what i have been eating..

Hi Nicki

How you doing hun? Just wanted to say hi and say I know exactly how you feel! I'm wondering its because we know we cant put 5 stone on overnight our brains are saying "go on - it'll be ok - you can just lose it again" and to be honest - it will be ok as long as we don't think like that everyday.

80:20 rule - as long as you are being good 80% of the time you should be ok. And if you can stick to it more then brilliant. This is one of the "Food Doctor" - Ian Marber's 10 principles - and I'm going to try and stick mainly to them.

Yesterday OH desperately wanted curry - and whilst I've been on TFR he wouldn't have even suggested it - anyway should've said no - suggested somewhere "healthier" but I've denied him so much in the last 5 months of my weightloss journey!

Anyway - chose Tandoori Chicken and a side of spinach. However, I then picked at OHs poppodum, peshwari naan, chutneys, dhal (not so bad!) then after felt particularly cr*p. Stomach just can't deal with the rubbish anymore - on loo, pains, bloating and wind TMI sorry!!

I knew all this before I started so why did I still do it!!

Its all a Head-f*ck!!! Anyway - thats my 20% bad for this fortnight - drawn a line and back on it today.

The 3lbs is probably water retention/glycogen and will go again (I thought I'd put 2lbs on earlier in the week - back off again now - I need to stop obsessing over the scales and stick to weighing once a week)

Be strong chicken - hugs x

Carol x

Last edited:
thanks hun, i have been really really naughty,dont want to go into to much detail but my diet plan yesterday just went completely out the window ! i did choose lower fat versions of the things that i decided to eat BUT they still werent good at all, whilst i was eating it i felt like i didnt care, it is afterwards that i feel so crap and wish i hadnt eaten it, it isnt like a binge or anything, i actually planned to eat the food, i went to tesco and got it for myself but i just feel awfulnow and the thought of putting weight on just depresses me, i know this will happen from time to time as i am not going to be sticking to healthy eating 24/7 7 days a week for the rest of my life but it is daunting....anyway,here's to today, a new day and hopefully one where i can stay completely in control and stick to meal pland with the odd bit of fruit thrown in for any hunger in between 'if i have to'
it will only take the one full day of nothing to eat apart from whats on my meal plan for the whole day to get me back on track, i havent managed that in 6 days now ! did ok for most of the day then caved at night, so here's to a stronger me.... i can do it

i know what you mean about the pains,wind,going to the loo etc ewwww it is awful and painful

xxxx

DAY 19...08/09/08

BREAKFAST...serving of porridge,1 banana,2 teaspoons of acacia honey

LUNCH...1 grilled quorn sausage, grilled tomatoes,mushrooms,onion,1 poached egg,one small tin of beans,3 ryvita with one laughing cow extra light cheese triangle

DINNER...maintenance bar

low fat yoghurt with fruit and 1 teaspoon of acacia honey

4 crackerbread,one slice ham,baby gherkins,pickled onions,extra light cheese triangle,cucumber,pepper 'felt hungry still this evening after my maintenance bar so had this instead of my nairns oat biscuits,and didnt have yoghurt after lunch earlier either so calories work out the same,bit less actually'

had packet of sugar free tunes and some trebor softmints,shared a packet with my boys

1 500ml bottle still water
3 glasses diet coke
1 glass diet cloudy lemonade
2 cups of tea
one cup green tea
9 glasses of sparkling water
one options hot chocolate

options hot chocolate

Last edited:
Hi babe,

It is great you are still posting here - im sure that you are doing better because of it - im def going to keep posting too - so that I can keep records and it makes me feel more accountable.

Hope ur tummy is ok and ur biscuit cravings are gone!! :)

luv julz
xxxxxx

Hi Nicki26, it's really good of you to post every single thing you've been eating. I backed away from doing that partially bacuase I thought I might not have eough control and would feel embarassed by my food diary. I admire what you've done on your good days and completely identify with your not-so-good days! Hey, I've had attacks of the munchies, and days when I've grazed all day -uh oh...
Well, we are all on a learning curve but I am certain we'll scucceed at maintenance. Keep strong!

Hope you feel better soon - bl**dy British weather. Its just started hammering down again here. Depressing.

Well done on sticking to it today

Carol x

DAY 21...10/09/08

BREAKFAST...serving of porridge,8 dried banana slices,one teaspoon of flaked almonds,two teaspoons mixed dried fruit, one teaspoon of acacia honey

LUNCH...quorn fillet,butternut squash,sweet potato and red onion roasting mix, some mixed veg and half tin of mushy peas

had my hand in the dried fruit all day grrrr this stuff is addictive,back to plain old porridge for me once this has ran out lol

also pinched a handful of oven baked chips off my son when he was eating, i asked him if i can have a few as i havent tried them since i started to eat again, they werent that bad but they are oven baked so not greasy

DINNER...maintenance bar

low fat yoghurt and fruit

couple of crackerbread,couple of teaspoons of spicy salsa,mushroom,celery,cucumber 'if i get peckish'

one hot chocolate
5 glasses of diet coke
one cup of tea
5 glasses of sparkling water

Last edited:
porrifge is just so lush and filling. Your doing well babe, tis a reminder to stay on the straight and narrow posting on here.

Love the new pics as well babe x

Hi Nicki

I've just been to weigh-in with my consultant and have put a pound on too. Try not to stress about it!!! - its only a pound and we can get that off again this week!! Know how you're feeling though, bit gutted though as I now have 5 lbs to go to get to target.

I have a question for you - on LT are you allowed to stay on TFR until you get down to your target weight, even if your target weight is under BMI25? I've been getting a lot of conflicting advice, m consultant this morning said that I could go back to TFR for a couple of weeks to shift this last few pounds then go back on maintenance, apparently I am allowed to continue until I am at my target as long as my target is in the healthy range 20-25. But the guys on Cambridge they are all saying you are not allowed to sole source at all if you are under BMI25. Apparently they are the NICE guidelines, but I've read anohter international report saying VLCDs are safe in the healthy BMI range so I don't know what to think. Confused.

Wondered what the rules were for LT - as its NHS recommended and pharmacist run?

Thanks

Carol x

Thanks hun.

Think I might go back to the packs for a bit - I just want to give myself a bit of leeway - I know if I get down to 10st then I will be happy if I fluctuate a little over. Ideally I'd like to be able to stand on the scales at night and still be 10 stone - but that would mean going a litlle under - need to get to 10 first and have a think. Its not like I want to get down to a ridiculously low weight - at 10 stone my BMI will be 23.3

Thanks for your help - good luck with the rest of the day

Carol x

well. i am up by 1kg this week ! exactly....i know that i haven't exactly been good so it was to be expected so here's to a better week next week,excluding saturday lol which is TREAT night, i.e few drinks,bar of choccie and some snack a jacks popcorn, i am hoping that as long as i can stick to just the saturday having a few treats and dont let it ride into the next day and the next like i have this week then i should be ok. i am just going to ring lipotrim and ask them how many calories they would advise i have in a day also and i am going to try n cut down the carbs and snacking next week....

Back