Unthoughtful people!

Yup, I am prone to being overly harsh on myself, but I am slowly trying to learn that I am not a total waste of space, as I too sometimes try on everything I own, get myself into a right bubbly mess, then refuse to leave the house, instead opting to wallow in self pity. Not pretty, and certainly not clever. But some days it feels like the best option.

But Shirleen is right, we are all wonderful, beautiful people :D

Now, lets do a happy clappy dance :D :D

I think what I was thinking of when I read Shirleen's post was the thread about an article concerning a woman who weighed 50st (I think) and wanted to get bigger. She saw herself as sexy and whilst I'm not going to say she was healthy in body or mind, the reaction of people posting saying she looked hideous made me cringe as I'd hate for someone who was a similar size to come on here and feel they were hideous and ugly as a person. It can be really demoralising to have those negative thoughts about yourself. Maybe I'm personalising it and because I have those thoughts presume everyone else does, but the hardest part of this battle isn't food, but emotions and attitudes.

I think we all deserve respect for wanting to be healthier, happier people regardless of how far (or not) we have to go to get there.

People who put their feet on train seats. Get some manners and stop it!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

Sassia said:
People who put their feet on train seats. Get some manners and stop it!

Sent from my Desire HD using MiniMins

I work in a restaurant and people are forever putting their feet up on the seats. Were forever politely telling them to take them off!

I understand what you mean, to be honest I just really hate the way people describe themselves full stop! Some of the usernames make me cringe too. I'm sorry I used the word 'only' I realise now that I was undermining your battle.
My catchphrase on here seems to be 'don't be so hard on yourself' and I think we are all yoo harsh, in our words, our expectations, our opinion on what the world sees, our imagining what the world thinks! We all need to lighten up and accept that we are beautiful women, and you ARE beautiful, ask your mum/dad/hubby/ child/dog/best friend or just take my word for it!

Im glad you've taken it the way I meant it and not as an attack!
I know what you mean about some peoples names on the site though :(

(I do also think a few times it may be attention seeking, as i know someone who would do such a thing, but shhhhh, I didnt say that!)

laura4988 said:
Im glad you've taken it the way I meant it and not as an attack!
I know what you mean about some peoples names on the site though :(

(I do also think a few times it may be attention seeking, as i know someone who would do such a thing, but shhhhh, I didnt say that!)

I'm able to accept that I'm wrong sometimes! Just dont tell my husband! Lol

Dear cold,

Please stop filling my facial orifices full of snot, and making me be a mouth breather. And why hasn't the world stopped revolving considering I have you, cold? It always stops revolving when him indoors has a visit from you...... :D

Thanks muchly x

Dear weather.

Could you not have given me a bit of warning before you went all cold on me? I have storage heating so i can't just turn it on & its freezing in my flat. I am currently sat under a duvet fully clothed, and my fingers are almost purple.

More notice required next time please!!

Dear cold,

Please stop filling my facial orifices full of snot, and making me be a mouth breather. And why hasn't the world stopped revolving considering I have you, cold? It always stops revolving when him indoors has a visit from you...... :D

Thanks muchly x

Copy to: my cold

dear so called best friends, stop being such snobby cows and making me feel like the poor friend. you think i've probably changed cos i've lost weight but i think you'll find its you two making me feel like crap. how times have changed!! :(

Dear son.

I love you more than life but not more than sleep. Please stay in your own bed tonight and sleep ALL night. I do not want a visit at 12.33am, a call out at 2.47am, to be informed at 3.22am that you have lost your pillow or at 4.17am that your nappy has leaked and your bed is wet.
It is bad enough that I have to share my bed and duvet with your father without having you try to climb in and inform me that you are going to fall off the edge of the bed and you don't have enough blanket and are therefore cold. Stay in your own bed and you wont fall out, you will have a whole duvet AND a fleecey blanket all to yourself, and I wont have to lose my temper at an ungodly hour known only to people who have to work nightshift.

Thank you,

Your loving mummy xxxxx.

P.S. the night does not end at 5.30am, it ends when MY alarm goes off at a slightly more reasonable 7am.

Dear husband.

I know for a fact that my name is not Mary, I was not alone in that hotel bedroom on our wedding night, and he is most definitely your child too. Take your sodding turn at 2.47, 3.22 or 4.17am. Do not complain that my getting out of bed is causing a draught, that you are tired and didnt get much sleep or wonder why i'm tired and grumpy when you give me a kick at 7.02am and ask for a cup of tea. Man up and face up to your responsibilities,

As ever,

your wife, mother of YOUR son

Dear son.

I love you more than life but not more than sleep. Please stay in your own bed tonight and sleep ALL night. I do not want a visit at 12.33am, a call out at 2.47am, to be informed at 3.22am that you have lost your pillow or at 4.17am that your nappy has leaked and your bed is wet.
It is bad enough that I have to share my bed and duvet with your father without having you try to climb in and inform me that you are going to fall off the edge of the bed and you don't have enough blanket and are therefore cold. Stay in your own bed and you wont fall out, you will have a whole duvet AND a fleecey blanket all to yourself, and I wont have to lose my temper at an ungodly hour known only to people who have to work nightshift.

Thank you,

Your loving mummy xxxxx.

P.S. the night does not end at 5.30am, it ends when MY alarm goes off at a slightly more reasonable 7am.

Dear husband.

I know for a fact that my name is not Mary, I was not alone in that hotel bedroom on our wedding night, and he is most definitely your child too. Take your sodding turn at 2.47, 3.22 or 4.17am. Do not complain that my getting out of bed is causing a draught, that you are tired and didnt get much sleep or wonder why i'm tired and grumpy when you give me a kick at 7.02am and ask for a cup of tea. Man up and face up to your responsibilities,

As ever,

Wow Kerry I could've wrote that about my son he does exactly the same but then he's up bright as a button at 6am & I'm going to work exhausted. I've also the added addition of the baby teething....oh the joys of motherhood! :8855:

Dear son.

Thank you,

Your loving mummy xxxxx.

Dear husband.

As ever,

Your Husband needs a kick up the arse! I would suggest he sleeps on the sofa, to stop him getting so disturbed! Or perhaps you sleep downstairs one night and let him do the night routine!

For your son, I guess if he's talking etc then he can start learning that night time is sleep time. Personally I would think about getting him a stair gate fro his bedroom door and a quiet play toy for when he wakes up early. Get him a digital clock and draw a picture of 7.00 so when it says 7.00 he can call you.

Shirleen said:
Your Husband needs a kick up the arse! I would suggest he sleeps on the sofa, to stop him getting so disturbed! Or perhaps you sleep downstairs one night and let him do the night routine!

For your son, I guess if he's talking etc then he can start learning that night time is sleep time. Personally I would think about getting him a stair gate fro his bedroom door and a quiet play toy for when he wakes up early. Get him a digital clock and draw a picture of 7.00 so when it says 7.00 he can call you.

I am going to buy one if those daytime/nightime clocks that light up with a sun at the time you set the alarm for. Unfortunately we live in a flat so no downstairs for me to hide. Hubby is a lazy sod and claims that our son just cries if he tries to settle him (true but a cop out, he would soon learn).

They are both in for a mega shock when we buy another. house!

Big bear you have my sympathies. Bad enough being up with one child. And yes my son is also bright as a lark at some ungodly hour leaving me like a zombie

I am going to buy one if those daytime/nightime clocks that light up with a sun at the time you set the alarm for. Unfortunately we live in a flat so no downstairs for me to hide. Hubby is a lazy sod and claims that our son just cries if he tries to settle him (true but a cop out, he would soon learn).

They are both in for a mega shock when we buy another. house!

Big bear you have my sympathies. Bad enough being up with one child. And yes my son is also bright as a lark at some ungodly hour leaving me like a zombie

I feel for you! My hubby has always been fantastic, but soft and wouldn't see that discipline is necessary so I ended up always the bad guy!
Next time it happens throw on the big light, wrench the quilt completely off the bed and tell him 'one up, all up, or take turns' bloody men!

Dear Boyfriend

Having a small 7syn chocolate bar during a bad day is not "naughty" they are my syns I'll use them on what I damn well please!
Grrrrrrr!!

Love
Lou

Dear silly woman who crashed into my car today

It wad clearly your fault, I had better things to do today than spend 2 hours in a&e on a spinal board being checked over and now I am really sore all over.

Luckily there were apparently witnesses who agree it was your fault and hopefully mr policeman agrees when he rings me tomorrow so I sort out the insurance.

I only passed my test a month and half ago and you have really knocked my confidence along with totalling my car

From
A very sore, shaken up little strawberry

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Little strawberry said:
Dear silly woman who crashed into my car today

It wad clearly your fault, I had better things to do today than spend 2 hours in a&e on a spinal board being checked over and now I am really sore all over.

Luckily there were apparently witnesses who agree it was your fault and hopefully mr policeman agrees when he rings me tomorrow so I sort out the insurance.

I only passed my test a month and half ago and you have really knocked my confidence along with totalling my car

From
A very sore, shaken up little strawberry

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hope you're ok chic xx

Back