:
Pub quiz nights are the last thing I want to do - ex used to run our local one!!

Monday nights will be SW night, as I've decided to go to a new group and am going to stay for the whole of class just to give myself something to do. There are 2, one at 5pm and one at 7pm, just got to decide which one I want to go to. Also trying to press gang people here at work into cinema trips, etc.

In all honesty, the more I think about it, the weekends are going to be harder as my family and friends are all hundreds of miles away so I'll be on my own for weekends too :(

Sometimes I surpass myself in the ability to put my foot in it!!!!!
How about weekend rambling club or church, or mosque or temple (to be inclusive). Unmmm offer to do a storytelling at the library? Take up football, rugby.
I've run out of ideas...can you tell? Lol

Sometimes I surpass myself in the ability to put my foot in it!!!!!
How about weekend rambling club or church, or mosque or temple (to be inclusive). Unmmm offer to do a storytelling at the library? Take up football, rugby.
I've run out of ideas...can you tell? Lol

I'm sure I'll be fine, just all very daunting at the moment and much as I don't like him very much right now, still can't get my head around my life without him in it.

Think I'm just having a 'bad' day today, ignore me and my miserableness!

Iignore me and my miserableness!

Nope, sorry. Doesn't work like that. We're not letting you go til you feel better. Simples
images

KittenKat said:
I'm sure I'll be fine, just all very daunting at the moment and much as I don't like him very much right now, still can't get my head around my life without him in it.

Think I'm just having a 'bad' day today, ignore me and my miserableness!

Won't ignore you hunny, everyone has off days, I know you'll be fine!!! Take care x

KittenKat said:

Go out, find a bus stop, buy a day ticket and just get on any random bus! You'll be amazed at the places you'll find! Pack a picnic and food is sorted too.
You definitely need a hobby though for when you can't be bothered to leave the house!
I would love to have my weekends free all to myself! I'm jealous. I have to work instead :(

Thanks everyone, you've all made me smile :)

I've just been over to the new place during my lunch break to drop another few bits and pieces off and am feeling more positive again. Still not sure where I'm going to put everything though!

I do have a few hobbies that I can do while I am at home on my own - reading, cross stitch, online gaming (though that's something I used to do with the ex, so not sure how I'll feel about logging back in and having to see him, but it was 3+ years of my life and I'm not sure I want to walk away from all of my hard work!), etc. Plus I have tons of dvds that I can re-watch. Maybe I should start at A and work my way through to Z eh?! ;) And no doubt I'll treat myself to a dvd tv box set per month, as and when something I want is on a cheapy offer!

Why do I get the feeling I'm going to go from being someone who watches very little tv, to someone who watches all the soaps, etc?! Oh well, who cares! And, once I get the code for the wireless network, I'll be on here rather a lot in the evenings too I should think!

Thanks everyone, don't know what I'd do without you lot! Last evening with ex around, and no work tomorrow so I can get everything packed up... might have to stop off and get a bottle of wine for myself for this evening! Should be going to Group tonight but mights give it a miss and then go to my new Group on Monday instead :)

Hi KittenKat

I joined an Outdoor Group which does all sorts of things like meals out, walks, cycling etc. Perhaps join a book club at your local library. Possibly the things I have mentioned are not what you like but there are some clubs out there which I am sure you would like. I've made loads of friends now and it gives me such a boost knowing that I have an event to look forward to.

Dear boss,
I know it's a pain for you that my lo's school rang and asked me to pick her up cause she's ill but as a mum you should know how it feels.
I do feel bad letting you down, especially after I volunteered for the shift, but if you keep ringing constantly to see if I can find someone to babysit so I can come back in work I'm going to start ignoring my phone.
Do you really expect me to leave my sick child with someone else while I come and work my stupid minimum wage dead end job? No, I wouldn't do it for a million quid.
Now please just go away.

I think I'll have a go at this ......

Dear parent in the playground ,
Why have you and your partner got a nice new pair of new shoes each when your children are going to school with shoes that are falling apart ? Yes your feet look lovely in them but your childrens feet are soaking wet through and have seen better days !!!
Gggrrr really winds me up

Dear mr High almighty consultant......

How dare you send a letter to my GP referring to me as ''This morbidly obese women'' I HAVE A NAME you know. Don't you look past my size? Its not as if i was referred to you for something that has anything remotely to do with my weight. what business is it of yours that i am over weight you were supposed to be finding out if i am bleeding internally but all you could see was my size. Dont you know how upsetting it is to be refereed to as ''this morbidly obese women''? I could call you '' this alcoholic Dr (yes i could smell it on your breath) but i wouldn't because you might be offended.

Yes i am offended, very offended. Do you know how much i hate looking like this and how hard i try to change. Do you know that 6 years ago i was running marathons and was probably fitter than you will ever be. Do you know what it feels like to have your health taken away in a day and all hope of ever having it back again. Do you know what it feels like to loose the will to live and to fight just to get through the next day? Do you know what it takes to get your life back together so you are able to face the fact that you FAT but just maybe you can do something about it. Do you know what it feels like to have kids call you names and taunt you in the street and to have to fight the tears back.

You should know better, your supposed to be caring but you have made me a blubbering wreck. :cry:
Thanks for putting me back to where i was a year ago. THANKS A LOT alcoholic Dr.

Oh whats the point?:cry:

Back