W2BYM (Pamela's) Xenical Diary

Spots are driving me mad, never had break outs like this as a teenager! You'd think with giving up smokin and eating well I'd look healther, never looked so tired, run down and spotty before in my life! Eating loads of veg and at least 2 portions of fruit a day. Maybe your right Katie that the water is just flushing all the crap out my system ........ just wish is wasnt on my face.

Eating going gd, Thursdays Diary

Breakfast - 2 crumpets and sugar free jam
Lunch - Shapers sandwich from boots, apple and half a banana
Dinner - Sainsburys healthy ready meal/pasta dish with brocolli
Snack - Sainsburys pudding (their healthy range of course!)
No exercise last night, as had been shopping all day and was knackered! xx

Hows it going Pamela? Keep us informed!

Hey all, Feel like i've not reported in for ages lol! But not been at work and this is the only place i really get piece and quiet to be on the internet lol (ironic i know).
Food wise I've been very good, although introduced some little treats (sugar free jelly and light mousse) just have one or the other after dinner, was getting too narky at night but think is was because I was wanting either chocolate or a ciggy - happy to say I think Ive found a compromise!!

Not managed any excerise for the last 2-3 days (except out walking with pram) the wee one just wont go down at night, when she does eventually fall asleep its about 9pm, then shes awake again about 1am till about 3am then back up at 6.30-7am. We are totally knackered.
Worst of all Ive just gone back to work, its a new job and I hate turning up with great big bags under my eyes! I need some sleep!!! I dont understand why suddenly she has a problem at night, even as a baby she was in a great routine, slept 7.30 - 7.30 in her own bed. She'll be 2 this week, and for the last 3-4 months, her sleeping has been getting progressivley worse.

Sorry for the rant, i know this is a weight not a parenting website lol, i got a bit carried away, but if anyone got any magic tips for getting some sleep I'd love to hear them xxx

ahhh the sleep.... i mean what sleep! lol.... im a nanny so i really dont have any experience with the whole not going to bed till 9pm, but i can try and give you some tips that have worked for people i know and worked for.....
one thing being, what do they eat and what time do they eat? eating later then rushing straight into bath/bedtime doesnt allow them to burn off any energy they get from dinner.
so maybe try giving dinner a little early, have a good solid play time where you either go for a walk (if its well lit around your area as its dark too early now) or have some total mental time where she runs round the house hideing or something like that.. the have some quiet music or dancing to calm her down before bath time... i love the baby bath you can get and if you can get one for calming sleep (think its got lavender or soemthing in it) use that....
massage some moisturising cream or talc into her (being calm at this time) and get dressed into Pj's... have stories that dont make her wanna get up and go.... nice pieceful ones... and some with more words than pictures (if she can bare it)...
say your good nights and then make sure she knows its time for bed, and you mean business.....
another thing is have a light that is on a timer, and maybe have it set to go off about 5 mins after you have gone, give her a book to read herself, and tell her once the light goes out she must go to sleep....

thats about all i can come up with off the top of my head....
i hope one or both work.....

and i had to do the same with the pudding... had to ahve something or i was going to go completly off the rails i thought.... now i have a ww or tesco/or what ever shop i buy from at that week, light pudding or cake...
just settles my nerves and gives me that chocco craving too or my sweet craving.

hi hun when do you go for your weigh in at the docs? bet u have done fab xxxx

Aw I hope so - just so desperate to know - my scales say i have lost about a stone - but no way thats accurate! I'm going to try and get appt for the 20th of this month cos I need a new pack for the 24th. I would be chuffed with 10lb + heres hoping :)

Kes, all sounds good advice and will try it out - i just bought her a upsy daisy bedset and going to get her a wee night light.

At the moment we do bath & pjs, downstairs for some warm milk and cheerios or toast then in her room a story and then into her cot. We need to sit on the floor as she wont let me put her in her cot to read to her, she loves the book but as soon as I turn onto the last page she starts to cry - I put her in her cot anyway and go out and shut the door she used to cry for 5 mins and then sleep, now shes crying for too long and choking and coughing that I cant leave her! So we end up back downstairs to calm her down, she eventually crashes out on my knee or the sofa at 9pm.

To be honest I could cope with her not going to bed till late, its the getting up thru the night thats killing me. :(

You could come and be a nanny for me, your shifts would be 8pm - 8am 7 days lol xxx

Hey all, Feel like i've not reported in for ages lol! But not been at work and this is the only place i really get piece and quiet to be on the internet lol (ironic i know).
Food wise I've been very good, although introduced some little treats (sugar free jelly and light mousse) just have one or the other after dinner, was getting too narky at night but think is was because I was wanting either chocolate or a ciggy - happy to say I think Ive found a compromise!!

Not managed any excerise for the last 2-3 days (except out walking with pram) the wee one just wont go down at night, when she does eventually fall asleep its about 9pm, then shes awake again about 1am till about 3am then back up at 6.30-7am. We are totally knackered.
Worst of all Ive just gone back to work, its a new job and I hate turning up with great big bags under my eyes! I need some sleep!!! I dont understand why suddenly she has a problem at night, even as a baby she was in a great routine, slept 7.30 - 7.30 in her own bed. She'll be 2 this week, and for the last 3-4 months, her sleeping has been getting progressivley worse.

Sorry for the rant, i know this is a weight not a parenting website lol, i got a bit carried away, but if anyone got any magic tips for getting some sleep I'd love to hear them xxx

Aw I hope so - just so desperate to know - my scales say i have lost about a stone - but no way thats accurate! I'm going to try and get appt for the 20th of this month cos I need a new pack for the 24th. I would be chuffed with 10lb + heres hoping :)

Kes, all sounds good advice and will try it out - i just bought her a upsy daisy bedset and going to get her a wee night light.

At the moment we do bath & pjs, downstairs for some warm milk and cheerios or toast then in her room a story and then into her cot. We need to sit on the floor as she wont let me put her in her cot to read to her, she loves the book but as soon as I turn onto the last page she starts to cry - I put her in her cot anyway and go out and shut the door she used to cry for 5 mins and then sleep, now shes crying for too long and choking and coughing that I cant leave her! So we end up back downstairs to calm her down, she eventually crashes out on my knee or the sofa at 9pm.

To be honest I could cope with her not going to bed till late, its the getting up thru the night thats killing me. :(

You could come and be a nanny for me, your shifts would be 8pm - 8am 7 days lol xxx

hey pamela!

i know exactly how u r feeling with sleep! My eldest is 4 in may and still wakes up! Have you had a word with your health visitor? Mine is totally useless but surely they cant all be?!

before i had my second daughter my little girl had just turned 2 and we decided it was time to put her in her own room. I was lucky as i had a cot bed so i just took the sides off. She felt like a proper big girl and it did help! It worked for a whlie but then we slipped into old habits again! And were currently having yet another sleep battle with her!

As far as the crying and choking is concerned my little girl used to do this too (even projectile vomiting was a regular occourance!) and i read up on internet it was a way of getting your attention an boy does it do that! The key is to try and ignore it (yeah it sounds un thinkable) but i used to peep through the gap in the door to make sure she was ok. Because she sees it as if i make all these silly noises mummy comes and gets me an we have a big cuddle till i fall asleep! But if you stop going in she gives up after a while

Its really really draining but it will get better!

Im currently doing the whole super nanny thing with her now cos she just will not go to sleep on her own! i have to lay in bed with her till she is sound asleep! then she wakes about 2 and i end up stayin in her bed so i get a half decent nights sleep!

Anyways what i am doing now is the bed time routine, tea bath story bed. The saying good night and leaving the room and the first time she gets up i say come on bed time darling and then put her back to bed. Then every other time she gets up i dont say a word! The first night i did it it took me 50 mins the second was 45 and tonite will be the 3rd! so hopefully it will be shorter!

Its similar to the controlled crying technique but for older kids in that sleep in a proper bed! Why dont you look up controlled crying an have a go at that! Apparently it works but its tough for the first week! The night lights and the other advice that kes gave u would work well with this too!

sorry to ramble on but i hope you have found some of it useful!!

love katiexxxx

Hey Katie, thanks for all the advice - my health visitors useless, and wouldnt even waste a phone call on her. Ive asked for advice from her before on other things and she always says she'll get back to me and never does.

Part of me cant wait until Paige can go in to a proper bed (although shes 2 on Thursday she was 15 weeks prem, so shes only really about 18-19months allowing for her prematurity). This makes it even harder to hear her screaming, as for months I sat by her incubator promising if she made itI would always be there for her and she would never want for anything. Fortunatly she was ok and has been a brilliant baby, until recently the whole ' not sleeping' things kicked in, I should of nipped it in the bud when it started but let it go and made excuses for her, nightmares, teeth, sore tummy etc. Then I decided to get my act in gear and or about a week i put her in her cot and let her cry till she fell asleep didnt take long and I sat in the hall till she was asleep, it was bonfire night that ruined that there were loads and loads of fireworks going off so after 20 mins of crying I allowed her to get back up, now I think she thinks that if she throws a massive tantrum/screaming fit then ill get her back up. Arghh, made such a rod for my own back!

Whats worse than that is when shes up thru the night, I think if she starts going to sleep in her cot then she'll be more content to settle herself back to sleep thru the night.

Will put the new bedding on after her birthday and try with the night light then too, no point in starting before as there will no doubt be family in on her birthday and they wont agree with letting her cry.

None of this prob makes any sense as Im just rattling away on this keyboard, really no idea what ive been writting, i do feel a hell of a lot better for it tho lol xxxx

hehehe no i totally understand! my mum says i am cruel for letting her cry but the HV says you have to be cruel to be kind and i beleive her! My little one starts school in spt and she will be far to tired wakin up in the nigh so i feel like i am running out of time eeek!

oooh your poor little one was a preemie! bless her! must have been such a tough time for u guys! Glad shes fit an well now!

Its tough being a parent because aswell as all the physical stuff you have to deal with it really plays on your imotions! Its not a nice thing listening to your kids scream and cry but it will get easier!

If you ever need me you can pm me any time! I feel like u just wrote about me in ya last few posts hehehe

love katie

xxxxx

yeah controlled crying does work but you have to be 100% committed to it.... and not back down.
it does get easier.....
Pamela, is there a reason why you are giving her cheerios or toast???
just wondering if thats whats giving her that instant want to be up....
and yes Katie is should go down each night... but it will take a few weeks to kick in!!!

Good luck ladies hope your kiddies get great nights sleeps from now on....

well day 3 went sooo well for me! she did projectil vomite but i delt with it! it only took 4 trips back to bed and she was fast on!

Kes you sound like a fab child minder! heheh will you come mind mine for me please :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

yeah sure... just throw em all down my way and ill look after them!!!

not as in throw them physically... im not like that.... i mean bring them down here very gently!! lol

hehe, I might take you up on that lol ( do you think 2 is too young to go on a train alone??!)

Well done Katie sounds like your getting there - perseverance is the only way lol! Not as easy as it sounds tho is it?!!

Last night was good at my end too, Paige fell asleep on the couch at 7.45ish, lifted her up to her cot and she slept till 6.50am. Brilliant, although was prob just a one off.

Kes, do you think the food at bedtime could be stimulating her? I dont suppose she really needs it, I didnt give her it last night and she slept thru so maybe it was that? Maybe Im being too hopeful lol xxxx

Hello everyone!

Well my jelly babies question has sparked some controversy lol.

Despite eating half a bag of marshmallows I've not fallen off the wagon and I am eating well.

Major boost this morning, have been wearing size 18 trousers to work was getting ready this morning with size 18s on and hubby started laughing and said I looked like I was wearing someone elses trousers - luckly I have a 16 in the same pair tried them on and wow they fit yipeee!! Back into my 16 trousers want to dance around the office and tell everyone haha xxxx

Just booked my docs appointment for first weigh in on the 20th!!!! So exciting :)

I dream of size 16 trousers! What a fab boost for you, Well done.

i too dream of size 16 trousers......
oh i cant wait!!!!

Ok not had time to update this over the weekend and not been keeping a track of my food intake! Not done anything bad 'marshmallows' aside!! But will start taking note again as of today:

B/fast: Toast and Jam (50/50 bread and reduced sugar jam)
Lunch: Weight Watchers oval pizza
Dinner: Asda good for you chicken pasta bake and broccoli
Snacks: Apple
Fluids: Not enough, only cups of tea!! Must do better!!
Exercise: None (not in a very good mood today, cant really get focused to do anything).

All falls in with the 5/100g rule and under 15g per meal.
Will try keeping a note of the cals tomorrow. Think sometimes that writing down fat/cals etc can make it all become a bit obsessive (a trap Ive fallen into before and dont want to go back there again).

Might just do it for a week tho, just to be sure I have the right idea and that i am eating enough.

Ok not had time to update this over the weekend and not been keeping a track of my food intake! Not done anything bad 'marshmallows' aside!! But will start taking note again as of today:

B/fast: Toast and Jam (50/50 bread and reduced sugar jam)
Lunch: Weight Watchers oval pizza
Dinner: Asda good for you chicken pasta bake and broccoli
Snacks: Apple
Fluids: Not enough, only cups of tea!! Must do better!!
Exercise: None (not in a very good mood today, cant really get focused to do anything).

All falls in with the 5/100g rule and under 15g per meal.
Will try keeping a note of the cals tomorrow. Think sometimes that writing down fat/cals etc can make it all become a bit obsessive (a trap Ive fallen into before and dont want to go back there again).

Might just do it for a week tho, just to be sure I have the right idea and that i am eating enough.

hey hun!

sounds like u r doiNG Amazing! i totally understanD what u mean regarding the cal counting! if i dont count cals i go over board and end up stuffing myself silly with empty cals! However pinkii doesnt count calories and shes doing fantastically!

how r u? hows your little girls sleepin coming along? hope uve managed a decent nights sleep!

love katie
xxx

Back