Unthoughtful people!

dear Friend,
you tell me your dead upset, depressed in this relationship. you ask for advice an i tell you. yet you throw it back in my face, get annoyed that you told me your problems & not speak to me for over 3 weeks?!? WTF.

Very very ungrateful especially when i offered you a space under my roof!!

Jess<3 said:
dear Friend,
you tell me your dead upset, depressed in this relationship. you ask for advice an i tell you. yet you throw it back in my face, get annoyed that you told me your problems & not speak to me for over 3 weeks?!? WTF.

Very very ungrateful especially when i offered you a space under my roof!!

Oh dear sometimes it's hard to hear the truth but hope she comes to realise you were just being a good friend. Hope it gets sorted Jess<3.

Oh dear sometimes it's hard to hear the truth but hope she comes to realise you were just being a good friend. Hope it gets sorted Jess<3.

yeah she wants him to change but hasnt, keeps saying things will an its been well over 7 months. Now im the bad guy? dear me some people dont like to see whats in front of them..

Thanks peacelily xx

Dear OH,
Yes I know you've always wanted a black lab, even before we got our (apparently too gay looking for you to walk!) dog. And yes we have been thinking about getting another to keep him company. But after looking at puppies this last week we both decided that we couldn't really afford one as tax credits will be changing drastically in april. Then you decide to visit the re-homing centre yesterday and find a black lab.....who yes I agree was gorgeous and well trained etc.
OH, you are not thinking practically.....what happens on the odd occasion when I get called in to work all day (rather than just a few hours in the afternoon)? The little dog we have at the mo can go to my parents for the morning/afternoon, but you know their feelings on another dog. They are both not in the best of health and cannot walk for long, so they won't be able to take it for a walk.
OH, you have agreed to pay the pet insurance out of your account so I don't have to worry, but it's still at least £25 a month.
Please think practically, we just get by now on what money we have. Why make us struggle even more. There'd be no meals out, no cinema trips, definitely no camping trips......why miss out on these things just so you can walk a dog probably only once or twice a week. It'd be me doing everything else for it, long walk every morning then again in the evening while you're at work.
There's no need to walk off in a grump this morning when I said I had second thoughts about revisiting the re-homing centre today, saying that you knew I'd be like this and didn't want to talk about it. For gods sake you are a 37 year old grown man!!
Please think carefully about this.
Your future wife to be....mrstore x

Dear OH,
Yes I know you've always wanted a black lab, even before we got our (apparently too gay looking for you to walk!) dog. And yes we have been thinking about getting another to keep him company. But after looking at puppies this last week we both decided that we couldn't really afford one as tax credits will be changing drastically in april. Then you decide to visit the re-homing centre yesterday and find a black lab.....who yes I agree was gorgeous and well trained etc.
OH, you are not thinking practically.....what happens on the odd occasion when I get called in to work all day (rather than just a few hours in the afternoon)? The little dog we have at the mo can go to my parents for the morning/afternoon, but you know their feelings on another dog. They are both not in the best of health and cannot walk for long, so they won't be able to take it for a walk.
OH, you have agreed to pay the pet insurance out of your account so I don't have to worry, but it's still at least £25 a month.
Please think practically, we just get by now on what money we have. Why make us struggle even more. There'd be no meals out, no cinema trips, definitely no camping trips......why miss out on these things just so you can walk a dog probably only once or twice a week. It'd be me doing everything else for it, long walk every morning then again in the evening while you're at work.
There's no need to walk off in a grump this morning when I said I had second thoughts about revisiting the re-homing centre today, saying that you knew I'd be like this and didn't want to talk about it. For gods sake you are a 37 year old grown man!!
Please think carefully about this.
Your future wife to be....mrstore x

my bf wants a big drooly dog too - a bull mastiff (whatever the hell they are!!).

bear in mind that a) we dont live together 'officially' and he is expecting the dog to live at mine, b) i am ALLERGIC to dogs, c) we cant afford to feed one and pay for its vet bills/insurance d) I dont want to be the one having to walk it, wash it, clean up its mess e) i live in a flat!!! etc etc etc etc

sparty said:
my bf wants a big drooly dog too - a bull mastiff (whatever the hell they are!!).

bear in mind that a) we dont live together 'officially' and he is expecting the dog to live at mine, b) i am ALLERGIC to dogs, c) we cant afford to feed one and pay for its vet bills/insurance d) I dont want to be the one having to walk it, wash it, clean up its mess e) i live in a flat!!! etc etc etc etc

Men!!!! ;)

Dear Parents,

It may be my second week of SW, but that does NOt mean you can 2sneak" olive oil into my food without telling me. I know you don't like Fry Light but i did say that if it was an issue I would cook for myself - that is not a problem. What IS a problem is the fact I have not lost any weight at all this week...and i am thinking perhaps it is down to the gravy granules, ketchup, brown sauce and olive oil you are slipping into my food - causing me to go over nearly 5 syns per day! GRRRRRRR.

RedLady1991 said:
Dear Parents,

It may be my second week of SW, but that does NOt mean you can 2sneak" olive oil into my food without telling me. I know you don't like Fry Light but i did say that if it was an issue I would cook for myself - that is not a problem. What IS a problem is the fact I have not lost any weight at all this week...and i am thinking perhaps it is down to the gravy granules, ketchup, brown sauce and olive oil you are slipping into my food - causing me to go over nearly 5 syns per day! GRRRRRRR.

How about counting those Syns as a given? Allow five Syns for what they sneak into your foods... Just a thought...xx

RedLady1991 said:
Dear Parents,

I would do as sleepytimesadie says and cut back other syns to 10 a day to compensate.
However unless you only have a little but to lose I doubt if 100 cals a day extra will effect your weight loss.

Read your books again, fill in your food diary HONESTLY and then evaluate.
Remember if you're doing EE then 1/3 of EVERY meal must be superfree that's with your meal not after.
So if you're having a yogurt have fruit with it (i now have sweetened Greek natural yogurt as I prefer this with fruit).
If you can't add it to your plate have a mug if superfree soup beforehand. But I can't think of any meal you can't have SF with.

I would do as sleepytimesadie says and cut back other syns to 10 a day to compensate.
However unless you only have a little but to lose I doubt if 100 cals a day extra will effect your weight loss.

Read your books again, fill in your food diary HONESTLY and then evaluate.
Remember if you're doing EE then 1/3 of EVERY meal must be superfree that's with your meal not after.
So if you're having a yogurt have fruit with it (i now have sweetened Greek natural yogurt as I prefer this with fruit).
If you can't add it to your plate have a mug if superfree soup beforehand. But I can't think of any meal you can't have SF with.

I try and make sure i do this as much as possible, like a banana with my toast...but thanks for the advice, i will do my best to help myself if that makes sense. Would my weight loss be boosted if i had over 1.3 of my meals as superfree?

How about counting those Syns as a given? Allow five Syns for what they sneak into your foods... Just a thought...xx

Good idea, however they were reassuring me that the meals didnt have those products in, i just feel like they think it doesnt matter!

RedLady1991 said:
I try and make sure i do this as much as possible, like a banana with my toast...but thanks for the advice, i will do my best to help myself if that makes sense. Would my weight loss be boosted if i had over 1.3 of my meals as superfree?

Good idea, however they were reassuring me that the meals didnt have those products in, i just feel like they think it doesnt matter!

Definitely!!!!

RedLady1991 said:

People don't think it will hurt that don't 'do' the eating plan... Best to just assume they have added naughties rather than make a fuss, or just make your own until they get the idea... Xx

Yeah, you are right. They didnt think i would lose weight on the plan anyway, so when i came back after one week with 5.5lbs lost they were surprised (so was i lol)...but then i just maintained this week and though theyve been supportive i worry they think it isnt working.

I lost 1.5lb my first week, and STS my second week, but I kept going. In 15 weeks I've now lost 18lb and dropped a jeans size! And that 15 weeks included a week away all inclusive and a weekend away to a wedding. I still have 77.5lb to go but I'm heading in the right direction!

Don't give up, keep going, keep reading your book and keep an honest diary of everything you've eaten. You can do it :)

i just replied to your post on the newbies thread. You've given me a little bit of confidence that it WILL work. Guess i just expected to see more of a change in myself, but Rome wasn't built in a day and all that :)

ColJack said:
Yes there is, manners and chivalry..
I was bought up right......

Bless you ColJack, but let's face it. Us women's re completely mental & irrationyou as much as men are lazy/irresponsibyou thoughtless (delete as appropriate. You should definitely be calling us on it. Equality goes both ways dude :)

On that note

Dear little sister

You have a perfectly serviceable car that fits your entire family in it. You pay an exorbitant rate for that car. You told me you can't sell it as you wouldn't get enough to pay the finance off. You told me you can't afford to pay more off this car. If you did you'd end up noting being able to feed your kids.

You told me this on Thursday.

So why, pray tell, are you sacrificing the £200 a month mobility payment you get to get a new shiny car? Not to replace the current one, but in addition to it? Did I miss something? Did you miraculous come across a pot of money in the intervening 24 hours that will feed your children? I sincerely hope so, because I meant it when I said I will not 'lend' ( cos you NEVER pay back) any money if you did this.

You most exasperated elder sister

GRRR i help my sister & boyfriend out, pay debt off yet its been almost a year with NOTHING payed back'!!!

Back