WEMITT Birmingham meet 25 & 26th Nov 2006

Please come cah-ching. I don't think I've even read your diary - don't worry. Ann x

Just had a text of Mandy - she is not able to get to me till lunchtime tomorrow due to work committments - we can set off straight away to get the train so all being well we should be there at 3pm but if we aren't we won't be much later. The train from Coventry to BHam only takes 15 - 20 mins.

Looking forward to it everyone. All those thinking about coming and are not sure - just come - it'll be great:D

Love

Hi Guys,

Hope you all have a fab meet up and be sure to get plenty of photos for the Gallery.

Enjoy:D

Love Mini xxx

I've just sorted my husband and child tonight finally. I never made it to the meet because the both have gastroenteritis. My daughter is improving but my husband is very poorly - he is very very slim and he seems to be dehydrating quickly.

The Emergency dr has been out to them both tonight and feels that if there is not a big improvement tomorrow I need to take them to hospital for IV fluids. I am fighting fit and am going to treat myself to a large glass of wine now! I am shocked at how fast it has taken hold and she has lost nearly 5lb in only a few days!!!! He can't afford to lose weight!

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and I feel so guilty that I couldn't come - I really needed some girly time away but such is a mother's lot!!

Keep me posted on how it all went. Love GM

I've just sorted my husband and child tonight finally. I never made it to the meet because the both have gastroenteritis. My daughter is improving but my husband is very poorly - he is very very slim and he seems to be dehydrating quickly.

The Emergency dr has been out to them both tonight and feels that if there is not a big improvement tomorrow I need to take them to hospital for IV fluids. I am fighting fit and am going to treat myself to a large glass of wine now! I am shocked at how fast it has taken hold and she has lost nearly 5lb in only a few days!!!! He can't afford to lose weight!

I hope everyone is enjoying themselves and I feel so guilty that I couldn't come - I really needed some girly time away but such is a mother's lot!!

Keep me posted on how it all went. Love GM

What a night you've had GM. You deserve that glass of wine.

I hope your daughter and hubby improve overnight and that you don't need to do a hospital run tommorow.

You must be knackered...xxx

I have just got back from Birmingham, and have had a lovely afternoon and early evening with Ailsa (AKB), Irene, Kat, Jennie (FFF), Mich, Mandy, Mary and Gill (Ca Ching)
Ailsa and I have left the others to party - hope to hear all about it later!
Ann x

Sounds like it's been a great meet Ann. I'm really glad that FFF decided to go.:)

I can't wait to meet up with Mandy, Kat and Irene again in January and Mich at last.

Hope they are taking some piccys tonight:D

Took some funny photos this afternoon. Ailsa took along her old trousers, and we put them on - one of us in each leg - they even fastened up! The looks we got in the lounge of the Jury's Inn Hotel were priceless!!
Ann x

I bet that was an amazing moment for Ailsa.:)

Can't wait to see the piccys Ann and hear all about it from everyone. I bet the staff thought you'd all lost the plot!!!!

Hi folks - Me and Mich are sitting in the hotel foyer having just got back from Flares nightclub - what a scream! can't wait to tell you ALLLLL about it when home - this is costing 50p per blink of an eye... anyway - had a blast and feeling fabulous!!!! LOADS of photos... lots of memories! Great meeting everyone this afternoon and meeting up with those who stayed in the morning at 11 before heading home... so... FAB FAB FAB FAB FAB time! Roll on the next one!! My foot is screaming at me so I probably won't be able to walk in the morning but I don't care!!!

I have blisters ....

Saturday 25th November circa 8AM:

I'm awake and have decided to take a drive to Adsa and fill my car with petrol and the tyres with air. Unfortunately said petrol station is shut so i take a leisurely walk around Asda looking at their Fast Fashion range - unfortunately they only go up to a size 20 so I'm left thinking about the styles I'll be wearing in a few months time when I'm small enough to wear them.

I then decide to go to Brum via the train, in the rain (oooh that rhymes) to buy pashmina's and punish myself with great clothes I see in the Bull Ring.

Saturday 25th November circa 1PM:

I should be getting back, but see someone in town I know who accosts me and then drives me home result! I still haven't filled up! I go to the petrol station and fill up and then realise I have left my handbag in the friends car! Que time wasted in the petrol station being made to feel like a criminal (surely these things must happen frequently?!), is it cos I is fat? ;). Additionally time wasted getting my purse and handbag back. At least I get to watch The Prime of Miss Brodie.

Saturday 25th November circa 3PM:

I finally go home and start getting ready. I shower and fragrance my body to within and inch of it being pickled. Then sat naked in front of my 'puter scan through pages of WEMITT Birmingham meet 25 & 26th Nov 2006looking for Ann (Westhills) mobile number - that felt like forever. Finally find it and send a witty text, no reply, call her, no response. I start to worry ... is the joke on me?!

Saturday 25th November circa 4.30PM:

I take the plunge and drive to Birmingham in the vain hope that they girls would still be sat in the Jury's Inn. WHat the heck I could always drown my sorrows (in water of course) if they weren't there. Luckily I recognised Ann and Mandy. I approach and grin like a CHeshire cat ... I walk up to them assuming they know me, strange I know, but I'm so used to this forum I assume you guys know me physically! :eek: I'm so thick! They look at me like I'm a mad woman and rightly so! :D

So I get chatting to everyone as they are ALL lovely women. I'm staring wide-eyes at these women and I'm physically telling myself not to, but you can't help it ....... it's really hard to believe these people were my size (and bigger) at one point. Ann (Westhills) introduces me to CD Malted Toffee bars and I'm very impressed. I hadn't eaten up until this point.

We agree to split up 1/2 went to beautify themselves further and the half I was with went for eats in an Italian - may I say the food was delish ..... grilled mushrooms and lettuce - the best Italian starter I've ever had - seriously. :D

We then reassemble in the foyer of Jury's Inn and I'm flummoxed at how gorgeous and great these girls are. I go to the loo and reapply my lip gloss. We're ready to go to flares and boogie. ......... I dance my bottom off and have a great time.

I'd like to make a point of telling the world that Mandy has a FABULOUS voice and totally blew me away.

I had to leave early and hobble accross the road to celebrate my friends birthday.

Good night all in all and what a way to garner inspiration. I would recommend those who have yet to attend a WEMITTs social to go, with bells on!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Home and happy... I could never have even guessed how great this weekend would be! I met some of the loveliest people ever, laughed more than I have in years, danced almost non-stop for 5 hours (boy am I paying for it today!), got chatted up! (I know!!!), and just had the most fun ever! Meeting Mary (Dolphin2), Ann (Westhills) and Mandy (Mandy b2) just inspired me even more to stick to the plan!

I had a fabulous room with a view overlooking the canal and oh, it was lovely! I'll be writing a boringly long account of events in my dairy but I just wanted to say how fantastic it was to meet you ALL. Cah-ching - you are spectacular! It was a joy to meet you! I'm really glad you made it! (Shame you had to leave us so early.. but glad you came along!!).

I got all motherly toward Cat (well, she is only 19 and I wasn't going to stand by and let some nasty bloke touch her where he shouldn't!)... lol.. what a lovely young woman she is! Her mum (Irene) is simply one of the nicest (doesn't do her justice) women it has ever been my pleasure to meet.

As for Mich - well... we were the dirty stop outs! Not getting in until, ummm.,, well I think it was about 3 (or thereabouts)... but boy did we have a giggle!

I can't wait for the next time we get together there again! (Hopefully early July someone was saying....?) I'm well up for it - should be almost 7 stone lighter by then!! As soon as a date is set I'm booking me a room!!

The hotel was wonderful, sheer luxury and what a view too! (Will see if I can get the same room again next time! lol)

So... I'm going to try and put photos on this post but forgive me if I make a mistake (I am rather tired! ) lol... xxx thank you all for encouraging me to come along, I don't think you can even guess what a difference this weekend has made to my way of thinking!. xx

Ok... I couldn't figure it out so am creating a photo album in the gallery - should all be done by 4pm! Will call it WeMitts Brum Nov 06

Hi All!

Just wanted to say what a fab weekend I've had with you all. It was great to meet you all (and see my bezzie mate Mandy again:D ). You are all such fantastic women and it was a pleasure to be in your company.

Ann, Mary, Ailsa (and Mandy of course!) you have all do so phenomonaly (sp) well and I am immensley proud to have met you you are all truley and inspiration and I have got all my packs ready, ice cubes in the freezer, hubby changed the plug on the smoothie maker (I'd bought it in Spain!) and I am all set to get back on track tomorrow.:D :D

Irene - you are really one of the nicest, sweetest ladies I have met and i'm so glad under your difficult circumstances you were able to come. Kat is a sweetheart too and so lovely - her mothers daughter for sure:D

Gill - wow - you are a stunning girl now and when your at your target you'll be fighting the men off with a bigger stick than you had last night;) - get you a younger man next time hun....OK:D ;)

Jennie - my party partner - so glad you came, so glad to meet you (though a little disappointed you weren't wearing the blue dressing gown....LOL:rolleyes: ) so much fun at Flares - think we rocked girls and showed some of the youngsters in there how 'real women' operate....;) Looking forward to seeing you again in Newcastle hun - stick with CD you are looking fab now so wait till this time next year.....OMG you will be soooo foxy!! And do organise another WeMitt meet for the summer next year - I'll be first on the list as long as we can go to Flares again.....mmmmm 'young man'....LOL;)

And finally Mandy - two words - YOU ROCK!!!!!

I have took loads and loads of photos on my disposable camera so need to take it to get it developed once I have I'll post them here - as long as they are appropriate as I can't remember taking rather alot last night - something to do with not enough diet pepsi in me voddie......:rolleyes:

Lots of love to all and again - absolute honour and a pleasure to meet you guys - looking forward to doing it again soon:D

Sounds like it's been a great meet Ann. I'm really glad that FFF decided to go.:)

I can't wait to meet up with Mandy, Kat and Irene again in January and Mich at last.

Hope they are taking some piccys tonight:D

Lacey - so looking forward to 'finally' meeting you too hun!! I'm sure we'll have plenty to chat about over a few voddies - last night was a good practice run for the Toon:) and i've been told the attention for the boys is even better in Newcastle than we had last night sooooo looking forward to that too;)

Not long now hun, not long now:D

Love

Brillian FFF! Lovely to meet you. I'll tell you what, why don't you "organise" a meet in July on here??? I'll come - and stay this time.
Ann x

You're on! I will organise it no problem! Will start a thread for it on here soon (ish)... lol

Thanks for arranging this one Ann... I had the BEST time! xxxx

Hi All!

Jennie - my party partner - so glad you came, so glad to meet you (though a little disappointed you weren't wearing the blue dressing gown....LOL:rolleyes: ) so much fun at Flares - think we rocked girls and showed some of the youngsters in there how 'real women' operate....;) Looking forward to seeing you again in Newcastle hun - stick with CD you are looking fab now so wait till this time next year.....OMG you will be soooo foxy!! And do organise another WeMitt meet for the summer next year - I'll be first on the list as long as we can go to Flares again.....mmmmm 'young man'....LOL;)

I have took loads and loads of photos on my disposable camera so need to take it to get it developed once I have I'll post them here - as long as they are appropriate as I can't remember taking rather alot last night - something to do with not enough diet pepsi in me voddie......:rolleyes:

Lots of love to all and again - absolute honour and a pleasure to meet you guys - looking forward to doing it again soon:D

ROFLMAO! hee hee hee... yeah, we showed 'em! lol love the "young man" comment .. lol... a la Harry Enfield!!! LOL... too funny.... sorry about the dressing gown... maybe in July ;) lol

Definitely going to Flares again in July - definitely - what fun! lol I knew ALL the songs! Tee hee... lol Next time I won't be in size 28 jeans but probably same boots! lol....

I recall you saying something about taking a photo of yourself in the loo!! lol so I wish I was the one developing those pics! LOL

I agree wholeheartedly with your last comments - I feel exactly the same!

"Staying Alive" will never be the same again! LOLOLOLOLOL ;) ;)

Jennie xxxx

PS... CD in car stereo was a party one... first tracks on were the saturday song,the kiss song and then staying alive! lolololol On the radio I heard that T-rex song that's in Billy Elliot and all I could do was laugh out loud and remember bopping away to it last night! LOL ahhh, what a night! :D

Back