Wellie Boots

I'm another Hunter fan, and have a pair of Navy Huntress ones:D

i'm beginning to become obsessed with looking for wellies.... can i be nosy and ask if you have big calves? do they fit you without cutting your blood circulation off??
I need a shop which sells just wellies lol so I can try on a load of them.

i'm beginning to become obsessed with looking for wellies.... can i be nosy and ask if you have big calves? do they fit you without cutting your blood circulation off??
I need a shop which sells just wellies lol so I can try on a load of them.

I definately had big calves when I bought them three years ago!
But not too sure now, since lots of dog walking and SW.
The Hunter Boots website has a size chart online, which gives the calf measurements etc.

The site also lets you look at wider or narrower calf width wellies, just clike on the size chart for the huntress ones.....

http://www.hunter-boot.com/2/9/Shop-Online/Huntress-Gloss/PILLAR-BOX-RED/W23990_PBR.aspx?ReturnQString=%2f2%2fShop-Online%2fProducts.aspx%3f%26gender%3dwomen%26selectedpage%3d0%26pagingenabled%3dTrue

ok seems the wider hunteress maybe OK, they go up to 45cms when adjusted :) I think I need to try them on still before I go ahead lol...

Good luck with your search and thanks for this thread. I've been looking for wellies for ages but need a 50cm calf and I can't seem to find a pair for less than £45 but I just cannot bring myself to spend that on wellies!

My chunky calves have brought me many sad times :( Worst thing is even when I do give myself the kick up the backside I need then my calves will remain chunky although less so!

Good luck and let us know how you get on! :)

Last edited:
Hi,

I have a pair of Huntress wellies, as the originals didn't fit, still don't think they would as their calf sie is not very generous at all, and also, I didn't think the Huntres was that generous and although I have large calves they arn't that big. I also have some muchboots which are brilliant plus they keep your feet warm and the tops stretch around your calves, and they come in a couple of prettier colours than the normal.

I now wear Aigle wellies which are neoprene lined and the most comfiest pair of wellies I have ever worn, but they cost me £120 :s But defo worth it. :)

I hope you find some wellies soon :) xxx

I'm another Hunter fan, and have a pair of Navy Huntress ones:D

I love Royal Hunters. I lived in them when I lived on my farm in Lancashire. They are the very best.
Nowadays I stick with Joules as they are more often than not a waterproof fashion accessory when I am invited to judge in the U.K.

ok seems the wider hunteress maybe OK, they go up to 45cms when adjusted :) I think I need to try them on still before I go ahead lol...
You will not be sorry if you buy them.

Good luck with your search and thanks for this thread. I've been looking for wellies for ages but need a 50cm calf and I can't seem to find a pair for less than £45 but I just cannot bring myself to spend that on wellies!

My chunky calves have brought me many sad times :( Worst thing is even when I do give myself the kick up the backside I need then my calves will remain chunky although less so!

Joules are not as expensive as Hunters and so cute...............they are around £35 a pair. I love the mulled wine duck ones of this years range.

This is a good site to look at

www.wellywarehouse.co.uk

Crocs do wellies too and they have an adjustable calf.

I have some crocks shoes, proper shoes like a ballet pump and they are the most comfortable thing I have ever had on my feet.

Ok, you can call off the search.

I have the mahoosivest calves in the world. Joules don't fit me, Hunters are tight.

But when I went "oop north" for the weekend earlier this year, I found a shop which sold Rydale boots. They're brilliant. I have plenty of room in them, and they have lots of nice patterns too, as well as the boring green ones.

Try Ladies Footwear - Yorkshire Clothing Company Ltd

And - just in case your calves are even bigger than mine (not possible!) and they end up being a let down - at least they're only £19.99!

I'm so happy with my wellies. I haven't been able to wear them for years!!!

(And on the other question, about calves shrinking, as someone who's lost all their weight, I'm really not sure they've shrunk much at all. Sorry!)

I had the same problem. I have this pair

Wide Fit Wellies - Wellies, Wellington Boots, Wide Wellies, Funky Wellies From Jileon Ltd

They are comfy and I've had them a year and worn them loads. I love them :) Can't recommend them enough, I can even tuck my trousers in as they really do open up and don't cut into my calves or just under the knee like so many other did. I know they are not cheap but I don't regret buying them at all xxxxx

Thank you JackieN - I think as tomorrow is payday I may just bite the bullet and order them. I know I'll wear them loats having to do the school run on fott 3 times a day! Will let you know how I get on.

Also thanks JimofTroy - but the link doesn't work and I've tried googling but the page doesn't connect. It may just be down for maintenance so I'll keep trying before I spend any money :D

Also thanks JimofTroy - but the link doesn't work and I've tried googling but the page doesn't connect. It may just be down for maintenance so I'll keep trying before I spend any money :D

I've just tried to get into the site via another route and had an error message.
Apparently they're not fully migrated to their new server, and there are some planned downtimes, including today from 14:00 to 17:00.

So try again after 5.

But in case the link still doesn't work, Google "Rydale Boots", or go to

rydaleclothing.co.uk

(I've put it without the www so it doesn't automatically turn it into a link, and therefore not give you the address!)

I have the crocs ballet pumps aren't they great.... I'm going to try on wellies tomorrow lol, will let you know how I get on.
Such a drag having big calves :(

Ok,
And - just in case your calves are even bigger than mine (not possible!) and they end up being a let down - at least they're only £19.99!

Have you measured yours lol? Mine are 17"!
The boots look great but I cant find sizes...

I've just tried to get into the site via another route and had an error message.
Apparently they're not fully migrated to their new server, and there are some planned downtimes, including today from 14:00 to 17:00.

So try again after 5.

But in case the link still doesn't work, Google "Rydale Boots", or go to

rydaleclothing.co.uk

(I've put it without the www so it doesn't automatically turn it into a link, and therefore not give you the address!)

Just got on -thanks :)

Just as well as I went to add the Jileon's to my basket earlier and despite saying they were in stock they are all sold out :(

Just checked out the website - love the wellies! They are all fab :) But I can't find a list of the calf sizes and they don't look as large as my enormous calves :(

Just measured my calves - 18"!!!!!

Some sellers on eBay that are reasonable and have the measurements listed.

I had some a few years ago that were from Evans. They just did the job, but only over leggings. Not jeans.

Let us know how you do x

Back