Weight loss slowed right down

mrsthunderbolt

Silver Member
Slightly disappointed tonight to have STS, last week I lost 1/2lb.

In the previous 21 weeks I had lost 5 stone 1/2lb so I know it had to slow down sometime but I just didn't expect this.

I wonder if it's perhaps down to the fact that I have increased my gym programme?

On the positive side I have got into a pair of jeans that my friend gave me ages ago & a watch that was too small for me 2 weeks ago now fits.

I am loosing inches & developing muscle so I am actually feeling OK about things.

Your weightloss up to present is brilliant, so try not to get too down about your STS.
It could be a no of reasons - extra exercise or just hormones etc
i'm sure it'll start moving again.
In meantime, can you mix up your meal choices - extra extra SF?

Hang in there x

Are you doing ee? If so try and mix it up a bit having red and green days, try eating different foods.

Don't be disheartened it could just be your body rebelling but it will give in soon! X

I am in a similar position - lost 3 1/2st in 23 weeks but the last 5 weeks only managed to loose 5lb in total, while this is still OK I feel I need to revisit my first few weeks on plan. I like EE as no weighing etc so before I try red/green I have stated a food diary - I am going to see what my lose is next week after keeping a written record of what I'm eating. I think I may have just got a bit lax in my syns, nothing really bad but my lunch of Finn crisp and laughing cow light come out at 7 sins!.

You are doing a great job and I would certainly not reduce the exercise, its a great motivator and really helps with toning. as the previous poster says if you are happy that you are following EE correctly then perhaps its time to shake it up a bit with red/green.

Let us know how you get on

If you've significantly increased your gym activity then its likely to be a bit of water retention. It should right itself in a week or so. Though having said this I expected to STS last week as i had started going to the gym, & I lost 3lbs.

Its probably worth looking at your portions if you continue to STS. I stopped loosing after about 3 st & couldn't figure out why. I finally realised i was still eating portions like i was nearly 17 st, and i just didn't need as many calories anymore. I still eat loads now - just am more aware of when i am full. My losses have restarted now.

Above all, don't panic! Its easy to think that you need to change things up (like red & green days) if you've been on EE, or vice versa, but lets face it - you've lost 5 stone doing things the way you have. It hasn't suddenly stopped working has it?! Its more likely that some other constant has changed (eg exercise) than the plan has stopped working.

Thanks for the wise words everyone.

I only ever do green days as I am a strict vegetarian. I might try & have some more superfree or something.

I did wonder about the portion size Kingleds, I have been stopping when I'm full etc. A few weeks ago my losses weren't so good as I was under a lot of stress & for the 1st time in my life my appetite was rubbish, when I increased my intake again I had a huge loss.

I'm in a similar position. However I've now noticed a pattern since the middle of August I lose for 3 weeks, the stay the same for one week. I've accepted this begrudgingly(!) but if thats the way my body wants to do it, then I have to live with this - however frustrated I feel.

I'm certain I won't have done this week when I weigh in tomorrow morning but I'm trying to convince myself that even a pound loss is good as its in the right direction!!

My weight loss has been consistantly low - 0.5lb a week (apart from first week & once a month when might get 1lb loss) despite doing Zumba twice a week and behaving 100% BUT i'm learning that a loss is still a loss and that as long as it comes off then eventually i will get to where i want to be.
Its going down and thats whats important x

Back