Total Solution Violet's Exante Diary : Getting To Goal

Day 4 already!.. Had chocolate shake for breakfast, I've now tried all the shakes and they're lovely, I haven't added anything to them, but I think I'm going to make them with 400mls of water to stretch them a bit.

Had a long day at the hospital with my eldest so I didn't get lunch until 4pm ish, I had the mushroom pack, I didn't attempt to make it into a soup as I knew I wouldn't get it down so I mixed a bit with water into a paste and nuked it for a short while, it was much easier to get down this way and nothing went to waste. I know it's not the right way of doing it but I've got 4 soups left (I had the variety pack)so I'm going to nuke them all, then just get shakes for 2 a day and mix between Asda and Exante bars.

I'm not sure if I'm in ketosis, but I think i could be heading that way, I must be surely? I did feel like I wanted food around 2-3pm, but maybe that was my head telling me I did and not my actual stomach?

I was in Asda, getting a few bits and I think seeing the food and planning the kids tea made me think I wanted food..

I saw a variety of multipack chocolate bars on offer, I really wanted to pick a pack up and demolish the lot, but I didn't, I was sooo tempted I could've quite easily have done, nothing to stop me from doing it.. no diet police... then I realized that it's me that has to stop myself... this is all me, and realizing that was quite hard hitting..

Have had a long day, looking forward to my bar later and a cup of tea :)

Day 5 and I'm sure there must be something wrong, I've not had any of the side effects, and I've not felt anything that describes me going into ketosis..I wasn't feeling hungry on day 1, the packs were suiting me and my past diet habits mean I can go without food... but I was kind of expecting to feel something... I forgot those damn keto sticks again, I'll definitely get some the weekend, just to put my mind at ease.

Had a bit of boo boo earlier, I was doing the kids dinner, and a few small spoons of scrambled egg went in my mouth, followed by a few spoons of apple pie :( :( I wasn't hungry, I just did it...old habits die hard :(

Will be 100% tomorrow :)

Day 6 and today has been 100% nothing illegal has passed my lips, nothing but Exante packs...I feel good about that, and the weird tummy rumbling has almost gone, I don't feel hunger, but my food addiction is still there, but it seems easier...I'm loving this tfr :)

Next weeks packs are coming tomorrow, I've ordered all shakes this time, I haven't ordered any bars, as I have 4 or 5 left plus I've 3 boxes of Asda bars too.

Definitely feeling more tired the last few days, hopefully I'll have a bit more energy soon :)

Day 7 Had a lovely shake for breakfast, although I had it around lunch time and nuked my last vegetable soup around 3pm ish. Have 1 more soup left, think I'll save that and then switch to all shakes tomorrow, looking forward to my bar later, and a glass of Dr Pepper :)

I have my first weigh in tomorrow, I've just had a sneaky look at it says I've only lost 5lbs :( I was expecting something a bit bigger really, but I always weight heavier in the evenings, so maybe I'll be a pound or so lighter in the morning, hope so..

I think maybe the few tit bits I've ate may have done something to the losses or maybe it's the milk in my tea, or maybe I've not drunk enough, maybe it was the 3lb I lost the week before, I dunno... but I was sure I would loose at least 7lbs in the first week :(

I've just are some leftovers from the kids plate, popcorn chicken... I peeled off the bread crumbs and just ate the chicken..wasn't hungry at all, didn't really want it and now I feel like I'm letting myself down and hitting self destruct.. and I feel like crap for eating it! :mad:

I think what's made things a little difficult is the bloody soups, I've just not liked them at all, and I've barely been eating my lunch pack.

So starting afresh from tomorrow.

Breakfast shake before 10am,no more leaving it until gone 12pm and more.

measure out my milk, no more than 100mls a day! Meet my daily water allowance.. Hopefully I'll have a full week of 100% :D

Welcome aboard babe, i wish you every success with your Exante journey x

Thanks hun... I've just noticed we had the same starting weights :)

First weigh in and I've lost 8lbs, feels good but I know I could've done better! I will do this week :)

Feels great to update ticker :)

Morning BH

Just wanted to pop by and say you are doing great! We all have temptation but to still lose 8lbs in your first week is brilliant. Also I love you Keep Calm!!!! I have loads around the house, stickers, plaques, bags, apron etc but have never seen one like this........can you buy them??????

:wavey: x

hi hun just thought i would pop over and see how your getting on. Well done on the 8lb thats brilliant, really happy for you as i know how much it means to you.

Hi Rach, thanks hun so much hun,it's been hard, not as hard as what I thought but, I'm a lot more positive and I can see myself getting some more now, feeling like I'm unsticking myself from the mud!

Morning BH

Just wanted to pop by and say you are doing great! We all have temptation but to still lose 8lbs in your first week is brilliant. Also I love you Keep Calm!!!! I have loads around the house, stickers, plaques, bags, apron etc but have never seen one like this........can you buy them??????

:wavey: x

I like Keep Calm too, I have this one on a plaque, a friend got it me, I'll try to find out where it was from :)

My 2nd weight in today and I've lost 3lbs. I'm pleased with this, I think I expected more on a tfr but if I can keep that up weekly, I'd be more than happy. Why is we're never satisfied :p

I plan on being 100% all week this week, and really trying to up the water, I'm barely hitting 2litres, which is terrible for me, as I was having up to 5litres a day when I was having the flavoured water!

Been shopping this morning for a few things, nearly caved in Asda, the Mars, Snickers and Bounty multipacks are still only £1... I stood there gawping at them, people must think I'm mad lol!

But I figured that I'm better than a Bounty so quickly made my way to the measure up bars :)

23lbs to go and I've 100lbs loss :eek::eek: Never thought I'd give this far!

Time for a hot choclolate shake :)

I'm so annoyed with myself... why oh why!!!! I've had an excellent day, enjoying my shakes, well into the plan, not even hungry and then all hell broke loose :mad:

It all started with a jelly tot, a fricken jelly tot..which lead to another then something else, and then I just though ok, well now i've ruined it so I ate a bagel with cream cheese :cry::cry:

The way I've behaved I deserve to put those 3lbs I lost today on next weigh in, I'm gutted , I'm pissed off with myself, I'm stupid and I have to live with myself for what I've done.... my tummy doesn't seem to like it either...think my tummy doesn't like food so quick now :eek:

Thankfully I can go to bed soon, forget about what I've done and spend the rest of the week 100% abnd making up for what I've done.. I'll be gutted if I don't loose next week :(

Hi Violet, hope you find today easier! Think youre weight loss so far is great!
My 1st time of a vlcd and I think Id got caught up on here with all the 14lbs in a week stories and forgotten Im a notoriously slow looser!
So realligned my mind and expectations with the 14lbs in a month...how fantastic would that be??!! Only ever managed max of 7lbs a month on SW (even when younger and found it easier to loose!). So 3 stone in 3 months woweeee...how fab would that be!!??
Anyway have a better day today and good luck!

hiya Violet - just read your diary and want to say that you're doing so well and i'm really pleased for you hun :D

forget yesterday hun - you know that a few sweets and a bagel dont really count for much in the calorie stakes ;)

keep strong hun and you'll be amazed by how much you'll have lost for christmas.

i need a new knee and just losing the 2 stone has made such a difference to me - don't wake up in the middle of the night with the pain caused by my burning knee grinding against the other one:rolleyes:

we're all behind you mrs - show us how it's done :D :talk017:

Hiya Violet

I've just read your diary and wanted to wish you well for the rest of your journey x
Forget about yesterday, most of us have had days like that. The most important thing is that you pick yourself up and keep trying :D
Hope today's going well xx

I like Keep Calm too, I have this one on a plaque, a friend got it me, I'll try to find out where it was from :)

Thanks, I will have a google and see if I can find one...love it!!

x

Hi Violet, hope you find today easier! Think youre weight loss so far is great!
My 1st time of a vlcd and I think Id got caught up on here with all the 14lbs in a week stories and forgotten Im a notoriously slow looser!
So realligned my mind and expectations with the 14lbs in a month...how fantastic would that be??!! Only ever managed max of 7lbs a month on SW (even when younger and found it easier to loose!). So 3 stone in 3 months woweeee...how fab would that be!!??
Anyway have a better day today and good luck!

Thanks hun... I know what you mean by getting caught up in the numbers, I feel a lot more relaxed about things now, anything over a stone a month would just be a bonus.. I'm happy to loose 3lbs a week if I can :)

hiya Violet - just read your diary and want to say that you're doing so well and i'm really pleased for you hun :D

forget yesterday hun - you know that a few sweets and a bagel dont really count for much in the calorie stakes ;)

keep strong hun and you'll be amazed by how much you'll have lost for christmas.

i need a new knee and just losing the 2 stone has made such a difference to me - don't wake up in the middle of the night with the pain caused by my burning knee grinding against the other one:rolleyes:

we're all behind you mrs - show us how it's done :D :talk017:

Aww thanks hun and thanks for popping by..it's been hard but I'm well into it now, starting to see the light now...I hope you're recovering well now.. you've been away from your diary for a while.. take care! :)

Hiya Violet

I've just read your diary and wanted to wish you well for the rest of your journey x
Forget about yesterday, most of us have had days like that. The most important thing is that you pick yourself up and keep trying :D
Hope today's going well xx

Thanks hun...hope things are going well with you! :)

Thanks, I will have a google and see if I can find one...love it!!

x

Have you managed to find them? :)

I've been negleting my diary the last few days. I took some time out from the interwebs, I'm always on the bloody laptop nothing else gets done, so I spent some time with the kids, got new uniforms organized..few other bits and pieces :) now I'm back and back to business :)

Had a slip up last week, but it was just once and I managed to back on it quite easily. It's totm, my first totm since starting tfr and it's been a bit harder than usual, trying to fight the cravings even though I'm not hungry I just want everything has been a real test. Yesterday I had some Haribo, I know I'm not meant to but I was fed up and I had them, I don't feel bad about and what's done is done...

I've lost another 3lbs this week, that brings me to 14lbs so far, and my first month isn't over yet.

Feeling much better about things. Haven't had a 100% week yet, I'm not having meals, but little bites keep going into my mouth :mad: so here's to my first 100% week, I will do it!!

Last edited:
Oh my goodness!! I've been 100% since Monday (I've had a lick of a mushed pea when I tested the heat before giving it to the kids) I've been shopping today and I've got some lovely wholemeal rolls, I'd love one :(

I also went into Poundland for a quick browse and I happened to spy my favourite sweets..I love Haribo super mix, I like the jelly babies that's in them they're different from regular jelly babies, they're smaller and sweeter...well they've started doing the Haribo jelly babies on their own in a huge bag...I wanted them sooooo much, I picked them up and felt them through the pack (is that perverse?) lol! I nearly had them...I really wanted them :(

think I'll settle for a cup of tea instead... *sniff*

Back