Tipperary wobbles into 2024

You've got completely the right attitude about your small gain Tipp - antiobiotics can really muck the body about, especially on heavy dosages, so it could be water weight or the bread - just focus on getting well and then you'll see a big loss, I'm sure.

Hope all the furbabies are OK.

The cooking classes sound fun - albeit a challenge with all the different diet requirements! Post your curry recipe here, would love to see it - it's something i can never get quite right!

Yayyy, ended the week (well the week plus one day) with a loss of 700g. That gives me a total of 4.5kg in 4 weeks and I am very happy with that. I had anticipated a 1kg loss for about 4 weeks and then about 500g a week after that.

Went to the gym again yesterday. I use a cross trainer for cardio and was recommended to do 10 to 15 minutes on it, day one I did 10 and day two 11 so hope to increase it a bit each day. Arms were sore after workout yesterday but glad to be able to exercise in some way. With going back to work next week I will have less time to fit as much exercise in. Antibiotics finish Monday morning (hopefully, but have an extra prescription for three more days) and that will make it easier to eat as I want rather than have to fit food in around meds. Also the kittens should be less vulnerable and not take as much time to feed and look after.
I had some wine last night, a Friday night meal at home with husband, fire lighting and a movie on TV, a weekend treat. It was a special bottle bought on holidays last August that I was keeping for Easter. We might have baby Oscar tonight and with back to work on Monday I wont drink on Sunday so last night was an opportunity taken.
I wont go to the gym today, in fact I don't plan on leaving the house today. It is filthy and needs a good clean so after breakfast its into a tracksuit, tie the hair up and out with the scrubbing brush.
Darling husband has to go to Cork on Sunday for the French presidential elections and daughter one suggested we all go and make a day of it. But I have decided not to, it would be lovely to bring Oscar to the wildlife park but will be last day on antibiotics and two bloody awkward taken them while out (they do make me quite sick). And if the weather is good I wold love to get some gardening done, I have €20 of Woodies vouchers and will get some plants with that.

Talk tomorrow

Woohoo well done on the loss - and that's a great total for the month!

So pleased you're nearly done with the meds too, I'm sure you will be glad to see the back of them too :). Have fun with Oscar and the kittens x

Oscar and the kittens asleep (separately). Oscar cried for his mama going to bed but settled after a while. Went for a walk with Zara and Oscar, 3.5km, and stopped to moo at the cattle.

Baby just gone and so is husband, kittens asleep, cats outside, son in bed with dog Zara. I had a nice walk with Oscar and Zara this morning, 4.75k to the weir and back. Its a lovely day out and you can hear spring everywhere. I'm very tired now (running around after Oscar at 7am). Waiting until I can eat and then maybe a lazy few hours curled up on the couch with knitting and Netflix (after I tidy up, a hurricane force hit the sitting room and it is full of cars and building blocks). Then later will decided if its time for the garden or the gym.

I got an email, I have another job interview next week, so one on Friday and now one on Wednesday. I would prefer the Wednesday job, local, more interesting and flexible hours. Though it is an uncertain business and may be seasonal. Fridays will be more standard hours, reasonable pay and secure for 3 years but will be over a two hour drive each day. Suit ready for Friday but unsure what to wear on Wednesday as I was advised by a friend not to be too formal...she said no suit.

Yayyy, ended the week (well the week plus one day) with a loss of 700g. That gives me a total of 4.5kg in 4 weeks and I am very happy with that. I had anticipated a 1kg loss for about 4 weeks and then about 500g a week after that.

Yay, that's fantastic! You must be feeling over the moon! It's all down to your hard work and motivation.
Good luck with your interviews :) x

Made some soup for dinner, well more than a soup but not quite a stew, spinach and coconut.
It's vegan, tasty and fairly healthy

1 chopped onion
1 chopped pepper, I was lazy so both of these just came from a pack in the freezer
Some frozen spinach (about 3 squares)
Leave to sweat down in their own juices
Add 2 small chopped potatoes and about 2 teaspoons of curry paste (its not a curry soup but just a hint of spice)
Add 1 grated carrot
Cover with water, bring to boil and simmer until the potato is cooked
Add a tin of light coconut milk and heat through, check for salt and pepper

I had two bowls of this for dinner and it was delicious.
I have no idea if it fits in with various diets but seems healthy enough

Morning all, weighed this morning and I have an increase. But then I "went to the bathroom" again and may have lost it. Note to self: There is such a thing as "too much fibre" :oops:

I have been reading back through both this thread and my food diary and have noticed a lot of things

Firstly: Thank you all so much for the wonderful support, the comments, the likes and the encouragement. I am not a weekly club person or a stick to it diet person either. Writing down my thoughts as I try this has made it so easier for me and knowing I am not talking to myself, that other people are listening to me has made it so much easier.

Secondly: After reading this back it was two weeks ago on Sunday that I appeared to have an anxiety attack for no reason. I said I was tired and was sitting down and was shaking with a high heart rate. Now I can see that would have been the day that I was "attacked" by the bacteria and that may have been the cause. Some of the side effects of it are shaking, high heart rate and being very cold. Today is the first day I haven't been shivering.

Finally: Now the antibiotics are finished I can get back to normal eating. My meals have been forced to fit in with med schedule, not when I am actually hungry. I have also been eating biscuits and sweet snacks as I take meds to counteract the dreadful taste of them. Now when I feel nibbley through the day I can crunch on an apple. Or I can go for a walk as I want to ward off cravings for wine or chocolate. I have been very dependant on the freezer last week but hope to cook more myself this week.

This weeks chicken curry recipe as asked. A simple "change it as you will recipe".

Simple chicken curry
For four people
  • Teaspoon cooking oil
    1 small chopped onion
    1 clove crushed garlic
    Teaspoon grated fresh ginger
    1 chopped pepper
    3 sliced chicken breasts
    2 dessertspoons mild curry powder
    1 dessertspoon Chinese 5 spice powder
    1 dessertspoon tomato paste
    250mls chicken stock or as you like it
  1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger.
  2. Fry gently until clear.
  3. Add the peppers and fry until soft.
  4. Add the sliced chicken and stir until browned.
  5. Stir in the curry powder, Chinese 5 spice and tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes.
  6. Add the stock and stir carefully.
  7. Leave to simmer for about 20 minutes.
  8. If the sauce is too thin you can thicken it with a dessertspoon of cornflour.
  9. To make it richer you can add some yogurt.
Cooking rice
Rice is very easy to cook, you need rice and boiling water and a pot with a lid.
Put one cup of rice and two cups of boiling water into a pot and stir just once. Put the lid on and simmer on low.
Basmati rice will take about 12 minutes.=
White long grain rice about 18 minutes.
Brown rice about 40 minutes.

Make changes to your curry
  • Replace the chicken with beef, lamb or prawns
  • For a vegetarian curry use courgettes and butter beans or sweet potato/pumpkin and spinach
  • To add more fibre and nutrition add a grated carrot and some spinach leaves
  • For a fruit curry add a grated apple and some sultanas
  • For a hotter curry use a medium or strong curry powder or add some chilli

Last edited:
This forum is so brilliant for keeping on track, and for the support - even if people don't always post, they often read comments and are there in the background willing us all on :).

So glad you're enjoying it here :)
You're doing so well.

I call that rice method magic rice!! Comes out lovely every time x

Great news antibiotics are over so you can get back into your own schedule

Morning all, its a lovely day here and the sun is shining. Just a nice day to go for a walk by the river (Im working tonight) but Im FREEZING. I mean really really cold. I know I had been cold but yesterday I thought it had gone, but nope its back. I am normally too hot but for 2 weeks now been so cold. I know the bacteria I had could make me cold but I am hoping that is gone. I also know some people get cold while in ketosis, which I don't think I am but to be honest I don't know enough about it. I am trying to lose weight but I am not starving myself, I am still eating carbs and warm nutritious meals. It is much worse at night, I am wearing a long nightdress, fleece pyjama bottoms, thermal socks and a hoodie in bed. I finally get warm at about 4am. I've had a scrambled egg, two slices of sourdough toast with butter and tea for breakfast to try and warm up.

I think I will find a warm tracksuit bottom and put on my fleece top and head out for a walk anyway. I need to put loads of cream on my face as it is extremely itchy today....the only part of my body not cold. The sun is shining and is getting warm so hopefully will help.

I am also going to call my acupuncturist and see if she can see me soon, she is a miracle worker and great at "realigning" all that is wrong and I probably need a top up session after two weeks on antibiotics.

I walked a quick 3.5k last night and no foot problems so will see how it is today. I am trying to see if there is a "critical" level with it, or is it the standing in the bakery that is more a problem than the walking.

Hop you all have a great day

Back from work and brought some chicken curry home with me, just had it with konjac rice.

I have my clothes sorted for interview tomorrow. I was advised by a friend working there not to be to formal. I had planned on a short skirt with boots and a black jacket but when I went to my wardrobe I obviously got rid of my black jacket in the last cull of my clothes. Stopped at a chain store and got a smart pair of blue chino type trousers, narrow leg in a size 14 and a perfect fit with high heels.I have a pretty shirt to wear with it, nude heels and a navy jacket. All sorted as long as I don't need to walk to far (high heels).
Walked 5k along the river today through fields and my foot is fine so maybe it just needed to adjust to extra walking.

I don't know what exercise I will have time to do tomorrow but know I wont have any time to myself on Thursday. I have been using the cross trainer at the gym which is like running/walking but on sort of paddles so no impact on feet or knees. I was thinking about trying C25K on it before attempting it for real, get the lungs and heart used to it before subjecting the legs to it.

I stayed motivated last night. Had dinner and later in the evening was hungry. It would be the time I would normally be running for a glass or 3 of wine with cheese/cracker/crisps or tea and cake/chocolate/biscuits. But I decided it was more important for me to see a loss on the scales this morning than a few moments of self satisfaction. I had some herbal tea instead.
I can still feel the effort made by my upper leg muscles yesterday while walking. It was a slower walk but always seems to work the body more when through the fields over rough ground, road walking seems to do cardio more (we don't have paths) so a mix of the two is good.
I need to feed the kittens before weigh-in otherwise they climb my legs while Im standing on the Wii.

It seems to be a lovely morning here, I hope it stays good and not as changeable as yesterday when we had summer and hailstones every hour.

Enjoy your day all and stay strong, today we WILL loose weight.

How did the interview go, well that's a strange one. Yes, I have a job if I want one, in fact I am starting Saturday and Sunday. But I am not quite sure what the job is...and neither are they. It is in a country house and I thought they either needed someone to do admin and reception or wedding organiser. As it turns out I am in on Saturday to serve at a wedding and cooking breakfast on Sunday to see how it is run and then back next week to talk about the admin. Will give it a go and see. It's a long time since I've been a waitress so I hope I remember how to do it.

Spent an hour in the gym today, was advised to do about 15-20 reps 2 to 3 times on each machine and am now up to the 20 reps 3 times so happy with that.

A small weight loss and I have recorded it as I am not sure if I will get to weigh in again this week. It will be a mad busy weekend and I am not sure if I will get to the gym or our for a walk. Off to the bakery and then to a meeting and then on to cookery class this evening so it will be almost 10pm before I get home.

How did the interview go, well that's a strange one. Yes, I have a job if I want one, in fact I am starting Saturday and Sunday. But I am not quite sure what the job is...and neither are they. It is in a country house and I thought they either needed someone to do admin and reception or wedding organiser. As it turns out I am in on Saturday to serve at a wedding and cooking breakfast on Sunday to see how it is run and then back next week to talk about the admin. Will give it a go and see. It's a long time since I've been a waitress so I hope I remember how to do it.

Sounds interesting, albeit mysterious :).

Back