Total Solution Violet's Exante Diary : Getting To Goal

You need to jump on the scales to see how your doing really Violet. It gives you a guide to your loss. Don't be on them all the time, but weighing once a week is adequate.
I always mix the shakes with more water. I've had 3 of the soups, veg, tomato and basil and mushroom. Tomato is my least favourite. The other two are quite nice and better than I expected.
I'm in ketosis now so thats a relief.
How are you doing today?

Mandy

You need to jump on the scales to see how your doing really Violet. It gives you a guide to your loss. Don't be on them all the time, but weighing once a week is adequate.
I always mix the shakes with more water. I've had 3 of the soups, veg, tomato and basil and mushroom. Tomato is my least favourite. The other two are quite nice and better than I expected.
I'm in ketosis now so thats a relief.
How are you doing today?

Mandy

Well I hopped on the scales earlier and I'm 1lb down from my last weight in 2 Saturdays ago. I didn't want to weigh in last Saturday incase I had a gain or sts, so to be a 1lb down, It either means I gained and lost it or I would've had a sts on Saturday...either way, I'm happy with that!...I'll have a proper weigh in this Saturday and record that weight, so hopefully a 2-3lb loss :D

It's funny about getting into ketosis, as I just don't feel any change in myself, I know the hunger goes, but I have such weird food habits that hunger doesn't bother me at times..I don't remember the last time I felt real hunger, all I sometimes get is the emotional/brain hunger, just the need to eat, but not the physical hunger.

So far today I've had one hot banana shake, that was around 4.30 ish. Will have another shake around 7-8ish followed by a bar around 9pm.

I did have a couple of mouthfulls of egg mayo earlier, I was doing the kids some egg mayo bagels and it just ended up in my mouth grrrrr!!

Well thats good going Violet. Just keep going.
Don't forget to measure yourself every so often, even if the scales aren't saying your losing much the inches will be coming down, it helps stay motivated.

Mandy

I had planned on taking several photo's and doing measurements, I just keep forgetting about it! I think I will take some measurements in the morning.

I know I'm shrinking due to the clothes, but I've noticed a big difference in my bra size, I can comfortably where a 42 now, without it digging in and making me sore. I've always had a chest on me and a broad back and I've always hated bra shopping as they never had the nice bras in my size, this time I know I'm going to be able to get nice undies ;)

I've had a melt down today, I had cheese and quite a bit of it.. I just don't know what's wrong with me, I actually feel like I could cry :( I think my head tells me that if I've slipped up a little once or twice, that it doesn't matter I may as well carry on sabotaging myself, even though the real me knows I don't need to (if that makes sense)

I have to face the scales tomorrow and I really don't want to do it, just in case those few slips ups affect me, if I see a gain or an sts It just makes me feel so bad, and I don't want to feel like that.. I wish loosing weight was easier, I wish I didn't have a problem with food.

Seeing as I've decided to take measurements tomorrow, I've decided I'm not going to weigh in again, I just don't want to face my slip ups.

I last recorded my weight on the 20th, I didn't weigh in last week due to slipping up, so I plan to weigh in on the 10th, have a 100% week first then record and update tickers.

Tomorrow is the start of a 100% week, I will continue as normal for the rest of today ( damn that fricken cheese)

Well after my meltdown the last week and a bit, enough is enough now, I've got stop messing, get myself out of this flunk that I'm in and pull myself together, I can do this, I know I can and I've to stop the self sabotage!

I didn't weigh in today, I don't want to know, so I'll weigh in next Saturday and then continue as normal. By next Saturday, i would've had a (here's hoping) 100% week and I should see good numbers on the scales :)

I've lost nearly 6 stone and I just can't get my head around that, I don't see it, and I think if I had took photo's and measurements it would've helped, as I love to see the numbers going down. I had planned on doing that today, but I ran into a snag, so I'm going to be doing measurements tomorrow and hopefully photo's if I can remember how to work the timer on the camera ;)

I'm also going to start writing in my weight loss diary again, I know I have this but putting pen to paper seems to get things out of my head and I feel better.

Having a good day so far, will record food later today :)

Todays food

2.00pm: Vanilla shake made hot
7.00pm: Chocolate shake made hot
8.00pm: SF chocolate crisp bar

Dr Pepper zero x 4 glasses
cups of tea made with semi skimmed milk and canderel x 5

bunny_hops said:
Todays food

2.00pm: Vanilla shake made hot
7.00pm: Chocolate shake made hot
8.00pm: SF chocolate crisp bar

Dr Pepper zero x 4 glasses
cups of tea made with semi skimmed milk and canderel x 5

Doing great violet :) hope tomorrow goes well too :)

course you can do it hun :D

so admire you for losing so much weight already.:clap::clap::clap:

go to the charity shop and get yourself something in your new size and see how you feel when you look in the mirror.:eek:

Well done Violet, you should be proud of yourself. 6 stone is a massive amount of weight to lose. I'm glad to hear your feeling positive and have started your diary. I like writing down my day, food and feelings. I find it really helps.

Mandy

Doing great violet :) hope tomorrow goes well too :)

Me too hun, thanks :)

course you can do it hun :D

so admire you for losing so much weight already.:clap::clap::clap:

go to the charity shop and get yourself something in your new size and see how you feel when you look in the mirror.:eek:

But it's oh so hard hun!! It's nice to have you back, hope you're doing ok now :)

Well done Violet, you should be proud of yourself. 6 stone is a massive amount of weight to lose. I'm glad to hear your feeling positive and have started your diary. I like writing down my day, food and feelings. I find it really helps.

Mandy

Thanks Mandy, I like writing things down, it really helps, my mind is always whirling, even more so on tfr..don't know why, I'm also forgetfull at the moment lol!

I had a great day yesterday. My mum took my two boys to a Blue Cross fate, I stayed behind and had time to myself , which I needed, as much as I love those Blue Cross fates, as I wasn't in the mood for food stalls and the sight of homemade cakes and icecreams. The kids had a lovely time though, they watched dog shows, birds of prey and held lizards, ferrets and other things.

They played various games, went on go karts, had icecreams and played fair games. My youngest came home with a giant Gizmo, a Gromit and a little hedgehog :D

I've been to my ex's today with my eldest, I hate going, but it's just once a week, I'm glad to be home now. The kids have gone to my mums for dinner so I'm having a bit of a chill out on the sofa, going to take my measurements now and have a shake.

It's nice to have a little 'me' time without the kids.
They sound as if they had a great time.
I can sympathise with the ex situation. Been there myself, I have 2 daughters to my first husband and that situation wasn't great.
Hope your measuring goes well as i'm sure it will.

Mandy

Day 2 of my 100% week done.. saw 3 eggs in the fridge and thought hmmmm, an egg wouldn't hurt, but soon talked myself out of that one :) I will not cave! My youngest came home from his nans with a little chomp and a fudge,I got a sniff of it, I hate that chocolate smells so good!

3.00pm: Vanilla shake made hot
7.30pm: Chocolate shake made hot
9.00pm: SF chocolate crisp bar

x3 Dr Pepper zero
x5 cups of tea made with semi skimmed milk and canderel

Hi Violet
Just had a quick read through your Exante journey so far - well done getting back to doing it 100% this week! I have a son to cook for too and its soooo hard, especially when I have to check how hot his food is without accidentally eating it!
I've been a bit hit and miss this last couple of weeks, AAM week ended up in snacking on all sorts of things and a bit of a cheese binge, then a weekend carb-fest... why is it that even when we're not hungry food is just so tempting! I can be thinking "I really don't want to eat this" even as I'm shovelling it into my mouth!
Anyway, good luck, you can do this! Look forward to seeing your weigh in after your 100% week
LED x

It's nice to have a little 'me' time without the kids.
They sound as if they had a great time.
I can sympathise with the ex situation. Been there myself, I have 2 daughters to my first husband and that situation wasn't great.
Hope your measuring goes well as i'm sure it will.

Mandy

I hate the ex, I just can't believe I even went there...urgh! He's not been a permanent fixture for my son, only when it suits him, my lad doesn't seem to care less really...I just keep the peace and play along. My younger lad, he's never met his dad, we split when I was early into the pregancy, another looser!...I'm gonna bag me a good un one day :)

Have you weighed?

good luck x

Thanks Emma :)

Hi Violet
Just had a quick read through your Exante journey so far - well done getting back to doing it 100% this week! I have a son to cook for too and its soooo hard, especially when I have to check how hot his food is without accidentally eating it!
I've been a bit hit and miss this last couple of weeks, AAM week ended up in snacking on all sorts of things and a bit of a cheese binge, then a weekend carb-fest... why is it that even when we're not hungry food is just so tempting! I can be thinking "I really don't want to eat this" even as I'm shovelling it into my mouth!
Anyway, good luck, you can do this! Look forward to seeing your weigh in after your 100% week
LED x

Thanks for the encouragement LED :) My AAM week went the exact same way, I'm going to be better prepared this time round. It is hard when you've got to check food for the kids, it's hard not to swallow that little mouthful :(

I'm doing ok so far today, haven't had my first shake yet, as I don't feel I need it yet. My youngest had some sweets earlier, I had 1 teeny jelly bean, 3 teeny dolly mixture squares and 1 jelly baby. I know it won't make much difference, but I wish I hadn't had it! :(

Last edited:
I've never been a water drinker, pre Exante I was having a good 3-4litres a day of the flavoured stuff, now that's not allowed I'm really struggling to drink just plain water. I've really got try harder at this!

The measuring went to pot yesterday, it's hard trying to find the right place to measure your arm and measure it without any help, I gave up with it, I was just making myself mad...damn tape was everywhere..think I'll forget the arms and just measure the chest, hips and waist :)

Day 3 of my 100% week has gone well, with the exception of earlier, less said about that the better.

4.00pm: Strawberry shake made hot
8.00pm: Chocolate shake made hot
9.00pm: SF chocolate crisp bar

x2 glasses of coke zero
x2 5 cups of tea made with semi skimmed milk and canderel

Hey Violet
A lot of people do have flavoured water while doing Exante - there's a list of ones that are allowed on the 'what to drink' sticky, plus there are the Exante water flavourings (which are a bit of an acquired taste but definitely start to taste better after a few days of Exante!)
Well done getting back on with it - do you notice any reaction to sweets now? I had one mouthful of cake the other day and it seemed so sweet, and made my head feel a bit funny almost immediately. Hoping I've become allergic to it, that would make maintaining weight post-Exante a lot easier!

i can defo recommend The Beck Diet Solution book, I had read about it in some of the other diaries on here so got a copy. It really helps overcome cravings and stop eating when you dont really need / want to (main reason im a fatty)....i picked up a cheap copy on amazon.

im prepared to try anything to help me lose the weight and so far its working - ive lost 29lbs in 6 weeks!!! can t believe it!

Back