**Weighty Mateys Marvellous May Thread**

Hoping to be better next week - if not I may disappear for a while

Please don't disappear for a while, stay! Life can throw all sorts of stress and rubbish at us from time to time, but if you stay we may be able to help you. Even if you STS for a few weeks, it's better than disappearing on your own. Stay for some support and encouragement xxx

I'm fairly new here and although this place is like a maze (I'll soon get the hang of it :D lol) I'm finding it to be a massive source of motivation and help knowing that I'm among people who have the same struggles as I do.

I feel bossy now, but hope you understand what I'm trying to say! LOL

Thanks for your support - I will stay but things are tough at the moment so you'll have to bear with me. I'm taking one day at a time, and so far today I'm on track and staying away from the biscuit tin!

Hubby and me are having a few problems, and on top of that my Dad, who has been very ill for about 10 years is going through yet another bad patch.

He's the main reason I want to lose weight, he's overcome so much and shown so much strength that I want to show him that I can do the one thing that I know I can do to make him proud of me and finally lose this weight. He has always said I should diet and I've tried and lost and gained and lost and gained and ............ This time I'm doing it for him, for me and most of all for my 2 kids who I want to be more active with. This is the most weight I've ever lost and the lightest I've been since I was 14 - going to group and coming on here have really helped.

I go to SW with my next door neighbour so I'm not going to stop going to group - I enjoy the evening out and know that its the one night when I don't have to put the kids to bed!

Thanks again for your messages x

Glad you're staying Vickiw :D Sorry to hear of your troubles, but keep your chin up chick things won't always be like they are for you.

Oh and I'm sure your Dad has been proud of you all your life.......but I know where you're coming from xxx

Well done staying on track so far today, you can do it! xxx

Not sure if ive been accepted into the group but my weight loss this week was 8lb x

not sure if im accepted either but weight this week was - 3.5lb

They're some impressive losses guys! Keep up the good work!!! I had a bad day yesterday (lost a bit of motivation only losing 1.5lbs in my second week) but am making up for it by cutting my syns down to 10 from 15 for the rest of the week! It should make up for it and then some :)
My energy levels are up now I'm eating properly so fingers crossed I can do some body magic this week!

i sts this week not to unhappy, as we had a birthday and my first big blow out since starting 8weeks ago and im happy that ive lost 1st 1lb since starting im a 1/4 of the way to my target and in a long scheme of things im ok with it, working hard this week already for a loss for next week (the time i had a 1/2 lb loss i followed up with 4lbs loss so heres hoping i can get 3-4lbs for next tuesday) ??
so in right direction for goal got 6.5 to go for my May target of 8lbs

Well done losingme...you've done really well getting to 8 weeks before a blow out! I managed 2 but I'm consoling myself with staying on plan this week and hopefully will have a bigger loss with me having a little loss this week :)
Being a quarter of the way there must be a lovely feeling :)

yeah i thought id feel bad STS but looking on overall progress its not too bad (and i didnt gain which i was expecting) to think this is the most weight ive lost in over 5 years the feeling is great and to think by this time next year i may (no probably) will be at my goal is a bit unreal to think i will weigh the same as i did 9 years ago just before i got married never would have thought it possible xxx
keep up the great effort works different for everyone but it is working so you go girl xxx

I've been overweight since I was 13 so by the time I get to goal (18 months I reckon, hopefully less) it will something I've never experienced while I've been old enough to care... I can't wait. Isn't it great to be able to see the finish line? i couldn't with any of the other diets I've done...

Hey all! :wavey: will have a catch up with you all and update the chart on my lunch xxx

So far I've lost:
1st week (5/5/10): 5lbs
2nd week (12/5/10): 1.5lbs

Just to make it easier when updating the list :D

Well hello! All the chart has now been updated with newbies etc... everyone is doing so well! :clap: so well done all!

Vicki - hey don't leave us! Hugs for you that you're going through such a rough time, but you come on here for support so don't leave us... hey and 4lb... you can get that off. Hope your dad is feeling a bit better

I had a bad 1st WI after my hols... I gained 2.5lbs but have been so good this week, I will hopefully have that off on saturday! :cross:

Anyhow, as per usual, if I have made a cock up of the chart... please let me know :D xxx

I'm a loser!! I'm a loser!! I'm a loser!! :D :D :D :D

2 lb OFF for me this week!! My first loss in May!! (I don't usually brag this much!! :D )

Only 2 lb to go for my next shiny!!! I LOVE SHINY STICKERS!!!

Thanks sarah - he's going to see his consultant tomorrow but looking very jaundiced so probably going to be admitted for an op. I'm sticking around and I'm taking 1 day at a time. You'll get your hol gain off no probs - good luck :D.

Back