V's Diary

Fingers crossed for your exam xx :D And well done on the parkrun!
I am pleased with how im doing 20 pounds off since Jan 1st and I ve joined Curves where I can do a 30 min workout after work just want to get rid of this fat lol
Speak soon x

Fingers crossed for your exam xx :D And well done on the parkrun!
I am pleased with how im doing 20 pounds off since Jan 1st and I ve joined Curves where I can do a 30 min workout after work just want to get rid of this fat lol
Speak soon x

Thank you Katie, I passed! I had a couple of drinks to commiserate as I was sure I had failed, but then got the results early and went out to celebrate (last night). Got in at 4am - am knackered! I'm not like the young ones! Wow, you really have done well. 20 pounds off, you're well on your way down to goal. I've thought about Curves, it seems like a great concept. Uni gym's better for me just now just because it's on campus, within 15mins walk of me. I see from your diary you're really liking it at Curves so far :)

I'm really happy today because I've finally broken into the 100s, I'm 199.8lbs. So 1. I've got to the point where I finally deserve the treat I've already had in advance 2. I've lost all the weight I put on after Exante and then some, within 2 weeks, and 3. It's just a lovely psychological boost!

So good times all round! Now....off to bed again (I've had 2.5 hours sleep!)...becoming a proper student again...

Hey xx
Well done on passing your exam!! :D:D
Good times and on your continuing weight loss. :)
You inspire me too sweetheart x

I've now been to the gym 21 times (after wasting my membership by not going for a semester apart from for induction!) so it's working out at under £9.53 at the moment. I have barely any money, so it's a good motivator for me...getting my money's worth out of it/making sure I haven't wasted what little money I have. Also, including the gym, I walked (partly jogged but not much) 51miles last week - my most ever! I have only maintained in the last 6 days, but I have eaten rather badly yesterday (large plate of sunday roast without the meat at Marston's - had about 15 big roast potatoes! as well as lots of peas, sweetcorn, 2 yorkshires with sage and onion stuffing, and lots of gravy!). It's still down on last week's weight so I'm happy. I'm hopefully back on track now, so aiming to get down to at least 198lbs next Monday :)

23 gym sessions down now :) I've done over 38 miles so far and it's only half way through Thursday. My weight loss is stalling but I know I'm getting healthier. I can run much easier and for longer, and I don't get so out of breath going up hill. I feel better mentally too and I'm therefore getting more involved in uni life and making more friends (as I'm not knackered all the time!). Happy days :)

V

Hi x
Glad its going well :D:D and thanks to your encouragement re exercise I have been going to Curves five times a week woo hoo!!!
Have a good weekend and speak soon xxxxxx

Went to a naughty and nice party last night, combined with sex ed for students - that was a laugh :) I did end up buying chocolate and crisps on the way home though. I ate a fair bit of it yesterday but I had worked off over 700 cals in the gym so I knew I'd just wasted that rather than put on any weight! Today's a different story, have eaten the rest of the chocolate. Had planned to save some calories for night out in Sheffield tonight, but will just need to make sure I dance off what I drink now. Oh well, I love dancing anyhow :)

V

Hi x
Glad its going well :D:D and thanks to your encouragement re exercise I have been going to Curves five times a week woo hoo!!!
Have a good weekend and speak soon xxxxxx

Wow, that is absolutely brilliant, 5 times a week! You've thrown yourself in and seem to be really enjoying it...fantastic!! :) Enjoy your weekend too x

I have done 70miles last week! My most ever! And I've been dancing for 2 hours at least too. I have however stalled on the weight loss, but I did eat out twice at the weekend and have carb loaded (unintentionally). I am hoping I'll see a bigger loss next week (trying to stay positive!)

V

Forgot to mention, I beat my time for the 5k race (albeit on the treadmill). I did it in 37mins 14seconds as opposed to my race time of 37mins 47seconds. I know it's only 33 seconds off but that took some doing! I was hoping to get down to 35mins in the next month in the actual race but having re-assessed, I don't want to set myself up for failure, so I'm now aiming for 36mins 30seconds. Anything under that would be a welcome bonus :)

Badminton session number 1 tonight :) Was brilliant. Didn't expect it to come back to me so soon. Had fun, and left very sweaty, so must have been a good workout! :)

V

So, I've continued with the badminton, but put on weight by eating too much. It's a few months down the line and despite putting on weight, I didn't put on as much as I'd already lost, so instead of berating myself, I'm thinking overall I went in the right direction. I'm ready to set myself another weight loss goal, over the next few weeks (4weeks6days) till June 1st weigh-in. I've decided on 8lbs, as it's achievable even through my exam period mostly by eating healthily, and going to the gym max twice a week (once for badminton, once for gym).

To get to my goal, these are my weekly targets:

Thursday 28th April - Current Weight 202lbs
Thursday 5th May - 200.35lbs
Thursday 12th May - 198.7lbs
Thursday 19th May - 197.05lbs
Thursday 26th May - 195.4lbs (YAY - below 14st)
Wednesday 1st June - 194lbs

I've also challenged myself to eat out a max of 3 times between now and June 1st.

Looking forward to trying to achieve these challenges :)

V

I had gone away for a week over Easter and got back day before yesterday (Wednesday)....I've been trying to think why I haven't put on weight. It was a vegan trip, meaning a lot of fresh healthy food, but it was 3 course dinners for lunch and dinner, with unlimited helpings (I usually had 1.5 helpings) and sometimes a 2nd dessert to try. There was also a raw food 3 course menu at each meal as well as a cooked one to try. The only thing I can think of is that the food was all freshly prepared rather than packaged foods, so even when I sometimes saw lots of oil and sugar going into it, it probably was nothing compared to the amount in packaged processed foods. I estimate I ate around 2500 calories a day, at least, maybe nearer 3000 calories, for 7 days. But then I lose around 1750 at my BMR. And then I had to help in the kitchen around 3 hours a day which probably was a bit more activity than it seemed.

In any case, it was great to eat unlimited food, not gain, and then come back to be able to start the weight loss afresh, as my body is now responding better. Am 201.3lbs today, need to reach 194lbs by June 1st, this is completely doable :)

V

40 gym sessions done now! I don't feel so conned by my membership anymore as it's coming in at £5 a session now (same as what it would cost on a pay as you go basis at 12 sessions for £60). Even better, to mark my 40th session, I have managed a new personal best on my 5k time on the treadmill - 36 mins 42 seconds. My fastest time before that was on Park Run event outside, and was 37 mins 47 seconds. I've not been to the gym for over 1.5 weeks, the break, the fresh air, the healthy food whilst away, seems to have given me a huge boost! Next time I'm aiming for 36 minutes 35 seconds (baby steps) :)

So, I've managed to get really busy again with exams and life. Good news, I got a 1st for my 1st year of uni. I've secured an internship (3 hours a week) with my business school. I'm going to be a peer tutor for the year below next academic year too. Oh, and I'm treasurer for our mature and part-time students society. It's rather a lot to take on, but I'm hoping I'll do well at it, and also get a 1st again for my 2nd year, as that's when it starts to count.

On the weight loss front, I put on 10lbs during my exams, but have now lost that again in the 7ish weeks since. I've been on a bit of a stall the last 2 weeks, so I've decided to use up my Exante soup packs, of which I had 74 this morning! Trying to get rid of 28 on Ebay, as I really don't want to be on it that long. Also have been going to the gym lots and I feel a lot healthier for it :)

So, roll on day 2 of Exante TS :)

Arghhhhh@me!!! I got a takeaway discount code, so could not resist! Used it, and got 2 large pizzas, a vegetable starter set (2 pakoras, 2 bhajis, 2 large-ish samosas), 2 chapattis, lemon rice, and a little dip. I was good enough to not eat it at first, and froze what could fit into my little one compartment freezer - the pizzas, chapattis, the starter set. But the lemon rice and dip will not fit. I couldn't resist and have now eaten half the rice (probably a side portion's worth, or a thin person's usual portion). I don't want to chuck it, so will probably eat the other half tomorrow just before the gym, in the hope it doesn't throw me out of the ketosis I was going to be heading towards. The half portions are probably only around 300 cals with the dip mixed in, so I don't think they'll put me back too much at least :/

Last edited:
Just getting up to date with your diary xx
We can do this and you ve been better than me ! I ve over eaten for months :break_diet::break_diet:
Speak soon xx

Just getting up to date with your diary xx
We can do this and you ve been better than me ! I ve over eaten for months :break_diet::break_diet:
Speak soon xx

Katierose, I hope you are still sticking around, will check your diary in a minute! I'm sure you'll get back into the swing of things soon enough. I've got to do that myself - couldn't quite diet properly while being a volunteer for a study up at our appetite research centre. I'll get to know my accurate body fat percentage, and accurate basal metabolic rate so I figured it was worth it, plus the guy said if I wanted to come back at some point, he could do my body fat again as it only takes 5 mins. Anyhow, the study finished today so back on Exante total solution tomorrow. I really want to lose a chunk of weight for Aug 31st, in time for a conference in Zurich. It's a big deal and I will be captured in a video diary - I refuse to look massive for it! At least it's a big push for me to lose weight!

Hi V x
Well I ve moved my diary to Strugglers Restarters as I thought it more appropriate for me :D
So we can support each other again, I am doing a similar diet to Exante as in VLCD I know it s not everyone s cup of tea but I am an all or nothing person so need to see results :D and need to get to the bottom of why i binge :mad:
I started again on Mon it s not been easy and I ve already had a little wobble today thinking oh I can start again on Monday.... Noooo Mustnt break this diet:break_diet:So i ve logged on here for inspiration
Will see how your doing too xxx Sounds like your in the mindset now tho

Back