Tipperary wobbles into 2024

Not mysterious just very confusing. I get the impression I can "make a place" for myself there if I want but I'm not sure yet. I have another interview today.

A small 200g loss today so that gives me a total of 600g for the week which I am happy with. I am now at the end of week 5 and know that the amount lost will slow down but will be true weight now and hopefully some toning up. I always feel the first few weeks can be a lot of internal weight been carried around. I think I have mentioned elsewhere I don't look any smaller but I do feel a bit fitter which is good.

Morning all, well instead of a few days off for a bank holiday I find myself working this evening and tomorrow morning. It has been a crazy few days and I haven't had a minute to myself. I have been keeping to a fairly sensible eating plan but getting time to exercise or time to relax has been very difficult and it caught up with me last night when I had a very restless night. If I don't sleep properly it does all sorts of strange things to my body including temperature regulation, listlessness and a jumpy heart and erratic blood pressure. I must have "foretold" of this as I had already made an appointment with my acupuncturist today and she is a miracle worker. I was going to her to put me "back in sync" after the antibiotics and to help me being so cold so maybe she can lok at everything.

I had a glass of white wine last night which I really could have done without. It was lovely but I wasn't longing for one knowing I had a crazy weekend ahead. Darling husband had bought himself a steak and a bottle of red and when I sat down he said he had got white wine for me and it was in the freezer chilling. I told him t take it out and he misunderstood and git me a small glass of it, he made such an effort I couldn't tell him I didn't want it.

Just had a green smoothie and of to get ready for the day.
Enjoy the bank holiday weekend all and try not to cave to temptation too much.

I'm back after a mad weekend working, sporadic eating and no formal exercise but running around at work.
Did Saturday night at a wedding and was timetabled for Sunday morning. It was busy and the I was asked to work Sunday night but not actually sent home. I was exhausted at 2pm and said I had to go home if I was to come back that evening, so went home and had a 30 minute nap, back in at 4.30 and finished at 10pm. Food was grab it as I could and had some wine and chocolate when I got home.
So the job is in a country house and I thought I would be doing admin and bookings but it seems I may be taking some sort of a supervisory role and need to see how everything works. So this weekend I served the wine, expedited the pass, served breakfasts, made up rooms, baked bread and desserts, cooked the staff meal and then served dinners and took the phone calls. 15 hours and on my feet the whole time so hoping that makes up for lack of exercise.

Headache now and mucousy but that would be the wine and chocolate, I need a slow day today.

Wow, sounds hectic, maybe interesting too!!! Do you think you'll take the job? Have a relaxing day, you sure deserve it :)

Hi, here to follow. Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! Hope you have been able to get some rest, and the headache goes away.

Thanks all, if they make me a proper job offer with a fair wage I will take it as it is a lovely place and very local to me. But I don't want to be a part time skivvy been called in on their whim, at my age I need to be able to plan my week and a sense of financial stability. I also want to be able to continue to lose weight and need to be able to plan meals and exercise, in the hospitality industry food can be erratic and unhealthy.

Sounds like you'd need to write your own job description, to get some structure in there.

Good luck with it, whatever you decide.

Sounds like you'd need to write your own job description, to get some structure in there..

I think that is the plan but firstly I need to see how everything runs and who does what. There are also some long time but still part-time staff and I don't want to step on their toes in any way.

I was exhausted yesterday but needed to clean the whole house. It is daughter 1 birthday this weekend and she is going out with friends. But she doesn't know we are having a surprise cocktail party here first for her. We have some of her friends flying in from UK and some travelling form Dublin and all will be staying with me. So I need to get all the house clean, bedrooms made up and then start on making cocktail suitable food.
Daughter 1 came down yesterday with baby Oscar and we had lunch and wine together, 2 glasses white wine each. Then husband dropped her home and I had some more red wine and fell asleep at about 5pm on the couch. I woke at 10pm and went to bed.

Cookery class this evening, its Spaghetti Bolognese, and before then I need to do more cleaning, lots of laundry and hopefully go for a walk.

Now that I have lost some weight I have changed the title thread to Fabulous at 50, something a bit positive.

I think I have also cracked the secret of weight loss...
Poop three times a day :rolleyes:

Ok drum roll please..........:)

I have just bought a pair of size 12 white jeans and they fit.
Well they are a bit snug on my tummy but no tighter that my size 14 jeans were 6 weeks ago. So I am officially down a size.
It is one of my mini goals but I wont mark it done until Saturday when I hope to wear them.

Just in from a walk. My foot seems to be better, I think it just needed to get used to the extra exercise and the new insoles are helping too. Fingers crossed it stays that way. Walked with the dog and we ended up doing 6km (another mini goal achieved).The balls of my feet are a bit sore but legs and back are fine and could have walked more (my bladder couldn't though o_O).

Thanks, I'm not saying they look amazing but I got to walk into a chain store and buy a pair of jeans that fit.

Cookery class recipe this week: Spaghetti Bolognese

Once again I am not saying it is a diet recipe, juts a simple one you can adapt.
I use about a teaspoon of sunflower oil and 5% fat minced beef. I know many have changed to using turkey mince but I couldn't find one lower than 15% fat. I substitute frozen Quorn mince for me, at one stage I did use TVP mince but as it is normally made with genetically modified soya I have stopped using it, and Quorn is better.

Spaghetti Bolognese
For four people
  • Teaspoon cooking oil
  • 1 small chopped onion
  • 1 clove crushed garlic
  • 1 chopped pepper
  • 400g minced beef
  • 1 dessertspoon tomato paste
  • 1 tin tomatoes
  • 1 carton tomato passata
  • 1 teaspoon of Italian Herbs
  • 1 grated carrot
  1. Heat the oil in a pan and add the onion, garlic and ginger.
  2. Fry gently until clear.
  3. Add the peppers and fry until soft.
  4. Add the minced beef and stir until browned.
  5. Stir in the tomato paste and cook for about 2 minutes.
  6. Add the tomatoes, passata, herbs and carrot and stir carefully.
  7. Leave to simmer for about 20 minutes.
  8. Serve with cooked pasta and some grated cheese.
Cooking pasta
Boil a big pot of water and add some salt
Add 100g of pasta for each person
It will take about 15 minutes to cook

Hmm, men....well husbands...well my husband, time for a new one I think.:rolleyes:

So for a number of weeks I have been going for a lot of interviews and am running up and down the stairs to him looking for opinions on how this looks or that looks on me.
I have lost weight and clothes are looking a bit better on me. We went out about 4 weeks ago and I was wearing a very baggy loose flowing dress as nothing else fit my waist/belly/boobs. Now I haven't actually told him I lost weight but at some stage I thought he would notice. He is away this weekend and I am going out. I got my new (size 12) jeans and tried them on with heels and a top and asked his opinion of them. I wasn't looking for a "wow" or a "gorgeous", a "nice" would have been lovely. Nope, I got a grunt and an "OK". So then I tried on a top I haven't fit into for 3 years and was surprised it fit really well, so I showed him that, (with lovely sparkly high heels) and this time I got more of a reaction a "what the f*ck are you showing me clothes for". No notice of the fact that I look smaller and slimmer.
That's it, he is sacked.

Offered: One husband, slightly used and very grumpy. Will swap for a kitten or a goat or a pig or a holiday weekend in Cornwall.

I went to the pool today. I didn't stay in as long as usual, 32 lengths instead of the 50 I was doing because I didn't want to over expose my skin. I covered it in cream first as advised but could feel it washing off in the pool. Skin was a bit blotchy when I came out but isn't too bad. I think swimming every day would be too much for it and will see how it goes over the next few days.
Then with daughter and baby Oscar we went to the lake to play and had lunch at a café. I had a BLT on ciabatta and took all the fat off the bacon. I was planning on having some pear and almond tart and a herbal tea but Oscar decided he wasn't sitting still any more so we left to feed the ducks and I was saved from having to eat some tart.

Hmm, men....well husbands...well my husband, time for a new one I think.:rolleyes:

So for a number of weeks I have been going for a lot of interviews and am running up and down the stairs to him looking for opinions on how this looks or that looks on me.
I have lost weight and clothes are looking a bit better on me. We went out about 4 weeks ago and I was wearing a very baggy loose flowing dress as nothing else fit my waist/belly/boobs. Now I haven't actually told him I lost weight but at some stage I thought he would notice. He is away this weekend and I am going out. I got my new (size 12) jeans and tried them on with heels and a top and asked his opinion of them. I wasn't looking for a "wow" or a "gorgeous", a "nice" would have been lovely. Nope, I got a grunt and an "OK". So then I tried on a top I haven't fit into for 3 years and was surprised it fit really well, so I showed him that, (with lovely sparkly high heels) and this time I got more of a reaction a "what the f*ck are you showing me clothes for". No notice of the fact that I look smaller and slimmer.
That's it, he is sacked.

Offered: One husband, slightly used and very grumpy. Will swap for a kitten or a goat or a pig or a holiday weekend in Cornwall.

Lol will swap for a goat, this is brilliant! Yeah, men are definitely like that, it's not just your husband, they're all the same I think! You have to tell him that you're losing weight, only then will he remember to compliment you. Telling him you've lost such and such weight will get him to notice :) He sees you every day so he doesn't notice you getting smaller. I'm surprised you're keeping it quiet, when I was with my husband I dragged him with me to slimming world! It was hard to get him to come with me the first time, but then he really got into it, especially when he realised he wasn't the only man.

It's a fantastic feeling isn't it when clothes start looking better on you:woohoo:

A slight increase this morning so have simply decided to ignore and weigh in tomorrow. I ate late last night, 11pm, s it may be that. But after a mad week not expecting much anyway. I have another crazy weekend and hope to settle down again by next Monday. The uncertainty about work is annoying, I cant find a routine and don't know from day to day what I am doing and eat when I can, I haven't even shopped properly.
Yesterday I had a cookery class in the evening, its only 90 minutes but also a 90 minute drive each way so 4 1/2 hours, I stopped at the pool at 9pm and then didn't eat dinner until 11pm....not a great way to lose weight. Of now to the bakery and then out to the Country House for a conference call to see if we can organise a proper role for me.
Back tomorrow hopefully with a "happy number"

Back