Up calories down pounds plan ;)

Oh Pingu I hope you're ok!

Try and pick yourself up and remember exactly why you are doing this!

Like Shanny says you're back at school in September and wouldn't it be nice in those weeks to really go for it! You're doing so well! Don't give up now!

Ruth
x

Pingu sweetie

You are so not alone. I have gorged today on an UD - I was full after eating fish and chips at lunchtime (rule 23 - do not go to the cafe on a Friday), so of course the old habits stomped all over my consciousness and I then had cake and a chocolate - and now I'm drinking red wine (with mates).

My clinch moments are usually about having too much time to forage; yet today I was busy but desk bound so ate for England. It happens to us all, hun, don't be down - just get back on plan when you're ready xxx

Big hugs :hug99:

If you're struggling with DD calories, don't forget that what you've calculated as your DD allowance is 20% of your UD allowance - that's the lowest setting on Dr J's calculator. But weight loss mode goes up to 40% or even 45% of your UD allowance, which means you can still legitimately call it a DD if you have 800-900 calories. If striving to keep to 500 calories is really hard - go a bit higher, maybe up to 800 cals, at least until you're in the swing of things. You'll still lose weight. Give it a whirl. That's how I first managed to get going with this WOE.

Hope you're ok!!

Have a lovely weekend!

Ruth
X

If you find you are struggling with your DD s at the moment then just do a few IM s until you feel ready for the DD s again, Its hard when you have other stresses as it seems like an extra stress on top of everything else!! If you just IM for a few days then you won't be failing or gaining, just give yourself sometime if thats what you need. VLCD are hard all day every day, the losses may be big but so are the gains when you stop,at least with Juddd you can eat nice things every other day! time goes so quickly hun I am losing a 1lb a week at the moment but its coming off not going on and I am happy with that, remember the tortoise and the hare and you are not even a tortoise you have lost a great amount xx

Tortoises have a better success rate when it comes to diets hun, so agree with that one lol. I did what you said, had a few days off, think it helped me go off the rails completely.:)

OHhhh dear.. CG :( this diet suits you alot. You have proved you can do it so what's up. ? Take Jo's advice now CG and try harder because come September u are back at school. With no weight loss don't waste this time Hun.

Post more often if needs be but don't go back to a vlcd cuz our time with these diets are OVER.!!!
Big hugs xxx

Shanny :D Yes vlcd days are so over, just tempting you know. The school thing has given me a wake up call, need to be healthy for next year.

I have had a bit of a bad week with my UP s too Pingu, probably looking at a gain at very best a sts, I am a saint on my DD s but I have been awful on my UPs . Not that I am the most restrained anyway but usually my DD s cancell them out but I knew from early on in the week I needed to be careful but all I have done is sabotage myself on my UPs grrrr. But I will be good on my DD today and pray for a STS and then next week need to plan my UPs a bit better and see how I go. So please don't give up. Have the weekend off as you have the wedding etc and come back monday with a fresh perspective, shanny is right about the VLCD hun xx
Enjoy the wedding and I will be here for you Monday , we can do this xx

Thank you Jo you are a star:)

Oh Pingu I hope you're ok!

Try and pick yourself up and remember exactly why you are doing this!

Like Shanny says you're back at school in September and wouldn't it be nice in those weeks to really go for it! You're doing so well! Don't give up now!

Ruth
x

Picking myself up promise:p

Pingu sweetie

You are so not alone. I have gorged today on an UD - I was full after eating fish and chips at lunchtime (rule 23 - do not go to the cafe on a Friday), so of course the old habits stomped all over my consciousness and I then had cake and a chocolate - and now I'm drinking red wine (with mates).

My clinch moments are usually about having too much time to forage; yet today I was busy but desk bound so ate for England. It happens to us all, hun, don't be down - just get back on plan when you're ready xxx

Big hugs :hug99:

Thanks, UP days are tougher than DD days I think, weird cos I'd have expected it to be the other way around when I first started. :)

If you're struggling with DD calories, don't forget that what you've calculated as your DD allowance is 20% of your UD allowance - that's the lowest setting on Dr J's calculator. But weight loss mode goes up to 40% or even 45% of your UD allowance, which means you can still legitimately call it a DD if you have 800-900 calories. If striving to keep to 500 calories is really hard - go a bit higher, maybe up to 800 cals, at least until you're in the swing of things. You'll still lose weight. Give it a whirl. That's how I first managed to get going with this WOE.

Thanks Lily, thats brilliant advice, and I really needed that hug. Not good with the maths but kinda get it now:bighug:
Hope you're ok!!

Have a lovely weekend!

Ruth
X

Do i need to text you??? :p missy xx

Hope you're ok Pingu!!!

Ruth
X

Thank you lovely Ruth:) Shanny Im back, panic over!:D:p

I really appreciate all your lovely messages and Im sorry I didn't reply before, been a bit low and didn't wanna bring my problems on here which is stupid because thats what the diary is for:sigh: Anyway so while Ive been off plan Ive noticed a few weird things;

1. My cravings are worst for food when I ovulate (I track my cycle pretty well for no real particular reason).

2. My weight has STS for at least 4-5 days despite my eating being very UP shall we say, certainly no counting cals or health foods.

3. My body shape has not altered much since I went off plan, sort of been the same to me.

So, I'm up 0.4lbs this week which is quite shocking for me as I gain daily when I eat the way I have been doing. I can only put it down to being on this plan, if only for a short while. It seems to have stabilised my weight and Ive realised I need to let go of the scales and obsessing with the numbers on JUDDD, because my body shape changing and overall health is a better indicator that its working. As I am a firm believer in BMI it sort of throws the whole 'plan' into the air but Im willing to do that because the results are there to see! Even though nobody has noticed so far my clothes fit better and I was more energetic and clear mentally and thats what matters I guess.
I would be interested in hearing if anyone else finds a slight weight gain or cravings increased during their ovulation period. Seem to lose it quite a bit during that time, mood wise and just general irritability level.

Anyway, thanks for being there for me, off to bed now but will catch up with your inspirational diaries tomorrow.

:)

PS. DD tomorrow:rolleyes:

Lovely to hear your feeling more positive about things and I posted earlier on Phoenyx s diary about the strange things Juddd does to your body and how your body changes shape despite the scales being slow to move? DD for me too tomorrow and I will be around if you need me x

Lovely to hear your feeling more positive about things and I posted earlier on Phoenyx s diary about the strange things Juddd does to your body and how your body changes shape despite the scales being slow to move? DD for me too tomorrow and I will be around if you need me x

Will need you :) See you tomorrow, night Jo x

ladyfelsham said:
Morning!

DD for me too today, really looking forward to it, especially after a carb fest yesterday.

Oooh carb fests have been a daily routine for me last week so totally need a DD! We can do this....right? :( going ok for now, just had a Atkins bar 135 cals and soleros bought but thy didnt have the berry ones in sains!!! Think Jo made everyone buy them and thy ran out lol x

Those soleros are lovely, not surprised Jo had a fancy for them :D

If it helps, on my DDs I tend to have mostly veg - and not much processed stuff - I find I tend to feel fuller for longer :)

That's exactly what I planned for dinner. Lots of veg I think. Do u stirfry or steam?

Pingu6 said:
That's exactly what I planned for dinner. Lots of veg I think. Do u stirfry or steam?

Stir fry yum!!

Hope you're ok Pingu!

Chin up :)

Ruth
X

:) thank you Ruth! Chin up so far nearly done a DD woo! Just need to get through the evening. Hardest time!

Pingu6 said:
:) thank you Ruth! Chin up so far nearly done a DD woo! Just need to get through the evening. Hardest time!

Awww well done!!!
I know what you mean about it being difficult in the evening!

Ruth
X

Evening Pingu, I am so sorry I havent caught up with you till now after promising I would be around :( my internet connection is playing up so I keep posting and losing my posts , anyway well done so far, just keep telling yourself its only a couple more hours and its done, have a nice bath to waste some time that always helps if I am struggling, I have been so busy today I havent even had time to think about food, I don't know where the day has gone, keep up the good work and think how pleased you will be when the day is over xxx

Aw that's ok Jo! Thanks :) I did get through yesterday I am soooo proud of myself for getting through it. Solero helped!

Here are the numbers eeeeeee! Love love love JUDDD!!! <3

Week 1 ~ 237.4 to 229.4 -8lbs :D
Week 2 ~ 229.4 to 226.6 -2.8lbs :D
Week 3 (after a 1lb gain off plan) +1 so...
227 to 225 -2bs SO FAR!!! :D

Well done you, I think the feeling of achievement you get after a good DD makes up for having so little to eat, Soleros are the best aren't they ;)

Back